kyoshofan223

Kyosho Vanning Tires/wheels?

I am looking for the size/specs on the Vanning tires and wheels. I'd like to buy some sort of adapter that would allow me to use more current combinations. I have one set of good knobbies, but I don't want to ruin them on the street. Any advice appreciated!

hi, see this post;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=vanning

and my showroom here: http://tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?c...76&sid=5484

I am looking for the size/specs on the Vanning tires and wheels. I'd like to buy some sort of adapter that would allow me to use more current combinations. I have one set of good knobbies, but I don't want to ruin them on the street. Any advice appreciated!

If you cant get the rims as shown by our man in Q8, or else where, your next best solution is to change the 4 stub axles and drive hexes. On close inspection, you will find your vanning wheel rims have hex hub drives, measuring, flat to flat, 11mm + a gnats whisker. The ally drive hex resides on a tapered stub axle. The vanning sub axles fit in bearings with internal diameter of 8mm. If your access to cnc or even steam powered lathe and mill equipment is limited, then your challenge will be to find modern stub axles, drive and wheel rim combination which fits. Please bear in mind any different wheel diameter (109mm) will result in very different acceleration / handling charateristics which may adversly effect your driving pleasure!! Please dont think I am trying to discourage you, i would love to cut sick with my vanning also, but its just much less stressful to grab cheap air with a modern stock hoboa!!!