Sign in to follow this  
KEV THE REV

Rough Rider / Bc B Parts # 10 & 11

on the B parts driver tree?

I don't remember these on my re re ( using them or not using them I mean ) - but are they not used to keep the 2 halves of the drivers helmet together? One for the crown of the head and the other with the hole at the base where the body is attached with a screw?

captureqf.jpg

They weren't on the original RR & don't appear in the manual, the are on the BC sprue and in the manual, but are greyed out - therefore they are not used.

They aren't on the Super Champ sprue either, so they're not a cryptic clue of the imminent re-release of the Super Champ (now there's a rumour to start).

Is the driver common to any other cars ?

Anyone remember when these were worth something? ;)

These are all old 'uns (pic from 2003) and they all have them :)

img169_02072003130347_3.jpg

Yes , I looked through all of my relevant manuals etc (RR, SC ,BC) but couldn't find any use for them .They both have 6mm holes in them but one has a blanked end and the other has a step in it down to about 5mm but the hole goes through to the other side .They look like specificlly parts designed with a use, but not on these buggies and I can't think of another model the driver tree might be used on

Yes , I looked through all of my relevant manuals etc (RR, SC ,BC) but couldn't find any use for them .They both have 6mm holes in them but one has a blanked end and the other has a step in it down to about 5mm but the hole goes through to the other side .They look like specificlly parts designed with a use, but not on these buggies and I can't think of another model the driver tree might be used on

they are for seting up the SC speed control.

But they aren't shown on the sprue in the back of the Super Champ manual, nor is there any setup shown for the speed control in the text ?

Well done Jim , spot on .I just checked through my SC manual again and found it on page 9 .They are alignment spacers to fit over servo splines to align the speedo plate in right position before sticking it down to the servo with the double sided tape .2 types of spacer for different servo options ( I got the #'s wrong they are 9&10 - not 10&11 :)

Well done Jim , spot on .I just checked through my SC manual again and found it on page 9 .They are alignment spacers to fit over servo splines to align the speedo plate in right position before sticking it down to the servo with the double sided tape .2 types of spacer for different servo options ( I got the #'s wrong they are 9&10 - not 10&11 :D

Kev, your manual must be different from the version I have then ?

Mine says "If the clearance is less than 4.5mm, place 2mm washer between switch & servo horn" & there's no mention of spacers at all :)

Kev, your manual must be different from the version I have then ?

Mine says "If the clearance is less than 4.5mm, place 2mm washer between switch & servo horn" & there's no mention of spacers at all :)

Hi Russ ,I'll scan the page and post it up tomorrow :D

Thank Kev . ;)

Er....ok,that's totally different from the SC manual I have.

The uploaded one here on TC matches mine ?

So it seems there have been 2 versions (at least) of the Super Champ as well as the other SRB production differences.

Well well,you learn something everyday. :)