HomerJHandley

Anything Happening Ainsdale Beach Any Weekend?

Just wondering for the north west people, i take mine up there when the OH is kite flying so if anything is doing on a weekend can try and get up there, spend some time bashing and the rest try and learn how to fly the kite!

:(

The Nutters havent been there for a while, due to some idiots with petrol RC's the Rangers arent happy with a large number of people with RC's, an individual wont have an issue. We are, I believe, looking into sorting this out with them as Ainsdale is a great place to run cars.

I for one have to work this weekend so unfortunately couldnt make it, pity need to give my cars a run.

Not to worry, been there a few times with the clod recently and been good, cant wait to get back with the new batteries, a 10 minute slow runtime was ok but had to keep to flat stuff after the initial 3 minutes of power as it got stuck and had no clout to get out.

I was considering taking the Nitro thunder, but not sure how it would be with sand and if it will be more trouble then its worth with sand in all the running gear and possibly the rangers (it is noisy and the beach apepars to generally be quiet). At least with the clod there isnt anything major that can go wrong with sand.

how do the buggies run on the flat stuff on the hard and soft areas?

Have to keep an eye out for local bash's

Glyn

The soft dunes will always be a problem for buggies, but they dont like you running there due to some rare wildlife of one variety or another. Reckon if you run your nitro you will attract negative interest from rangers. Stick to the electric and harder packed sand and you will have fun, either take a skate ramp or a spade for some jumps.

Have a look through some of the Nutters entries of our exploits at Ainsdale here while your at it why not join Nutters Sig if you are a subscriber?

Some video here too...

Hi all why not go to the old sand grouding works site at the north end off the town.It is left to nature no one goes there maybe the odd dog walker and no rangers it,s on the coast road good parking.It,s got hills big flat out area,s and piles off old concreat good for crawlers.Just a thought haven,t seen any meetings all summer which is a pity as we had some great meets last year.Anybody still want to get out as it has been very quiet of late ?

I'm up for a bash anytime. Got a location map for this spot Ade?

Would love to get some sand on my bajahopper now it's finished and my new axial crawler has yet to leave its box :D

In fact I haven't run anything since last time at Ainsdale, just bought, built and painted...

So yeah, anytime, anyplace ;)

Martyn

Hi lads sorry i,am really bad on a computer so no Google map better at driving RC than IT .Biggus your better at this than me or Moxy your a local Southport man lend me a hand could you put a map up for me thanks.On a foot note would love to get out for a meet with you guys soon shame it,s winter again still got a thick coat so no probs .Lets make it sooner than later

I have a saturday off shortly if anyone is up for a meet. Ade here is the maps that may help, got a before and after of sandworks too.

Red circle is pretty much the location of the site!

img280_05112009201134_1.jpg

Before they demolished site

img280_05112009201134_2.jpg

And something how it should look now

img280_05112009201134_3.jpg

A little further down the road, away from southport is this site on the right hand side of road.. parking doesnt look great its a track bmx bikers have used.

img280_05112009201134_4.jpg

yes have been to the old sandworks when i had my savage xl it very good for bashing

word is they are turning it in to another bird watching area/ car park

but the bmx track is great for bashing/jumping been there once with the lunchbox very quiet and a lots of parking also a quiet little road for on road cars and a flat field just near for them brushless cars

need to get out for a bash as the new baby is taking all my time and sold alot of my cars now

Thanks Rich for the maps love to get out again soon let me know when you are free .The old bmx track is a great spot for freestyle jumps the only prob is when it,s been wet it,s a bog as the jumps are made out of mud and boy it sticks when it,s been raining i mean sticks i was there two weeks ago and the stampead wheels were twice there normal size due to wet clay goo .But went there this summer bone dry what a laff.Hi Moxy Don,t sell all your cars i did ten years ago big mistake i,am back and love this hobby keep at least one or two cars. The sandpits on the coast looks the best place for a meet.

Looks like Im off a week on Saturday (14th November) who's up for an afternoon of shaking the dust off the cars at the old sandworks?

hi

i should be able to pop down on the 14th for a hour or two still got my lunchbox and a terra scorcher never run the scorcher yet

Hi just had a chin wag with my mate Pete and we will be at the sand pits on sunday about eleven how,s that time good ?We will have all sorts of trucks to play with as the terrrain offers a mixed bag to play on so bring anything Ade

Hi just had a chin wag with my mate Pete and we will be at the sand pits on sunday about eleven how,s that time good ?We will have all sorts of trucks to play with as the terrrain offers a mixed bag to play on so bring anything Ade

Ade we are all chatting about Saturday 14th!! Hows that for you, earliest meet I can make, probably only one for a few weeks too.

Hi Rich i told you i,am bad on a pc .I ment to say sat 14th is good is eleven a good time for all?

For me I reckon 12 noon onwards at earliest.

Ok twelve is good for us be nice to see you all again.Been far to long Rich you got any new toys to bring to the party is Andy/Nightowl coming ?

Might not be able to make this one :P , however some new video for the Nutters Website would be handy if anyone gets some, along with some pickys ;) , website update on go slow at mo :lol: , but if you get some send it over or let me know and we can arrange something to get it online :D .

Cheers and have a good :D even if I can't make it ;) .

LAMMAC

I'll be there!! I'll bring my lunchbox, hilux and maybe my camera rig to get some footage. Might even bring some weed killer to clear the old bmx track for the future :-D

Just a thought anyone else up for this meet it would be see faces old and new.Also myself and good friend pete go out scale trail driving near Ormskirk in a public park a top site with good terrain if you fancy a scale trail drive let me know

Still good.

I'll be there from late morning on I think. The weather may be a bit changeable so want to make the most of the day.

Bringing a DF03, Bajahopper, one or two TA01 tourers and my brand new Axial SCX10 TR B)

See you all tomorrow...

Martyn