Sign in to follow this  
clabby

Well I Gave Into Temptation

well i was getting a few bits for my ta and i seen the xb mo3 mini and i decided i had to have it so now i have a big smaile on my face and a new toy to play with and the missis is not happy lol what mods is there i can do to make it better?

bearings (or ball races lol)

oil shocks

ball diff

motor

i recently built my first m03 mini, all i did so far was add bearings and an ez run 9t brushless set up and some lipo's, it's insane.

it's also the most fun i have had with a r/c in a long time, great little cars for sure!

The m-03 doesn't need a lot really. Ball bearings are a must though. I think Kaiser nailed the possible universe of upgrades that will make any difference at all. For a motor I highly recommend the Acto M chassis motor. It reduces the wheel spin that destroys front tires so easily on this FWD chassis. Anything hotter than a sport tuned motor and its virtually impossible to lay down the power - you just destroy the front tires.

*notes down* ...tyyyrreesss :(

Nice buy Clabby!

My list so far has all the above, but also universals and 4 spoke alloys (after seeing the price of the alloys, *crosses off list*)

and you dont need the universals? :edit: I believe the track guys are using steel pinions? Are they necessary?

Here was my List:

RCbearings M03 kit

Manta Ray Ball diff #53070

Alloy oil filled dampers #53155 (x2)

DynaRun RS #53272

Universals #53205

Aluminium 4 spoke #53249

2ch Radio set

I believe you can also use a TA05 (?) diff and 3 racing or yeah racing probably make cheaper dampers?

Cant wait to build it, (Missus has left the box in plain sight to tease me) heard heaps of people say they are bags of fun :D

Congrats on getting a Mini, I'd recommend the TA03 ball diff over the Manta Ray one, it's higher quality.

Honestly, I think the inexpensive oil shocks work on the m-03 just as well as the expensive ones. Let's be honest - the maximum travel is extremely small.

Steel pinions are an absolute necessity for each and every Tamiya model you own, build, run, desire, covet, see or send to Santa Claus on your wish list. What I'm trying to say is that stock Tamiya pinions are total rubbish and should only be used with a sling-shot to silence the neighbor's stupid cats. It is perfectly acceptable to stop total strangers you see in the park with new Tamiya models and remind them to change the alloy pinion gear out immediately. Friends don't let friends drive with Tamiya alloy pinions.

Friends don't let friends drive with Tamiya alloy pinions.

Hit the nail on the head there... Love it!

Tamiya will wake up one day and stop using soft butter alloy gears anywhere in their models. One can only pray...

well i slapped a 21t venom motor in and as said above my front tires are bold :lol: i have replaced the ally pinion to a steel one and ball raced it and santa is bringin me lots of wheels and a new shell and some yeah racing shocks as i want it on the track for new years i cant belive how much fun it is and how easy it is to get the ******* end to slide with a little oposit flick into corners and how well it handles by far the best rc car i have had yet

So where can one acquire these prestigious steel pinions? I could do with some for my other cars too :o

So where can one acquire these prestigious steel pinions? I could do with some for my other cars too :o

i got mine from my local model shop

You may have to use eBay Berman, that's the only place I can get metric sized steel pinions on this side of the globe. Search for the part number, for 0.6mm module: RRP1119 is 19T, RRP1120 is 20T, RRP1121 is 21T. Thier numbering system is pretty easy to follow for Robinson Racing pinions.