Sign in to follow this  
knotty

Boats

Hi all.i know this may be sacrilege to some but i want a bit of a change from cars and i am fancying a boat.Anyone on here do much with them?and can anyone recommend a fairly easy and cheap starter?I seem to remember a motor torpedo boat a few years back that was fairly cheap and relatively easy to build but cant remember who made it and the only boat maker i can think of is billings.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

phil

I can't recommend any manufactures (I've always designed and built my own), but I can say that racing boats is fantastic fun. The speeds are huge and it does take a little practice, but great fun. My first ever time racing (too many years ago now) I piloted my dad's friends boat straight into the concrete edge of the parks lake. He wasn't too amused, but extremely encouraging for me to take it up. Back then my dad built the boats and I sunk them. :) Since my early teens I've designed and built my own.

Go for it and enjoy it. :(

nitro or electric?

engage rc makes a really cool big deep v thats nitro. it's called the sharp sword, it's getting rave reviews.

Cheers Guys. I was looking for electric for now as our local lake is council owned and because they have ducks on the lake nitro is banned.

I have five boats and they are alot of fun. the first one was a traxxas villain. i had under 300 bucks in it and it jams pretty good. I still have it although i dont run it anymore. My favorite is a warehouse hobbies enforcer team pro with a gas engine. It jams around 40 mph and goes forever on a tank of gas. but it was close to 1,500.ooo dollars. For a first timer, wanting a good reliable boat that goes pretty fast and is cheep. Go with a traxxas villian ex.

l_c6a9cf1817a4406e9b48735f60ea875a.jpg

My uncle slimmy built these for me.

l_3e66872c4b16471fad23a97836c75b1d.jpg

I have just finished a boat I started about 18 years ago, a 540 series Pacific Streaker, I used it last week for the first time and was very disappointed, very slow.

I am looking at getting a MFA Piranha 2 next, my dad had a Piranha 1 when I was younger and that was pretty quick.

The Piranha 2 kit is only about £40.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatal...fa-piranha.html