Bjoern

"armor All" Plastic Parts (not Tires)

Hi,

I'm building a shelf queen and I want to use Armor-all (low-gloss) for the plastic parts (to protect them). What do you think about this? Is Armor-all a good product for the Tamiya plastic parts?

I have read that it is not suitable for tires. Unfortunately, I have used "Armor-all" for the tires (Top Force), but they do not look bad.

The "german ArmorAll" looks a little bit different to the "US-Version": http://www.armorall.eu/de/ProduktefrdieInnenpflege9.html

Regards

Bjoern

Armor All contains petroleum products. I would not use it on any plastics or rubber. I certainly would not use it on my 1:1 car or my models. From my experience with Armor All after repeated use it degrades the plastics badly and makes them brittle.

There are better non-petroleum based plastic/rubber rejuvenators on the market.

i use simple green ....seems to work good...

Be advised if anyone reading this is in UK, that Simple Green's formulation is different in USA than UK, I was told that by Simple Green UK themselves. Didn't stop me getting some of the UK version. I haven't tried it on anything yet LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

Simple Green is fine for cleaning rubber & plastic. It's the #1 recommended cleaner for plastic stuff...

As far as treating plastic, the best thing I've EVER found was Aerospace 303. It's expensive, but does wonders for plastics. Brought the dull chalky plastic on my 2003 Honda Elements plastic right back to life and lasted about 6 months in the searing Vegas sun (now the car is just dirty). I can't recommend the stuff enough. I had tried a few different products on this vehicle and that was the only thing that looked like a natural plastic shine. Plus it lasts so long it's rediculous. I've since applied it to all my RC shelf cars. The bonus is that it's also great for rubber and leather, so that has your tires covered as well. Do some research on the stuff, and you'll find out it's amazing...

303-aerospace-protectant-lg.jpg

Simple Green is fine for cleaning rubber & plastic. It's the #1 recommended cleaner for plastic stuff...

As far as treating plastic, the best thing I've EVER found was Aerospace 303. It's expensive, but does wonders for plastics. Brought the dull chalky plastic on my 2003 Honda Elements plastic right back to life and lasted about 6 months in the searing Vegas sun (now the car is just dirty). I can't recommend the stuff enough. I had tried a few different products on this vehicle and that was the only thing that looked like a natural plastic shine. Plus it lasts so long it's rediculous. I've since applied it to all my RC shelf cars. The bonus is that it's also great for rubber and leather, so that has your tires covered as well. Do some research on the stuff, and you'll find out it's amazing...

I can vouch for the Aerospace 303 products. They are the only product I will use in/on my 1:1 cars. Very resistant to sun fade and stops plastics from drying out or going brittle. Great protection from the Aussie Outback sun.

Not having any shelf models, I haven't tried it on an RC yet so can't comment on how it works there.