southside

Lost Sand Scorcher To An E-bay Scammer

That sucks, if it is fact, and I am not questioning your integrity here...but the ID is a must please. I will PM you if necessa, but save replying to 10000 PM's and shove it on here.

Not sure what postal service you were using, but if it was signed for, I am pretty sure it says where you sign "all goods received in good order etc etc" It should be everyones responsibility to open the parcels in front of the deliverer....if not only to avoid this sort of thing, but the postie should ask you to in order to ensure they dont get blamed for faulty service/broken goods.

Ask the courier/postal service for a copy of their sign off form....if they can, get the one that HE/SHE actually signed....

Here in Dubai they x-ray all parcels and open most of them in front of you...looking for contraband etc. If they deliver it to your door and you are not there to sign for it, whoever does sign, is asked to open and inspect the contents (if it is at your house, they assume that there is no contraband at the x-ray stage).. You dont have to show them whats in it, but you need to be satisfied that you received it. If I get some rubbish like that, I have the post master on hand to verify.

Seriously, ask the postal service for their receiving form......they would be pretty stupid NOT to have the "I declare all goods received in good order" statement on it...

At the moment I am not prepared to name the buyer or give out his e-bay ID, The reason for this is that I AM going to pursue this matter firstly through the Police and also if necessary through the small claims court.

I do not see why I should have to be the loser on this transaction.

I am trying to do all of this in a calm and sensible manner even though I would dearly love to take another sort of action against this buyer but if I name and shame the buyer before the FINAL outcome there is a chance that it might jeposise my case.

I have today established that I cannot claim against the Post office, I didn't really think I could, so I am going down this other avenue to try and get at least either my money back or my Sand scorcher even though it is likely to take quite some time

I hope that fellow TC members can understand this and I will keep you all informed of my progress, if any.

At one point, my case was closed and the outcome was in favor of the other party. But I called paypal and was able to talk to a supervisor about my case. At the end, I got my money back. So don't give up with paypal yet, let them know what you will do next and they should take this case more seriously.

Just one thought, it wont help you now but, when we get a delivery at work the senders usually state that you MUST check the contents BEFORE signing, if anything is missing or damaged then don't sign, otherwise you are entering into a contract to say all is ok, and no claims will be excepted. If this system could be put in place it would eliminate a lot of the risk here. Hope you get some justice

Pay him a visit, chances are its sat on his shelf in his spare room!

true but he isnt likely to just let you in to have a look.

and if you were to pay him a visit you will probably be arrested before him,because lets face it,your not gonna leave without giving him a slap.

i think if you are going to pursue this (police,courts)you will probably end up more out of pocket,as its gonna be hard to prove anything.

thanks for letting us know about this scam,i will definitly think twice before selling on ebay again.

oh and sorry to hear this has happened to you.

I think a picture of the Scorcher would be at least be a good idea, any key identifiers would help... I would certainly keep an eye out for you!
At the moment I am not prepared to name the buyer or give out his e-bay ID

I am really shocked at this, but more so as (for now at least) the Buyer seems to have 'gotten away with it'.

I do agree that giving out the Ebay ID would only jeopardise your case at the moment. But I do think that a picture of the Scorcher (if you have one) would be a good idea, as there would be a lot of TC members on the look out for it, and if they are spotted trying to sell it on, then it obviously should add more weight to your claim - especially if there are any identifiable marks on it.

I am personally on Ebay pretty much daily at the moment, coincidentally looking for a Sand Scorcher. I would definately keep an eye out for you too!

Emma

I do think that a picture of the Scorcher (if you have one) would be a good idea, as there would be a lot of TC members on the look out for it, and if they are spotted trying to sell it on, then it obviously should add more weight to your claim - especially if there are any identifiable marks on it.

I am personally on Ebay pretty much daily at the moment, coincidentally looking for a Sand Scorcher. I would definately keep an eye out for you too!

Emma

I agree a picture speaks volumes and us guys on TC are you best bet for someone to spot it .

Ebay is apart of my daily ritual as well I cruise , Ebay UK, Ebay US, Ebay AUS and other Auction sites .

You Never know we might spot it for you .

We just want to help is all we cannot do much but keep a look out for it .

Good luck Southside .

Pics wont help,IIRC the Scorcher was box art or new built unpainted.

Good luck Steve.

Name and shame.

It may even speed up the process as if the buyer is known and other complaints surface you could take it back to paypal...

Really really crappy to hear :-(

I will try and get some pics of it on here when I can.

I still have quite a few Tamiya models left, including three Sand scorchers but only one of these is a NEW build and if I sell this it will definately be collection only as I will not be sending anything else through the postal system.

I only sold my NEW build sand scorcher as I wanted to buy a 1/5 truck or buggy or possibly a Tamiya rig and the money would have gone a long way towards the cost of this.

Well, keep us up to date. Maybe you can help save someone else from being scammed and build up your karma points. :mellow:

Hi southside,

Am totally shocked by all of this. Am very nervous about sending things off now. I would have posted pictures immediately. Any distinguishing marks on the car whatsoever? Any creases on the box or marks? don't understand why you are slow posting pics, as maybe we can all keep our eyes open for you?

Good luck mate,

Felix

don't understand why you are slow posting pics, as maybe we can all keep our eyes open for you?

I'm a little puzzled by the lack of info too - If the mods had the 'buyer' ID and email address, we could at least make sure he's not active on TC, but requests for it have fallen on deaf ears for some reason.

post-28961-1258390497_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys for the delay.

Here is a picture of the Sand scorcher before I fitted the front chrome box art bumper.

Yes I am a bit reluctant at the moment to give the buyers ID and details out as I am trying to do my best to get this matter sorted out and at least get my money or my Scorcher back without the buyer receiving e-mails and other possible action against him from other people.

All of this would only antagonise him and make my job of getting something back a lot harder.

Once I have sorted this B****** out then I will quite happily provide all of his info here on the forum.

Feel even more upset after seeing the photo. It is a beautiful Sand Scorcher. It is just sad to know you lost this for nothing. Hope you can resolve this with good ending.

Steve,it isn`t box art blue that is it? if you have any other piccys or info specific about the car,runs in the paint etc [probably not] but you get the idea.

I would recomend sending Admin the details you do have etc,i`m sure they will do thier best to help,without compromising any action you are taking.

BR

Simon.

The blue colour was the only colour I could get hold of at the time when the original Tamiya spray paints were very hard to get hold of.

Apart from this it was a standard new build and did not have any other distinguishing marks on it at all. The inside of the body shell was painted white with no overspray or anything on it. I really do not know, apart from possibly the colour, which looks a lot darker in the pictures than it actually is, of anything else that would make it stand out from any other Sand scorcher. It has standard Acoms electrics fitted to it.

really really feel for you matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i hate ebay

im sat here now after posting some vintage tamiya stuff over a week ago , waiting for feedback, 1 item to spain and 2 items to the states , well one usa and one canada

and to be honest its nerve wracking stuff waiting for the feedback

most ebay accounts require a number ie tel no etc have you looked in the view order details section of your sold item for a number?

i have had and have lost soooo much money with trying to keep my 100% feedback , like sold something week after recieveing it the buyer claims its bust, (yeah coz you bust it ) but paypal would not help me out at all and said i should do everything i can to resolve the complaint myself. ended up paying them for replacement parts, even tho it left and arrived in the condition described! anyone else had this happen?

Tony

OK, so this guy is uk, why not have a look on the tamiya club members map for someone who is close to him? chances are he runs cars somewhere, someone must know him?

If he's in the lincolnshire are give me a shout.

OK, so this guy is uk, why not have a look on the tamiya club members map for someone who is close to him? chances are he runs cars somewhere, someone must know him?

If he's in the lincolnshire are give me a shout.

After one month, there's very little point pursuing this - the car could've been listed back on ebay and sold by now, although the buyer's account has never sold anything so chances are he has two IDs anyway.

If Southside doesn't want to reveal any details about the buyer, then what would you do if you did come across someone with a similar car in Lincolnshire? without knowing the guy's details you can only suspect him - he's hardly gonna admit to lying to the police to a stranger now, is he?

All he has to say is he bought it last week (or whenever) at a boot-sale and that's that.

That is shocking if the buyer did do that

Cannot believe Paypal sided with the buyer.

Can the buyer make a claim on Paypal if they sent the payment via a GIFT ?? (Tamiyaclub trade for example)