skip665

Absolute Top Rate Service From Stellamodels!

I bought a Globeliner and MFU from Stellamodels in October 2009 - waited until my birthday at the beginning of November to build it - really enjoyed the build but to my dismay there appeared to be a strange fault with the MFU unit. It would work for about 5 minutes using all the functions all of a sudden the sound stopped and all the lights went out. The steering and gearchange servos still worked but nothing else at all. The switch box red light was flashing when I looked at it. Switching the MFU off and on again would allow me to use the truck for another 30 seconds before it did the same thing again. I tried making sure that there is no interference from the receiver and the MFU was well away from the motors etc. I even swapped my Acoms 40FM set for my Spektrum DX6i and this made no difference at all. Speaking to friends who have MFU units the problem is not the same as when the unit "thermals" so my only conclusion was that there must be a fault.

I contacted Stellamodels (and to be honest with them being in Hong Kong and me being in the UK I wasn't expecting much) and they kindly offered me to return the unit for inspection. They received it and could not find a problem with it - from the correspondence I had with them they thoroughly tested it in multiple trucks using different batteries etc - much the same as I had done - the only difference being that they had no problems with it at all!

In the end they kindly offered to send me a new MFU unit and even refunded the postage I paid to send it back to them in the first place! They even upgraded the post to EMS rather than snailmail at no extra cost (I bought a Flatbed Trailer at the same time) so I received it all back to me on Christmas Eve :wacko: The new unit works perfectly so there was definitely some sort of fault with the old one - I cant praise Stella Models enough for the service throughout.

If anyone is worried about buying from Hong Kong - dont be - use someone trustworthy like this and you are well covered - thank you Stellamodels! :angry: