Sign in to follow this  
RibTickler

Wild Dagger Code Name: C5

I'm a C5 Tetraplegic. Meaning i am paralysed from the neck down with some arm movement.

I use screwdrivers in me teeth and wrestle the pieces of car around the desk with the little arm and wrist function i have. Pick the screws or any metal up with magnetic screwdriver. Need the odd bit of help. Sawing and dremiling done in a vice on desk. Takes hours to do even the slightist thing. So please bear this in mind when you see my "C5" Wild Dagger

MODS SO FAR:

1. Metal bearing all round

2. 20T PINION GEAR

3. 4 X SP808 Tamiya TG10 Long Wheel Axle #50808

4. Ofna Rear Dogbones ( used all round ) #OFN17145

5. Schumacher 14mm screw on hex ( NEED TO DREMIL THE PIN SLOT TO 2MM ) #U2682

6. Multi Wheel Widener Adapter for TXT-1 Clod Maxx Savage ( needed to dremil inside edge to fit the Schumacher 14mm hex )

7. HPI Savage X M4x70mm Turnbuckles #93535 ( had to cut down to 64mm ish to fit )

8. KYOSHO 6.8MM Ball Ends (OFFSET TYPE) #IS053

9. Losi Steering Ball Set 6.8mm: 8B,8T #LOSA6050 (used screw on ones on servo saver )

10. KYOSHO 6.8MM BALL PIVOT MT114 ( on steering knuckles )

11. OFNA Heavy Duty Servo Saver w/CNC Top #10762

12. MG995 Tower Pro Servo

13. Shock towers from www.fibre-lyte.co.uk

14. Aluminium right angle bolted to chassis for extra shocks

15. 8 x Aluminium BIG BORE Shock Damper for T-Maxx 3.3 2.5 E-Maxx

16. 2 X HPI GT 550 14.4V MOTOR #1145

17. HPI GT Speed Controller 14.4V Dual Battery #309

18. Kitchen chop board to hold second battery in

19. 2 x 7.2v 4400 NIMH Batteries.

20. HPI SAVAGE XL FRONT AND REAR BUMPER + F/R/ SKIDPLATES

21. Made my own centre skid plate out of gavalanized metal with foam inset between chassis.

22. Made my own crude skids over arms out of a plastic bistuit tin.

23. Custom nylon unbreakable EL8 Rhino Bar Stinger.

24. Used the HPI front bumper lower down at the front for extra protection.

MAYBE FIT

25. Bigger wheels and tyres. What about these? HPI GT5 wheels with GT2 TIRES. They say the GT2 Tires are lightweight

I used a 2 channel stick controller with car gear knobs on top of the sticks on my laptray, but had to look down to see when my hands sliped off them. Hense crashing and knackering car. So I joined a PC joystick to the rc controller. I have several joystick in bits from making one I could hold on to for my PC games, but the potentiometer wouldn't work with the Acoms AP-202 I had. I couldn't find ( didn't know ) which ones to buy online. So bought 3 old transmitters off ebay for £5. Took them apart and found the potentiometer from an Acoms AP-227 MK2 fitted my Genius MaxFighter F-16U joystick. ( with a couple of washers and superglue and a bit of soldering by my Mum + Dad ) I cut the wires in the Acoms AP-202 between the potentiometer and circuit board. ( 3 wires from each potentiometer ) Then add some 3 pin fan wires from a computer to the ends. Male on the potentiometer, Female to the circuit board. These come out of the transmitter through holes made in it. You can then plug the 2 ends in and use the transmitter as normal. Or unplug then and plug in the Male 3 pin wires from the potentiometer on the joystick to the female wires on the transmitter for PC joystick control. I modded the joystick handle using the original bottom part of the joystick handle. The top half is replaced with 8mm threaded bar and 2 nuts. Pieces on tube steel covered in foam padding, and a piece of wood so I could "hold" onto it better. The wood on top jams against my hand when pulling back.

medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

WOW, seriously Im in awe chap, the time and effort it must take you to do all this and the mods to the transmitter shows some true ingenuity. Interesting mods to the truck with twin dampers I bet it takes some hammering.

I'm in awe of the joystick / controller combo! My two passions, PC games and RC cars, rolled into one gadget!

Truly excellent work :D

Mightly impressed; all those modifications shows commitment. Bet it's fun!

Hope you're Mum hasn't noticed her chopping board isn't in the kitchen any more. :D

All I can say is "wow". That truck must have taken a lot of work.

If you add larger tires, I would upgrade some of the suspension parts(steering knuckle, front and read uprights). The wheel wideners are good for stability, but add a little more stress to the uprights.

I checked out your site last night, inspirational, thanks,

Keep up the good work. ;) , I like your Floyd wheel disc. :D

I'm a C5 Tetraplegic. Meaning i am paralysed from the neck down with some arm movement.

I use screwdrivers in me teeth and wrestle the pieces of car around the desk with the little arm and wrist function i have. Pick the screws or any metal up with magnetic screwdriver. Need the odd bit of help. Sawing and dremiling done in a vice on desk. Takes hours to do even the slightist thing. So please bear this in mind when you see my "C5" Wild Dagger

MODS SO FAR:

1. Metal bearing all round

2. 20T PINION GEAR

3. 4 X SP808 Tamiya TG10 Long Wheel Axle #50808

4. Ofna Rear Dogbones ( used all round ) #OFN17145

5. Schumacher 14mm screw on hex ( NEED TO DREMIL THE PIN SLOT TO 2MM ) #U2682

6. Multi Wheel Widener Adapter for TXT-1 Clod Maxx Savage ( needed to dremil inside edge to fit the Schumacher 14mm hex )

7. HPI Savage X M4x70mm Turnbuckles #93535 ( had to cut down to 64mm ish to fit )

8. KYOSHO 6.8MM Ball Ends (OFFSET TYPE) #IS053

9. Losi Steering Ball Set 6.8mm: 8B,8T #LOSA6050 (used screw on ones on servo saver )

10. KYOSHO 6.8MM BALL PIVOT MT114 ( on steering knuckles )

11. OFNA Heavy Duty Servo Saver w/CNC Top #10762

12. MG995 Tower Pro Servo

13. Shock towers from www.fibre-lyte.co.uk

14. Aluminium right angle bolted to chassis for extra shocks

15. 8 x Aluminium BIG BORE Shock Damper for T-Maxx 3.3 2.5 E-Maxx

16. 2 X HPI GT 550 14.4V MOTOR #1145

17. HPI GT Speed Controller 14.4V Dual Battery #309

18. Kitchen chop board to hold second battery in

19. 2 x 7.2v 4400 NIMH Batteries.

20. HPI SAVAGE XL FRONT AND REAR BUMPER + F/R/ SKIDPLATES

21. Made my own centre skid plate out of gavalanized metal with foam inset between chassis.

22. Made my own crude skids over arms out of a plastic bistuit tin.

23. Custom nylon unbreakable EL8 Rhino Bar Stinger.

24. Used the HPI front bumper lower down at the front for extra protection.

MAYBE FIT

25. Bigger wheels and tyres. What about these? HPI GT5 wheels with GT2 TIRES. They say the GT2 Tires are lightweight

I used a 2 channel stick controller with car gear knobs on top of the sticks on my laptray, but had to look down to see when my hands sliped off them. Hense crashing and knackering car. So I joined a PC joystick to the rc controller. I have several joystick in bits from making one I could hold on to for my PC games, but the potentiometer wouldn't work with the Acoms AP-202 I had. I couldn't find ( didn't know ) which ones to buy online. So bought 3 old transmitters off ebay for £5. Took them apart and found the potentiometer from an Acoms AP-227 MK2 fitted my Genius MaxFighter F-16U joystick. ( with a couple of washers and superglue and a bit of soldering by my Mum + Dad ) I cut the wires in the Acoms AP-202 between the potentiometer and circuit board. ( 3 wires from each potentiometer ) Then add some 3 pin fan wires from a computer to the ends. Male on the potentiometer, Female to the circuit board. These come out of the transmitter through holes made in it. You can then plug the 2 ends in and use the transmitter as normal. Or unplug then and plug in the Male 3 pin wires from the potentiometer on the joystick to the female wires on the transmitter for PC joystick control. I modded the joystick handle using the original bottom part of the joystick handle. The top half is replaced with 8mm threaded bar and 2 nuts. Pieces on tube steel covered in foam padding, and a piece of wood so I could "hold" onto it better. The wood on top jams against my hand when pulling back.

medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Wow!! that's some great work mate!

I guess i can relate a little how much work and time this must have taken you as i was injured in a road racing accident and my right arm got paralysed from the sholder.

Keep up the great work :D

Amazing work and you are a true inspiration.

There are many able bodied people who don't have the skills shown here and I love the ingenuity in using what you have found and using parts from other cars rather than sticking to parts that just bolt on.

Just bought some HPI GT5 WHEELS and HPI GT2 TYRES.

All i can say is they're a bit bigger than i thought. And don't fit.

There on ebay now.

Going to try Traxxas 2.8 all-star black chrome with Talon tyres. #3669A

i love them traxxas black chrome wheels.

would really like to see some pics when fitted.bet it will look cool.

ben

That's really brilliant...

Neccesity is the mother of all invention...

i love them traxxas black chrome wheels.

would really like to see some pics when fitted.bet it will look cool.

ben

So got some Traxxas Talon Tires and All Star Black Chrome Wheels 3669A.

They are no bigger, height wize, than standard wheels and tyres, but slightly wider. Can always get some taller tyres later.

But I think you will agree, they do look good!

p020_1_14.pngp020_1_18.png

p020_1_20.pngp020_1_13.png

WOW well done matey that's an amazing achievement

I've only just found this post. I'm working on something a bit similar at the moment and i'll post some pics when it's done.

Have you had much chance to bash it about?

Hi there

Cool mods.......

Ive just got myself a dagger and want to pinch some of your ideas (If i may) because yours looks fantastic.

Im a newbie here and have a Clodbuster QD and now a Wild Dagger.

post-35998-1298409268_thumb.jpg

post-35998-1298409278_thumb.jpg