Sign in to follow this  
don_jarr

Illegal Copying Of My Parts

Hi all

It was recently brought to my attention by a customer of mine, that a certain person on this board is approaching people selling them my parts, saying he has permission to do so.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

This person does not have my permission, nor it seems is a rc truck enthusiast, he is just out to make a quick buck, by selling recasts of my stuff which are c**p from what I have seen so far.

I am still trying to trace this guy down and so far have two e-mail addresses being kryspenzi.67@interia.pl and offroader4x4@hotmail.com so if anyone has any info on him, and would like to pass it on, it would be much appreciated.

I currently only sell direct via my website or through my eBay shop, and if or when I do sell via a third party they will be listed in my website as an authorised dealer.

To be honest there is next to no profit in selling these parts, but I found nobody else did any when restoring my truck so set about making a range to go specifically on 1:10th scale trucks to add a bit of detail for those that weren't able to make bits themselves.

Many thanks

B) Don

Hi all

It was recently brought to my attention by a customer of mine, that a certain person on this board is approaching people selling them my parts, saying he has permission to do so.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

This person does not have my permission, nor it seems is a rc truck enthusiast, he is just out to make a quick buck, by selling recasts of my stuff which are c**p from what I have seen so far.

I am still trying to trace this guy down and so far have two e-mail addresses being kryspenzi.67@interia.pl and offroader4x4@hotmail.com so if anyone has any info on him, and would like to pass it on, it would be much appreciated.

I currently only sell direct via my website or through my eBay shop, and if or when I do sell via a third party they will be listed in my website as an authorised dealer.

To be honest there is next to no profit in selling these parts, but I found nobody else did any when restoring my truck so set about making a range to go specifically on 1:10th scale trucks to add a bit of detail for those that weren't able to make bits themselves.

Many thanks

B) Don

for those of us who dont know who you are(apologies for that) could you drop us a pm with a link to your shop? you might even get one or two sales out of it!!

cheers

Phil

Having checked out your ebay shop, I haven't seen any of those parts advertised here, so there's not a lot we can do about it I'm afraid.

Neither of those email addresses are registered with TC either, although now you posted them up, I guess he'll use another one anyway.

Link to Ebay shop

Did you get permission to copy the Tamiya head's you're selling?

Hi

I was more trying to trace where he is so I can check my postal receipts and find the buyer than bought them in the first place.

As for the tamiya head the end result after several calls to the US was, if I was making an exact injection moulded copy as per the original in two hollow halves, then no I couldn't do it, but as I wasn't doing it that way, I was casting a single piece, I was told it was a very gray.

I never got a definite yes or no, just told if your asked to stop making it comply, without argument.

Its like I make a lot of R2 D2 parts and Darth Lucas has addressed the r2 builders club and is fine with you making parts, as long as you don't make a profit on them, which is fair.

I do make a fuel cell for 1:10th cars and used to put a copy of the manufactory’s logo the fuel cell it was based on in as a decal so it would look authentic and received a letter one day asking if I would stop doing it. When I rung up to say sorry and I would stop doing it, I was told including the logo wasn’t a problem it was actually free advertisement for them, the problem was because I printed it myself, so go figure that one.

B) Don

I was more trying to trace where he is so I can check my postal receipts and find the buyer than bought them in the first place.

Sorry we can't help you then, unless someone's been approached to buy these parts privately and can offer any help?

There's a few people selling Blazer driver replicas, but have been doing for years now, so I don't think it's any of them

So what's with the Predator bits, full size costume replicas?

Well iv just looked at your ebay shop ,Very nice. Think i might have to get some myself . As for Illegal Copying , I take it you have copy rights on these bits you make . Myself , I don't think i would be making too much of a fuss. As like you say he or she is only making penny's. Let it go over you head . Very nice work tho.

Hi all

It’s not the money its more the fact this person is doing a **** poor job of making bits, open casting things that should be in a two part mould and leaving loads of air bubbles on stuff, which then gets associated back to me, and reflect on what people to believe is my level of work, when its nothing to do with me.

I also woke up to find just about all my parts removed from eBay as someone had reported them, as a listing violation, as eBay never check they just remove them, I’ve now got to sort that out. So I am guessing whoever copied them is still a member here or visits, as after selling stuff for several years within hours of posting here they are removed.

Some days it just not worth the hassle.

B) Don

But i don't understand. How can you accuse other people illegal copying your parts if some of your parts are "illegal" copying of Tamiya parts. :blink:

So I am guessing whoever copied them is still a member here or visits, as after selling stuff for several years within hours of posting here they are removed.

Best blame TC then :blink: maybe we should all stop visiting and posting on TC then?

Whilst i appreciate your problem,you are shooting yourself in the foot squire.

Wrong way to go about things IMHO.

Good luck.

But i don't understand. How can you accuse other people illegal copying you parts if some of your parts are "illegal" copying of Tamiya parts. :blink:

Are not only Tamiya repros, also his own parts.

From what he said its not just they are copying but more so copying them really badly and its getting back to him as being his parts so reflects

badly on him. Even though of course originally they are not his parts but tamiya's!

Lots of really cool scale parts for sure saved to my fav sellers for when needed!