BUGBOX

Real Size Sand Scorcher

"The "leading" german VW magazine already said "NO!" to a feature of the SCORCHER because it is not what their readers want to see...!"

Seriously??? Tell the mag to check in here and they'll see that thats exactly what people wants!!!

Sounds just like the majority of the readers of Truck Model World in UK. They are almost violently opposed to having any slightest trace of RC trucks in the magazine, I know that from comments in the mag. and also from surveys taken in the mag. Of course I put a voodoo curse on all such people ...

Cheers,

ARG

"The "leading" german VW magazine already said "NO!" to a feature of the SCORCHER because it is not what their readers want to see...!"

Seriously??? Tell the mag to check in here and they'll see that thats exactly what people wants!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Now how can anybody not be interested in this if you are into Beetles.

What a load of old rot! ANYONE that's interested in Beetles will go absolutely NUTS over this car. Heck, the site that rejuvanted my interest in RCs was a UK based site who's users build baja bugs. One of the members built a "mini me" which was a Hornet with a beetle shell on it, and all of the guys there absolutely loved it!

I really hope for a build thread later on here at TC-forum!

All pictures included and text!!! :)

How about talking to "Volkworld-Magazine" about this build?

Badboy

Good grief Dan, I'm glad I don't live there, I hope that people in America are not mostly like this as I had planned to visit USA some day LOL.

In complete contast to what you experienced, I would recommend going to a TC style vintage fun race instead, where we are all having harmless fun in a like minded way, and the atmosphere is for the vast majority a very happy and pleasant affair and none of this nastiness is in evidence.

Pity I can't say that about our loco club, wow have there ever been some arguments in that one :o .

Hence I tend to stick to RC meets and making my buggies :D

All I am ever after is a quiet life LOL.

Best Wishes,

Alistair G.

BTW I am a big Ford fan too LOL hence the Fiesta MK6 that I drive.

I like my Frog just as much though!

Cheers,

ARG

The bug is coming on nicely.

Keep going folks,we all want a go in it :D

Hey Dan,

some people will never understand,they have absolutely no imagination at all.

Arsehattery[great word BTW] seems to go on all over the world.

Remember though,you are far from being alone in your passion for models and RC :D

Best regards,

Simon.

It is always fascinating to see people who pursue their dreams! It is the best inspiration imaginable. I imagine you already have a helmet and a racing suit that matches the boxart? Please remember to also photograph the visitors - they must have long faces when they see it at the Nürnberg Toy Fair!

Keep looking for the right magazine to feature your excellent build! I am surprised to see what reactions several of you express from 1:1 car shows when you have brought RC-models. Tamiya Trucking i really taking off here in Sweden and we have been to a few 1:1 truck shows and our small 1:14 truck/lorries have always been very well received and much appreciated by visitors, other participants as well as those arranging the shows.

The car will be featured in various VW magazines worldwide anyways! We decided not to have any car featured with VW SPEED magazine any longer! We had approx. 30-35 featured cars from 2000 until today! The problem now is that they don´t have anyone from the aircooled scene anymore! They don´t know what they are missing out! Volksworld magazine is booked already!

There are various vintage car magazines and modell car mags we are in contact with also!

We like it!

Walter

Walter, are you going to get the front tyres grooved?

no! not possible!

e only have one set and believe me, it was a pain in the a.. to get them. Grooving doesn´t work because they are to thin! I was thinking abbout painting the grooves on but I will just leave them as they are and that is alright for me!

Wow!!! The sand scorcher is turning out spectacularly. I love it! And that porsche 934 freakin crazy cool!! Bug box, you do some fantastic work.

WE GOT SMOOTHIES!!! B):D:lol:

dyn008_original_1024_768_pjpeg_2558422_d4720e497063949de6d031544f003d6d.jpg

WE GOT NOSECONE!!! :lol:B):D

dyn002_original_1024_768_pjpeg_2558422_fc142602d21fe43991da95c08ec34cdc.jpg

If I was building that car I would paint the part insidet the wheels black, I mean you got chrome wheels and silver "drums" on the inside. I would paint them black

so the chrome wheels would stand out better... But thats me... I would go for black bults as well!!!

Anyway It looks killa!!!

Badboy

http://bugbox.skynetblogs.be/

No, Walter will not put the screws on the roof!

The silver drums are only spacers to prevent the powder coated hubs from being scratched!

3 days to go!

Walter

No, Walter will not put the screws on the roof!

Well then, I hope Walter will at least post up a parts list for us just in case any of us want to make one as well......