Sign in to follow this  
Jbo6543

Vlb--widening The Stance Like A Truggy?

Hey guys,

been a while since I've been on here, as I'm pretty happy with the mods I've made for my VLB thus far.

I have a question about widdening the stance to that of a truggy.

How do I go about doing it?

Has anyone here done it? If so can you please add a link to your page or thread, I'd love to see it.

Are there after market parts to accomodate widening the set-up, or can I use arms from a different chasis?

Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

happy new year to all!!!!!

I attempted something like this roughly 20 years ago but to no avail. The Grasshopper 2 used wider front arms than the Lunch Box and they slip right in but... the shock mounts deeper in the arm as I remember which means it won't work with the LB's nearly vertical shocks without binding on compression. Furthermore, I'm not really aware of a method to widen the truck's rear axle assembly either. Nothings impossible but in this case it would take some real inventive fabrication.

why bother? any wider and Lunchbox would be wider than it's long... that ain't gunna help handling

how about put a new chassis under that shell... say a WR02 (aka Wild Willy 2)... you'll get independent suspension all corners & you can put TL01B arms on to make it wider