southside

Lost Sand Scorcher To An E-bay Scammer

Can the buyer make a claim on Paypal if they sent the payment via a GIFT ?? (Tamiyaclub trade for example)

No, that's the one risky thing about a gift payment - if you pay me for something as a gift, you have absolutely no comeback at all - there's not even an option to dispute a gift payment

Paying for goods with a paypal gift is as 'dodgy' as sending cash

Here's what it says if you try to start a dispute for a 'gift' payment;

We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services.

Please contact the recipient directly

Although having said that, in the email confirmation you receive as the seller when the payer has used a gift payment does state that the payment 'can still be reversed'.

Paypal can't even get the currency correct on my account pages half the time, they think it is Dollars when it is Sterling, or vice versa. Nowadays, what is the difference? :-)

Paul.

Although having said that, in the email confirmation you receive as the seller when the payer has used a gift payment does state that the payment 'can still be reversed'.

Paypal can't even get the currency correct on my account pages half the time, they think it is Dollars when it is Sterling, or vice versa. Nowadays, what is the difference? :-)

Paul.

It think the reversal caveat applies when the payment is funded by a credit card which turns out to be nicked.

I've only ever had one reversal, and that was due to a stolen credit card being used after some dope let their laptop get nicked (stored passwords and all) along with their wallet.

Thankfully, the payment and subsequent clawback all happened over night, so I didn't even know the goods were sold until the morning, by which time I had an inbox full of mail from ebay, paypal and the muppet whose account was used.

The blue colour was the only colour I could get hold of at the time when the original Tamiya spray paints were very hard to get hold of.

Apart from this it was a standard new build and did not have any other distinguishing marks on it at all. The inside of the body shell was painted white with no overspray or anything on it. I really do not know, apart from possibly the colour, which looks a lot darker in the pictures than it actually is, of anything else that would make it stand out from any other Sand scorcher. It has standard Acoms electrics fitted to it.

Hello Steve,

Iam trying to reach you for almost a week now with no Luck..?? Please get it touch.

Thank you.!

Thanos

Southside's emptied his showroom and hasn't logged on to the forums since mid-November

His email address on the main site is no longer a valid one (it's a website, not an email address) so 'contact a member' won't work thru the main site.

I suggest that if anyone needs to contact him, they do so via the email function on the forums.

Strange that he emptied his showroom and has not been seen since mid Nov :lol:

Strange that he emptied his showroom and has not been seen since mid Nov :D

It might be because the negative feedback he left for the supposed "scammer" has been removed by ebay, or there are several TC members who are trying to contact him about items bought and not delivered. :lol:

Southside has also removed all contact details from TC as well, although his email address is still in the forums.

It might be because the negative feedback he left for the supposed "scammer" has been removed by ebay, or there are several TC members who are trying to contact him about items bought and not delivered. :)

Southside has also removed all contact details from TC as well, although his email address is still in the forums.

Can you post the link of the eBay transaction?

Can you post the link of the eBay transaction?

There isn't one :D

The 'Sand Scorcher' was a private listing, so there's no link to it in the feedback of the seller or the buyer.

Without knowing the item number, I don't know of any way to view it :)

Just all seems a bit suspect .

Southside gets ripped off then goes quiet clears his showroom out owes people items very odd.

Why mention he got ripped off in the first place if he was not going to share any infomation with us and why tell us he got ripped off if he himself has people chasing him for items I dont get it :)

Just all seems a bit suspect .

Southside gets ripped off then goes quiet clears his showroom out owes people items very odd.

Why mention he got ripped off in the first place if he was not going to share any infomation with us and why tell us he got ripped off if he himself has people chasing him for items I dont get it :blink:

First: He mention he got ripped off (eBay)

Then: he was not going to share any infomation with us

Then: TC trade

Then: goes quiet clears his showroom out owes people items

I got my stuff from him.

It wasn't exactly 100% as described, but I didn't make a fuss.

Paul.

We all like a good scandal :lol:

Providing your not the bunny being had :(

This could end up being deeper than Corrination street or Neighbours.

Not that I have ever watched either :blink:

Give me his eBay ID, I might be able to find it.

P.

Here's his feeedback page;

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...tab=AllFeedback

I got my stuff from him.

It wasn't exactly 100% as described, but I didn't make a fuss.

Paul.

You're not the first to have reported that since either :lol:

Why mention he got ripped off in the first place if he was not going to share any infomation with us and why tell us he got ripped off if he himself has people chasing him for items I dont get it :blink:

This would make a great scam actually;

Set up a second account on ebay, buy something from myself in a private auction, then leave myself negative feedback (it'll disappear in a year anyway).

Shortly after, start posting on a forum I've barely used before how I've just been ripped off on ebay, then list a load of items on the website connected to the aforementioned forum but tell people I can't accept paypal as I've closed my account due to a recent scam and link to the thread I'd started that would substantiate the claim.

After pocketing a load of cash and western union transfers doing the above, delete all trace of contact from the site, and delete all models I've ever added so that I can start it all up again later on, with a diffferent name.

Not saying that's what's happened here, but it's a great idea for a scam based on similar but not connected events :(

Steve bought a model off me,it could of gone smoother really[messed me about on payment a bit],but he offered me it back for a good price a couple of months later,i sold loads of bits off cheap to get the funds together to buy it back,i managed to get it together 2 days before his deadline,then he said he had sold it to someone else,so i removed him from my mates list.

There is always at least two sides to every story eh!

BR,

T.

Your wish is my command,

Here is the item number:

P.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3D1&_rdc=1

DSC03231.JPG

Sorry guys for the delay.

Here is a picture of the Sand scorcher before I fitted the front chrome box art bumper.

No mention of the alu wheels though :blink:

The blue colour was the only colour I could get hold of at the time when the original Tamiya spray paints were very hard to get hold of.

Apart from this it was a standard new build and did not have any other distinguishing marks on it at all. The inside of the body shell was painted white with no overspray or anything on it. I really do not know, apart from possibly the colour, which looks a lot darker in the pictures than it actually is, of anything else that would make it stand out from any other Sand scorcher. It has standard Acoms electrics fitted to it.

Is it just me, or does the scorcher in his trades listing here look the same as the one he sold on Ebay and got "scammed". The only difference are the chrome wheels - the driver is painted the same and the stickers are the same.........

James.

BTW he also registered a second TC username when he first joined, so avoid any dealings with TC member Masey. That one does still have his contact details.

Is it just me, or does the scorcher in his trades listing here look the same as the one he sold on Ebay and got "scammed". The only difference are the chrome wheels - the driver is painted the same and the stickers are the same.........

Yes it is the same one that he supposedly got scammed over.

A member has sent me this picture comparing the Scorchers - note the white aerial wire and the same highlighted mistakes in the black paint.

post-1332-1261394298_thumb.jpg