Sign in to follow this  
jstunner

More Fox Questions

I just got another Fox off of E-bay. It turns out is is missing a few parts...dissapointed it wasn't in the description...so this is going to turn into a restoration project.

The major part that it's missing is the servo parts from the D tree. How critical is this? Would I be able to use some of the spare parts from a rere hotshot or boomerang? I think I have a couple of extra servo savers...

I just got another Fox off of E-bay. It turns out is is missing a few parts...dissapointed it wasn't in the description...so this is going to turn into a restoration project.

The major part that it's missing is the servo parts from the D tree. How critical is this? Would I be able to use some of the spare parts from a rere hotshot or boomerang? I think I have a couple of extra servo savers...

If you're missing only part D5, one from a new hotshot should fit,but part D6 (fixing the servo saver)can not be used then.part D1 is necessary to fix the servo joint.

If you're missing only part D5, one from a new hotshot should fit,but part D6 (fixing the servo saver)can not be used then.part D1 is necessary to fix the servo joint.

Thanks for the information. I was afraid that was going to be the case. Luckily I was able to find a Fox D part tree on E-bay.

I have another question, what purpose does the metal clip thing that is labeled "tie rod guard"in the manual actually serve? The ones on this Fox are coroded a bit. I could easily clean them up, but they seem like a useless part.

I have another question, what purpose does the metal clip thing that is labeled "tie rod guard"in the manual actually serve? The ones on this Fox are coroded a bit. I could easily clean them up, but they seem like a useless part.

Not a useless part. They prevent the tie rod and steering knuckle from turning inside out, in effect jamming the steering one direction. These are replaced when you fit the swaybar set which I highly recommend as this should have been a kit part and not a hopup.

Not a useless part. They prevent the tie rod and steering knuckle from turning inside out, in effect jamming the steering one direction. These are replaced when you fit the swaybar set which I highly recommend as this should have been a kit part and not a hopup.

Yes, That is exactly what happens :mellow: As yours, my fox did not come with those "bumpers" I just bought the fox front stabilizer, It was a cheap upgrade and it came with them...

This restoration project is coming along. However, I am wondering if there are other wheels that can fit on the Fox? Is there anything "modern" or readily available? Hopefully offered from Tower Hobbies? Ideally in white or chrome.

I'm afraid if I run the car with original tires and wheels they will crack.

Any modern Tamiya 2wd buggy front wheels will fit on, and replacing the wheel adapter with any touring car hex drive adapters will let you fit any modern 12mm hex drive rear buggy wheels from Tamiya. I would suggest the Astral Dish front rear or Star Dish front rear

Any modern Tamiya 2wd buggy front wheels will fit on, and replacing the wheel adapter with any touring car hex drive adapters will let you fit any modern 12mm hex drive rear buggy wheels from Tamiya. I would suggest the Astral Dish front rear or Star Dish front rear

Thanks terry for the recomendation. I just ordered the astral dishes...since they were in stock. There were no pictures, but aren't these the Desert Gator wheels? I have extra hex adaptors, but I tried some DF-03 wheels and they seem to bind on the rear arm...same with hot shot wheels...these won't bind?

Thanks again for your help.

The Astral Dish wheels are Desert Gator wheels.

I don't have a Fox to try them on, but the 2wd wheels have more offset to clear the rear suspension so should fit. The Star Dish wheels have even more offset.

Hey Jstunner

If you don't know already - the wild one wheels also fit the fox just fine - you may find a decent pair on ebay.

Going the newer 12mm hex route and a modern set of spikes is great too!

G