MikeT

Nitro Rc

3/4 of the fun with RC for me is building a kit!

Does anyone still produce Nitro Kits? Can't seem to find any!!!

Neither of which are very interesting to me unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, that 5b is immense, and i've seen a standard one of them being used as it should! Buy by the christ they're expensive eh?

Neither of which are very interesting to me unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, that 5b is immense, and i've seen a standard one of them being used as it should! Buy by the christ they're expensive eh?

IMO it's not that expensive if you consider it's 1/5th scale and has a lot of upgrades already included. It runs on gasoline too so it's much cheaper than Nitro. All you need is basic electronics as the engine and large steering servo are already included in the kit. Personally I'd rather spend a little more for the HPI 5B SS than something like the TRF 801X since the WOW factor of a big 1/5th scale buggy is unmatched. The 5B also looks very cool, kinda like a big SRB. The aftermarket for the 5B is immense too. It only costs $200 more than the 1/8th scale 801X.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXXHJ4&P=0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXTCV2&P=0

surely u jest... Baja5B is nowhere alike an SRB... It's a giant Kyosho Ultima + noisier!

Great value for $$ as it includes engine & servo, all you need to add is radiogear.

All the competition grade cars and truck are sold as kits, they are abit more expensive but higher performance and higher grade parts....

badword, i don't want a 5b. Yes they're awesome, but not very practical to just pull out after work one day to run a quick tank through eh?

Before i got out of the hobby a few years back, i bought a HPI Nitro RS42, that was a propper kit, 3 belt drivetrain, oil dampers, engine included, just add radio gear!

I don't see anything like this now, if it's a Kit ( Save the ones mentioned above ) you need to add Engine, Tyres/Wheels and a Bodyshell!

Why does nobody make em now, all the bits in the box where you can build it then bash it?!

5B is great if you have the space to run them & deaf neighbours. :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised how many ppl keep them in the boot of their cars to play anytime; less maintenance than nitro usually.

All the competition grade cars and truck are sold as kits, they are abit more expensive but higher performance and higher grade parts....

not "all" now... RACE ROLLERs now getting popular - just add engine & radio

also growing are BIND-n-RACE cars that come complete RTR except transmitter, just bind to your spektrum & go

badword, i don't want a 5b. Yes they're awesome, but not very practical to just pull out after work one day to run a quick tank through eh?

Before i got out of the hobby a few years back, i bought a HPI Nitro RS42, that was a propper kit, 3 belt drivetrain, oil dampers, engine included, just add radio gear!

I don't see anything like this now, if it's a Kit ( Save the ones mentioned above ) you need to add Engine, Tyres/Wheels and a Bodyshell!

Why does nobody make em now, all the bits in the box where you can build it then bash it?!

Since most of the kits are competition level vehicles 99% of the buyers will have their own preference of engines/tires. Adding those will bring up the cost of the kit for no reason since they won't be used.

If you want kits I would look into Japanese/Asia only models. They still make some nitro kits that includes everything.

Neither of which are very interesting to me unfortunately...

So what are you looking for? Being an Associated fan, I believe their entire nitro line is available in kit form.