BUGBOX

Real Size Sand Scorcher

I'm mesmerised by those Padlatraks, they look huuuge... :)

Are you going to stick a huge bendy aerial on the back cage?

"I love it I love it, before you even built it I loved it!!!"

images-1.jpg

Not taking any of the excitement or engineering/design/inspiration away from this build but... wat I dont get is this already exists http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...540&id=7926, so I wonder why T did not just track this down? Maybe HQ T are not as into T as we are LOL :)

Fair point, but maybe that one is not on the road anymore?

More to the point, they couldn't feature the build of it in the TV show - which all adds to the real life 'kit' element of the current project - I for one can't wait to see it finished, it looks amazing!!!

Jenny xx

I'm mesmerised by those Padlatraks, they look huuuge... :)

Yes, they certainly look the part! I'm just wondering what changes they've had to make to the gearbox, and surely they've had to strengthen the diff as well to run such large tires?

- James

Walter,

You are extremely fortunate to be able to build such an amazing project. I hope you are enjoying the process as much as we all are watching this become a reality.

james.

There is always the 2 sides: a lot of fun and a lot of work! Saturday 7.15 pm, and we are still on it! Not much to see! We hope, we can put the body on wednesday!

As for the people who asked why we did another one and found the one my frined Randy Carlson from www.oldbug.com did a couple years ago, here is why:

-the one Randy did was a look-a-like and in no way correct, neither it was planned to be correct! It gave me the inspiration to do one but as correct as possible! Randy did it for a customer, but it had a non correct body ( oval window beatle, with a non correct body kit (decklid!), the rims were to small, tires not STUs, the indicators on the wings and the RC was made to look like a FUTABA!

It was very cool back then, but not what we are trying to achive here!

-we have 4 non matching things, because it would be impossible or far too much work to do it correct or we like it like it is ore we simply don´t care, because it´s personalized!

1. front tires are SMOOTHEE 2 because you can´t get different ones. Grooves were never made!

2. front beam is a ball joint instead of a link pin because THINGs only came that way

3. the roll cage is a roll bar

4. we added a body lift, because we want people to see the car and it would be rather difficult to fit the rear tires without!

Just my two cents!

If anybody disagrees, try to do better!

To do this car has been a dream of my lifetime and the Scorcher is one reason for what I´m doing today!

Walter

LOVE IT!!!!!!

I cant wait to see this finished with the painted tires. Hmmm, think i might be going to the Volksworld show afterall!

Great work guys.

I wonder what sort of interior the Sand Scorcher had?

Blue trim to match the paint? Maybe beige because it was the seventies? Did the SS originally have carpet or black rubber mats?

At least we know what sort of steering wheel it had for sure ;)

:(

I wonder what sort of interior the Sand Scorcher had?

Normally blue and white overspray?!

But from the box picture it looks pretty dark, with racing seats...?

I love the 'edited' box art they've done, very amusing!

J x

Normally blue and white overspray?!

But from the box picture it looks pretty dark, with racing seats...?

I love the 'edited' box art they've done, very amusing!

J x

If you check the blogdate 8/1-10 you'll see matchmakeing!!!

http://bugbox.skynetblogs.be/

Badboy

looking good guys - but still not sure about the body lift.... :(

I know what you mean, but what else could they do? - those rear tyres are huge!!!

It's going to look fantastic once the fenders are on!

Love this thread!

J xx

body lift had to be because it is our PROJECT! That is what we thought would add to the looks and it does!

You can´t use the rear tires without it! Well, you could leave the fenders off! :-)

Walter

This is turning out oh sooo sweet!

Always amazing to see this attention to detail and concept.

I WANT TO SNIFF THE TYRES!!!!11!1!!@@@1!! :(

I really hope you put a srb aerial on it hehe.

Please Please Please Walter, when the show is said and done, take this down to a beach, with that film crew of your's, and show us some 1:1 sand scorcher rooster tail's! I think I would speak for everyone in this thread when I say we would LOVE to see that! :)

Now where getting somewhere!!!

dyn003_original_1024_768_pjpeg_2558422_c19768689b91a4ef2a6a036dae426487.jpg

Looking awesome!!!

dyn003_original_1024_768_pjpeg_2558422_950c36488199635edc6715d359ce1afb.jpg

"The "leading" german VW magazine already said "NO!" to a feature of the SCORCHER because it is not what their readers want to see...!"

Seriously??? Tell the mag to check in here and they'll see that thats exactly what people wants!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Badboy

http://bugbox.skynetblogs.be/