Live Steam Mad

Kyosho Official Vintage Promotional Video Tapes

Hi, I am looking for anyone who has the Kyosho Official Vintage Videotapes as shown here in the 1984 Japanese Kyosho Mini Catalog ;-

http://www.retromodelisme.com/scan_pages/1...sho-page-2.html

...they are in VHS format , and must at least contain a video of Progress I assume, since Progress is pictured with the tapes...

Surely someone must have a copy of these? :huh:

Since I put the RC10 Winning Edge video up and a few others, can someone please be kind and upload their tapes of this one for me if you have them? Use Youtube, and use AVIDEMUX to convert them, choose MPEG-PS A&V, audio = AAC codec , change the rate to 160 Kbps , change filters / audio mixer to stereo, don't change the sampling rate, don't manually alter the gain unless it's really low, and for the video choose MPEG4 AVC, constant bitrate of 2Mbps, use filters / interlacing / libavcodec deinterlacer, top field first for NTSC, resize to 640 x 480 so HQ is activated in youtube, chop it on the timeline into 9m59 second chunks, and upload!

Or maybe someone would like to swap DVD's with me on this, I have some few RC buggy and 1980's Monster Truck videos etc., then I could upload it for everyone to enjoy.

I ask since I have got just about watchable versions of Gallop MK2 , Optima , Pegasus , and Turbo Scorpion promotional videos , but I have never seen videos for Scorpion , Progress , Gallop , Icarus , etc..

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

As our friend bakaguyjean mentions here http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=355877 , the videos tapes are ;-

VTR N01 Kyosho products general 30 minutes
VTR N02 Fantom and Tomahawk setting guide 30minutes
VTR N03 Land Jump and Circuit 20 setting guide 20 minutes
VTR N04 Plazma and Fanthom racing world video 30 minnutes
VTR N05 Progress and Tomahawk 20 minutes

SO there was a promotional video for Progress and also one for Tomahawk, that's way cool.

I'd so love to get my hands on those :wub:

Picture below. I don't know if there was ever an English version of these tapes. I suspect that these are in Japanese language audio track only. Would still be very interesting to see!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1263141116_thumb.jpg

Ill check through my collection - have a tonne of VHS and other tapes etc from various manufacturers, but not sure I have these videos you mention.

Its all a matter of time...... ie: I dont have enough of it!

Cheers

Darryn

Ill check through my collection - have a tonne of VHS and other tapes etc from various manufacturers, but not sure I have these videos you mention.

Its all a matter of time...... ie: I dont have enough of it!

Cheers

Darryn

Hi Darryn,

I would REALLY appreciate to hear if you have these tapes. BTW I have all manner of multistandard equipment and can do things to professional broadcast quality, plus the technical knowledge to do it. So I can put anything on DVD with no loss of quality, if wanted. Maybe we could swap DVD-R's or something. Anyway I am quite happy to pay you for the privalege of getting these items.

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

Hi all,

Tape No. 5 is now on youtube, showing Progress 4wdS and Tomahawk,

enjoy the old days buggies.

bye

Hi, I am looking for anyone who has the Kyosho Official Vintage Videotapes as shown here in the 1984 Japanese Kyosho Mini Catalog ;-

http://www.retromodelisme.com/scan_pages/1...sho-page-2.html

...they are in VHS format , and must at least contain a video of Progress I assume, since Progress is pictured with the tapes...

Surely someone must have a copy of these? :huh:

Since I put the RC10 Winning Edge video up and a few others, can someone please be kind and upload their tapes of this one for me if you have them? Use Youtube, and use AVIDEMUX to convert them, choose MPEG-PS A&V, audio = AAC codec , change the rate to 160 Kbps , change filters / audio mixer to stereo, don't change the sampling rate, don't manually alter the gain unless it's really low, and for the video choose MPEG4 AVC, constant bitrate of 2Mbps, use filters / interlacing / libavcodec deinterlacer, top field first for NTSC, resize to 640 x 480 so HQ is activated in youtube, chop it on the timeline into 9m59 second chunks, and upload!

Or maybe someone would like to swap DVD's with me on this, I have some few RC buggy and 1980's Monster Truck videos etc., then I could upload it for everyone to enjoy.

I ask since I have got just about watchable versions of Gallop MK2 , Optima , Pegasus , and Turbo Scorpion promotional videos , but I have never seen videos for Scorpion , Progress , Gallop , Icarus , etc..

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

Hi all,

Tape No. 5 is now on youtube, showing Progress 4wdS and Tomahawk,

enjoy the old days buggies.

bye

VERY AWESOME. Had a good look at them over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for the uploads INTEGRA FAN!

Here is a scan from my Kyosho 1986 Full Catalog (page 244) that I acquired some time back, featuring tapes 5 to 10. It says that they were available in VHS and Betamax format. Beta would be the better format. I would buy a Betamax machine just to get the tape to play! BTW if anyone by some miracle finds any decent RC related stuff on a BETACAM tape, that's a professional system so don't just throw the tape away because it doesn't play on a Betamax machine! There are plenty of places which can convert BETACAM / SP stuff. You can even get the machines on Ebay cheap sometimes.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1297039546_thumb.jpg