Amnes

Introduction - 300zx Fan.

Hello everyone. My name is Maciek, I'm from Poland and I'm a great fan of Datsun/Nissan Z series especially 300zx z32 and 240z cars. My collection renges from 1:10scale up to 1:10 ofcourse. The missing link is 1:1 scale, but believe me I won't overlook that one when time comes. So far I have a beat up TA02W #144 and group C #91 300zx IMSA. I Plan on restoring the TA02, it just needs ball bearings and an esc to become fully operational. I'm really well educated at painting various surfaces due to modeling experience. So far I can't decide wether to build the group c. I personally believe cars are meant to be driven, but when one comes across such a fine piece of history it makes your hands tremble when holding it so I'm pretty torn up right now.

I also recently came across two sets of new vintage wheels and believe me I paid 9 euros for both sets! Now that's what I call a bargain.

BTW I bought the C group to scan the decals :angry: At least that's how I explain it to my brains rational part. Poland doesn't have many vintage geesk and I might be one of the first to make an outcome. I also like vintage audio so that makes me a complete vintage whore.

Anyway some pics. I will add better ones some time later.

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

the silver body is a ABC Hobby shell.

DSCN3146.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

The TA02w is partially stripped of most decals at the moment. I plan on polishing out all the scratches with automotive machine polish, stripping the paint from the inside, applying a fresh coat and redecaling it with original or repro decals depending on the cost. I must get decent steering equipment, servos, new wheels and I'm good to go. I guess the cracks are not going away, so I'll just have to live with them. Not everyone must run an xray equipped with 3,5tbrushless system am I right? That's what I tell my mates at the hobbyshop I work at. Wonder why I revitalised my RC passion lately? Anyone?

Cheerz, I'll be updating anything here.

Hi Maciek nice work your doing there i love that car and would love to own one still i will keep looking .If it were mine i would make it a shelf queen and stare at it every day. Have you ever worked in England as i worked with a Maciek in Southport my local town about 5 years ago is it you ?

No mate, I havn't ever been to the UK. When it comes to cars I think they should be driven. Shelfs are good for highly detailed model cars, rc's are meant to be raced. I'd never race around with such a rare mint car against others to not trash it. But rolling it around and showing off at rc meets seems like fun. It's a hobby like any else - it's not supposed to generate income :(. I think I'll build it after all. Just maybe not yet.

those 4 53108 wheels in your top pic, would you like to swap them for a fitted but unused set of f + r 2 piece meshies for your TA02W?? :(

rather not. I plan to get a set of rims f+r for these inserts in chrome to fit my street 300zx setup ta02. CheerZ

I found 4 pairs of those 53108 in one of my boxes when clearing up earlier in the week!, they are getting very rare now!

I found 4 pairs of those 53108 in one of my boxes when clearing up earlier in the week!, they are getting very rare now!

Spamiyoman!

I'm still alive. I bought a TA02W, partly built from a mamber. I'm just finishing it up. It has full original ball bearings, hardened shaft, light kingpins, one way, rear stabilizer. I smacked on rear yeah racing uprights, team orion 6,5t, and novak ESC. So far so good. BTW just a little heads up, if you ever decide to use the 300zx wheels before screwing them together pour a bit of epoxy glue into the screw holes, as the wheels will crack despite how careful you are torqueing the screws down. That way even if they break during assembly, the epoxy will hold them together and enable you to race them.

New stuff, spares:

image003-1.jpg

ABC hobby body before:

image002-1.jpg

After gluing down the peeling stickers:

image004-1.jpg

image009-1.jpg

image006-1.jpg

image010-1.jpg

Chassis:

image012-1.jpg

image014.jpg

image014.jpg

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

image019.jpg

Boxes:

image021.jpg

Old chassis, awaiting cleaning and slight repairs, plus 2x12 engine and novak cyclone esc:

image020.jpg

I have blue and white tamiya paints, still need to get ahold of the red to paint a beautifull shiny IMSA body.

Cheers from Poland.

Greetings from the Czech Republic, Ostrava, just on the border of Poland (I am perhaps 10-20km as the crow flies, if that!)

I have a bunch of 300ZXs, I guess there are enough to go around! I even have one signed by Steve Millen.

P.

I couldn't say, but it is a few :lol: Tricky to keep tabs on my showroom, it is a little out of control.

P.

I see, you're one of those hardcore collectors, that even have a bag of frozen snow from 10 yrs ago in the freezer and autumn leaves dating from 1997:D Right?

my mate is into z cars here are a few of his he also has 240/260s i will get some pics. he will have a fit when i show him this thread lol

when i met him he was only into rc boats and me into cars but now i also have boats and he has about ten cars all bought through my ebay as he doesnt have net access :lol:

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Nice, i think the blue paint on your mates bodies is too dark. BTW might you know weather his ta02 300zx's have a slightly dented rooftop? Both of mine have, it looks like something heated it up from the inside causing it to sag outwards. I hope my language is understandable.

Nice, i think the blue paint on your mates bodies is too dark. BTW might you know weather his ta02 300zx's have a slightly dented rooftop? Both of mine have, it looks like something heated it up from the inside causing it to sag outwards. I hope my language is understandable.

your english is fine :lol: the blue does look dark in pics as i took them at night under artifitial light and on my mobile fone so not great quality! i will try and get some better pics sometime. i will also ask him about the roof thing.

Some good looking machines there, i tend to only be into off roaders, but they have made me think it`s time to add an on roader

answer to your question about the roofs yes his are the same as you describe. :)