Sign in to follow this  
beetlebanger1

Sitting At The Table !

ok we now know that the re/re holy grail is on the way ................ if for some reason you were sitting in the board room when it was announched of this would you have put your hand up and have said " any chance we could make some ""upgrades"" or a seperate division for "performance parts " as i used to own one of these years ago when i was a kid and i did "this" to make it "better".

do you see where im coming from

i can see it now advertised in the local papers around the world " WANTED CHIEF ENGINENEER / TEST DRIVER FOR NEW TAMIYA "SAND SCORCHER "... MUSTVE OWNED PREVIOUS SCORCHERS AND HAVE A PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE MODIFICATION FROM OLD TO NEW ......... (ANY PERSON LESS THAN 30 YRS OLD NEED NOT A APPLY)............. PLUS MUST BE A COMPLETE NUT ABOUT THESE CARS AND BE ABLE TO REBUILD A CAR BLIND FOLDED WHILE AT THE RACE TRACK WITH JUST 2 SCREW DRIVERS AND THE "TAMIYA"WRENCH IN UNDER 45 MINS

god ive just sat here and read that and thought i could start my own army with you lot !!! .................

PRIVATE 58016 reporting for duty " SEARGENT " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. (ANY PERSON LESS THAN 30 YRS OLD NEED NOT A APPLY).

Was it only in the 80s people modified them eh?

. (ANY PERSON LESS THAN 30 YRS OLD NEED NOT A APPLY).

Was it only in the 80s people modified them eh?

no but its when it was born..... you get some thing ........ then think i can make this better.................. then modify it .................. then when it gets re released and your sitting at the table and so 1 asks "any 1 got any ideas to make it a bit better ??? " ...................... your hand goes up .................. are you still with me on this

and the (ANY PERSON LESS THAN 30 YRS OLD NEED NOT A APPLY). ............... its a joke !

I'm only 19, but my last SRB ( When i was just 17 ) had,

Coilovers from CRP on the front

CRP ( I THINK? ) Lower gearbox skid plate

Tamiya oil filled rear Low Friction Dampers

Twinset Chassis

Lexan radio tray ( to save my original )

Jakes' Ball diff

Metal centre gear

hardened front axle shafts

ball raced

baja shell

So yeah, it's not hard to see where they need improvements to make a good runner

I knew it's a joke btw, just mentionin it's not JUST the Oldies that love their SRBs :D