Apart from the bruiser which other models came with those tyres as standard ?

The original Blackfoot had those as standard. Was there any other model that anyone can think of?

The tires from the blackfoot are a similar tread pattern but made from a much softer rubber material

The tires from the blackfoot are a similar tread pattern but made from a much softer rubber material

That's right Shodog ;) I have a bruiser and just thought the hard rubber was from aging? There's no cracks but the rubber is quite 'hard'. I also got some repro Bruiser tires off a guy who's selling them on ebay--super super soft. They are fantastic! on my High-Lift and are good for amateur rock crawling.

Wow, and I thought the Blackfoot tire compound was overly hard. Are the Mountaineer's tires as hard as the Bruiser's as well?

Wow, and I thought the Blackfoot tire compound was overly hard. Are the Mountaineer's tires as hard as the Bruiser's as well?

Like a rock !

Yeah, the blackfoot tire compound is quite a bit softer than the bruiser or mountaineer's. At least my bruiser tires never flat spot while sitting on the shelf. lol. ;)

BTW, I have seen the newer aftermarket (non Tamiya) version of the Bruiser tires that are made in Asia. They look the same but they're made of softer rubber, and will work better when climbing.

They are harder for sure. I just compared two sets from NIB kits :-)

Paul.

Hi good people!

Can anybody please tell me where can I get a set of repro or look-a-like 'Bruiser/Mountaineer Wheels' (plastic type)? I saw somebody (I can't remember the guy's name) put it on his Highlift and it looks...... sooo cool!!

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks

I just recently bought some re-re Bruiser tyres from Jason's store on Ebay and they arrived today. They are 101 grams weight, versus the Blackfoot tyres from my NIB original Blackfoot are 111 grams. The rubber smells quite similar but subtly different. The new ones still say "ALL TRACTION UTILITY" and have the very thin ring around the top side of the lettering just like on the original Blackfoot tyres. The tread pattern is identical as well. The molding on the new ones is crisp and good quality. The rubber on the new ones is very similar to my NIB Blackfoot ones, i.e. only midly "sticky", but actually still a little plastic-like instead of rubber like for my liking. Satisfactory though I suppose. At least now I can have one Blackfoot for the shelf and one for running, now as I have 2 sets of tyres.

Cheers,

Alistair G.