Sign in to follow this  
mr haggis

Delta Pro Peak Charger Problems?

Hi guys, having problems with my charger and its only just over a year old?

It wont charge when I press the START button and yes the fuse is intact.

Its the one with the two lights, red, green, trickle, fast.

Means I cant play with my Keen Hawk in the snow......boo hoo :)

Have there been any faults with them as the supplier I purchased it from aint selling them anymore??

is your battery too dead for it to start fastcharging?

have you tried charging a different pack?

any if the lights on charger on at all?

or is it showing no life at all

... etc etc

check the wires that clip in at the front - I find the speaker type clips aren't that great after a period of time and the wires might be a bit loose. You might want to take them out, cut the ends off, strip them back again and try that.

what lights are on and what exactly happens when you turn it on/try to charge?

Ok guys, when I first switch the charger on at the wall socket the red light blinks as it should do.

Once the battery is connected it still blinks and when I press the start button it still just blinks?

No green trickle light or both green and red fast charge light??

I was just wondering if you might borrow a battery pack from a friend to test whether it is your battery or the charger? If a known good pack won't charge, then its the charger or the connection b/w the pack and charger.

Start by checking your connections - both at the charger and on your battery pack. The metal "prongs" inside standard Tamiya connectors are easily bent so they don't make a good connection and you can just as easily bend them back into shape. Check to see that it isn't something this simple first before buying a new battery [although if you only have one battery you should probably go buy another anyway!]

As Mooter said, it may also be the connection at the charger. Easy to check and fix if the connection is poor.

It is possible for a charger to go defective. Its not terribly common, but it could happen. Batteries and connectors on the other hand ... well, let's just say I won't be surprised to find your battery went kaputt.