motobelgium

Rcmart / Dinball

Hi,

I wanted to share with you a very bad experience I just had with RcMart.

This was my 3rd order, the 2 previous went fine, that's why I was confident to order again even if I could read in some other forums people having bad experience with them.

So, the story:

Early October I ordered some 3racing and Tamiya hopups for my M-05 Pro chassis.

After 3-4 weeks, I got a mail from them saying that my parcel was back in Honkong due to "wrong delivery address". I was suprised to read this knowing that they already delivered twice successfuly. So I checked my order on their site and..... ouch, indeed the address is wrong. So I change it, save it and... in my mind there is a little voice saying "you double-checked your address before confirming the order". So I logged off and re-log in and ... I found the bug. THEIR SITE IS NOT STORING my postal code. It keeps the previous one provided. So I checked previous delivery addresses and they are all bugged.

So I mentionned that to them by mail and asked how can we solve the delivery because it is an automated process at their site and I do not want to confirm the wrong stored address.... no answer for almost 2 weeks.

So I sent back a mail explaining the bug and the issue it causes and my correct address. Their answer is amazing:

We regret to inform you that your order (xxxxxxxxxxx) was returned to our Hong Kong Office. We will send you again, but you will expect some

additional charge for doing it. Please confirm your shipping address:

To: Lxx Bxxxxx <My Street> <my commune>, <the wrong postal code> Belgium

Remark:

Customer should pay for the resend shipping cost if it is due to: * the incorrect address provided by customer, or * returned shipping for any

reasons. If you want us to re-ship the parcel, please send us $22.72 USD to our paypal account (payment@rcmart.com) If you do not want it

anymore, we can transfer the item value USD$96.10 to you as store credit. Looking forwards to hearing from you soon...!

My order was 114US$ (12US$ shipping fee included) and there is in any order an additional & non recoverable charge for unknown reason.

I have the impression they did not read my explanations.

I found shocking to have to re-pay even if RCMART made a mistake! And twice the initial shipping cost !

Why are they saying "if it is due to" because to ask to resend, you have to go through a payment system anyway?

So take care when you order at RCMART.

For my part, as they do not seem to admit they have a problem with their ordering process and do not will to solve it, I will never place order at RCMART anymore but will order directly at 3racing their parts.

Never had a bad experience from Rcmart myself .

I have ordered lots of items from them in the past without a hiccup they always keep me informed of my orders placed .

Sorry to read of your experience with them hope it gets sorted.

Hi Chaps,

Here is the end of the story.

Finally they never admitted they could have a bug. They even re-sent me a mail saying that they will re-ship my parcel (to the still wrong stored address) if I pay the extra charge for it, after I said I wanted to be refunded and they agree with this.

So on January 6th they said they will refund me.... I had to warn them to submit a dispute at Paypal and included ebay to get my money (minus shipping, minus paypal charges) in March.

Browsing several forums, I saw it didn't happen only with me.

I am happy now, I found rc-mushroom who sells cheap too and no issue with them until now.

Cheers,

Luc

I just received my first ever order from Dinball - excellent comms ,and swift delivery - I can't complain

Well i have been getting bits , Of them for five years now . One thing went missing , But i got a refund . I will keep getting bits of them , Fair price ,and good too deal with !

Its a shame you had a raw deal from them sound like they have an automated process which is not so good. I have to say they have always been great with me but I have not had the change of address issued to deal with. Id still be inclined to deal with them as of all the people I have dealt with they have been one of the best.

if i had a problem like that, i guess i might think differently. but so far it has been very good. just love the postal system which 'benefits' us here in the UK. they do have lots of spares, screws and bolts for my TRF cars which is not available elsewhere. they are cheaper even after you account for the additional charges that you have to pay + postage.

i did have an occasion when they sent me a wrong item, the last 2 digits was reversed. i gave them a call, it is actually a UK line number and so i only had to pay local charges and they just send out the replacement item with no extra charges, which should be the way. i did not have to return the wrong item as the postage would have cost them more than the value of the item itself.

so let me get this right, their system do not allow you to change your address? but if you use paypal, the postal address is retrieved from the paypal site is it not? from what the OP mentioned, it seems they have a record of your address even if you pay by paypal ...

i've never had an issue with them, but their communication is slow at best.

i rarely recieve an answer to a question, or a tracking #.

but i always get my goods.

I just recieved my order today from Dinball of 5 NIP Ball diff sets free postage (with tracking) it was posted on the 18th of June so there dosent appear to be a problem with them posting items and the mail system seems to be okay as well.

Stuart.

Well i have had dealing with dinball , For years now . Well i ordered some thing up from ebay Tuesday night ,Payed for it . Got a email Wednesday saying it had been posted. Then this morning , Got another email saying that they are out of stock. But the add on ebay is saying they Still have 4 left . OK i will get a refund . But if they are out of stock . Why do they not take the add of ebay . This the first problem i have ever had with dinball. Hopefully the last .

Quite simply if they took it out of ebay they need to pay to re-list it, so by leaving it in they dont pay, however they would pay is someone bought the item and then refused to cancel transsaction, silly really but there you go.

Never had a bad experience from Rcmart myself .

I have ordered lots of items from them in the past without a hiccup they always keep me informed of my orders placed .

Sorry to read of your experience with them hope it gets sorted.

hi

never again after most orders :( (+20)

one of my favorites ebayer's