wolfswest

Thinking Of Rebuilding My Celica Lb Turbo 58009

Hi,

I used to have a complete celica like this one 10 years ago: http://tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=9

Due to youth stupidity the chassis isn't complete anymore and the shell is missing parts, it's in realy bad condition but is it possible to transform it again into a street worthy ride? Can I find most of the parts or is everything discontinued and no repro parts on the market?

Any links or tips? How is this chassis called? Can't find anything on ebay... :)

Is it something worth to rebuild it in his former glory? I mean, I'm not in it for the money but will it be worth the money to invest in it or should I leave it as it is on the shelf?

thx,

Dem

Some parts are still around:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Tonys-Tamiya...;LH_TitleDesc=1

The complete body set was reissued, about 10 years ago, so there are few still around. I have some currently on order.

It's based on the Countach Competiton Special Chassis.

Antony

yeah, I know it's basicly the same as the countach CS chassis but has the chassis a name? like for example a F-201 or a TA-01 of... I can't find any parts of the chassis or is it that rare? :)

...I mean, I'm not in it for the money but will it be worth the money to invest in it or should I leave it as it is on the shelf...

Very very few people will ever get the money they invested in their vintage RC back when selling the whole car. If you want to try the only viable way to do this is to sell each part individually.

Most experienced vintage refurbishers will tell you the same thing buy the most expensive complete car you can to start with, do not buy scrap off ebay and think I will be able to turn this into a $$$ car. You will fail unless you are a genius :) (and then only if your a lucky genius)

Paul

Very very few people will ever get the money they invested in their vintage RC back when selling the whole car. If you want to try the only viable way to do this is to sell each part individually.

Most experienced vintage refurbishers will tell you the same thing buy the most expensive complete car you can to start with, do not buy scrap off ebay and think I will be able to turn this into a $$$ car. You will fail unless you are a genius :) (and then only if your a lucky genius)

Paul

well I'm afraid it is a lost case... The mocked up the chassis way too far to restore it how it should be. 10 years ago I've put a lof of newer parts on it in a not very good way if you know what I mean... I'm not going to sell it and probably leave it on the shelf... it's part of my youth.

Ah well, back to the "new" car: building myself a nice scorcher. :P

yeah, I know it's basicly the same as the countach CS chassis but has the chassis a name? l
Yes, the official name of the chassis is the Countach CS chassis.

As most of the early cars had unique chassis, or shared with only one or two other cars, Tamiya never had chassis numbers until the TA01 touring car. The buggy chassis the TA01 was derived from was known as the Manta Ray chassis for the first 8 years of it's life until Tamiya released the Blazing Star and changed it to the DF01 name.

The shell isn't the biggest of problems I think :) This is one of the cars of which the Bodyset has been re-released recently in limited numbers within Japan. However, you do find them regularly on ebay. It will set you back about $60 (that's the price I saw them for back then), but then you will have a completely new bodyset! :)

The shell isn't the biggest of problems I think :) This is one of the cars of which the Bodyset has been re-released recently in limited numbers within Japan. However, you do find them regularly on ebay. It will set you back about $60 (that's the price I saw them for back then), but then you will have a completely new bodyset! :)

well, I already spotted a used and a new shell so that's not the problem, but the chassis and

all the little parts from the chassis, that will be the problem I guess... :)

Wheels, tyres and front bumper will be hardest (most expensive) things to find as these dont come up often, chassis sets come up now and again but you have to be very quick to beat the re-sellers lol.

Good luck with it.