BUGBOX

Real Size Sand Scorcher

I was in Florida for a couple of days! Daniel, our IT-guy is trying to download and convert it but it´s a pretty big file!

Walter

Any news?!!

:D:lol::lol:

Badboy

I love the look of the UK built car and I'm afraid I'm standing by what I said about the body lift :lol:

but it is now making a bit more sense after watching the video - its on a 181 chassis (Trekker, Thing) which has beefier taller suspension with the ball joints mounted upside down :D

but at the end of the day they both look great - and they'd look even better in my drive!

Oh turn your back for 5 mins & look what happens :) .

I had a baja back in the eighties that lived a short life, but this is something else!!!!

Top work BUGBOX!!!!!!!!!! If I ever run into a mountain of cash expect an order for an RHD :lol:

i started a 1:1 scorcher november 2008, i drove it through the winter and had to sell it.

wouldve looked great when finished but it was a money pit!!!

video clip

001.jpg

SP_A0465.jpg

CIMG0603.jpg

CIMG0919.jpg

CIMG0925.jpg

SP_A0576.jpg

SP_A0598.jpg

SP_A0599.jpg

i started a 1:1 scorcher november 2008, i drove it through the winter and had to sell it.

WOW! I've never seen a bug eye Baja on the road in the UK! Thought they were illegal here. Did it ever go through an MOT with that front end?

WOW! I've never seen a bug eye Baja on the road in the UK! Thought they were illegal here. Did it ever go through an MOT with that front end?

i found out the mot was an issue after i had found the body kit, cut up the car and fitted it, lol was ok though, it nearly had to be q plated but i found some1 who was happy that it was legal and it passed

i found out the mot was an issue after i had found the body kit, cut up the car and fitted it, lol was ok though, it nearly had to be q plated but i found some1 who was happy that it was legal and it passed

I like it!, my first ever car was a blue baja!(not bug-eyed though)

Maybe just the opinion of the M.O.T tester on the day?

Did you sell this on Ebay last year? If so i wondered why i'd never noticed it driving around gloucester at all.

Looks like it was a cool project

Did you sell this on Ebay last year? If so i wondered why i'd never noticed it driving around gloucester at all.

Looks like it was a cool project

yeh, sold it last feb, drove around gloucester daily, was a monster in all that snow we had!!

Beautiful replica BugBox Guys! Now you need to make a 1:1 scale Tamiya Bruiser. B)

Here's my Sand Scorcher project. Mine will see alot of trail riding, so I didn't want a picture perfect version. Here's a couple of pics just after painting:

4380582769_096b706d6d_o.jpg

4381338134_ff5cdd0107_o.jpg

4380582979_485d81c3b2_o.jpg

4380583111_9168688e09_o.jpg

But not ours! Totally different car.

Walter

Just read the article and yes this is a different replica which is based on the actual car not the box art version, It even has replica screws in the roof.

Its in Britain and was made by a sand scorcher fan, apparently it's up for sale and who ever buys it is sure to be showing it off at the various VW shows around the country.

I'm looking forward to seeing it

Here we go!

We have a cool domain now and much more info for you! The English version will take a few more days to get finished but german is already online:

www.sandscorcher.de

Regards,

Walter

Nice work walter! Just been looking round the rest of your blog, loving the 2 tone 23 Window Samba. LUSH!!!!!!!!

It is very cool but guess you didnt notice the other thread on this then :) Search button is really handy on forums.

Just a heads up for the sand scorcher fans, my other hobby is 80's bmx,

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103213.0

follow this link and see some nice photos of the full scale beetle that tamiya had made , and also another version that someone on there was just completed by coincedence.

check it out

Topics merged, just to keep it all tidy :)

Full size Willy :lol: Would be a sight to see. Just need to find a guy with a big helmet to drive it.

Took delivery of new isue of Evo Magazine yesterday, it has a big story on 1.1 Sand Scorcher. It should be in shops next few days. :lol:

I just bought this. FYI guys, it's the issue with the green Lamborghini on the cover.

Great article! A pleasure to read about vintage Tamiya appreciation in a top level motoring magazine.

Cheers,

H.