rcjunkie3000

The Kyosho Optima Tire Thread Q&a

Truly awe-inspiring. I love the picture of the Optima sitting on a mountain of tires! If you aren't already on the other site, there is more activity over there on the Kyosho section than here.

Hi Mugenbulldog, the picture was done at my table, just the day before start selling them on ebay. What other site you refer? i know kyoshoforum, but it has little activity. do you refer to other site?

please tell me so I can visit it too!!

Thank you

Hi Mugenbulldog, the picture was done at my table, just the day before start selling them on ebay. What other site you refer? i know kyoshoforum, but it has little activity. do you refer to other site?

please tell me so I can visit it too!!

Thank you

Did the original Ultima use the OT-66 (Turbo Optima tire) in the back?

Did the original Ultima use the OT-66 (Turbo Optima tire) in the back?

Yes they were OT-66 rear Tyres for Ultima Rears, turbo Ultima used W5032 and other models used these and other tyres too.

P.S. im looking forward to the day that i see a table full of other repro items ;-)

I've been having the hardest time trying to locate the rear Kyosho Square Block Tyres for the Turbo Optima Mid Special, mainly the rears; W-5031. I located the front W-5034 a few months ago but the W-5031 are elusive. I purchased a sort-of-new-build TOMS. It didnt come with the 2 sets of wheels/tires and body/wing; it did have the original undertray. I will be using a repro body and decals that I purchased a few years ago.

Besides the TOMS was there any other Kyosho buggy that used the W-5031 tires?

Any chance someone is planning to reproduce these? :)

I've raising this thread from the dead :ph34r::lol:

I have a few Kyosho projects on deck and it seems like the Kyosho tire situation is way messier than Tamiya.

One thing specifically, does anyone know where I can find a new pair of Mud Star rear Pegasus tires?

I've raising this thread from the dead :ph34r::lol:

I have a few Kyosho projects on deck and it seems like the Kyosho tire situation is way messier than Tamiya.

One thing specifically, does anyone know where I can find a new pair of Mud Star rear Pegasus tires?

I tihnk it involves deciphering an ancient map, fighting a dragon, and bribing the elven guards at a warehouse somehwere in Uzbekistan...

Seriously, if you find a cache somehwere, let me know. I have NIP fronts, but I've never seen rears. Worse, nothing else quite works with those rims, at least not that I've found.

• Like 1

I tihnk it involves deciphering an ancient map, fighting a dragon, and bribing the elven guards at a warehouse somehwere in Uzbekistan...

Seriously, if you find a cache somehwere, let me know. I have NIP fronts, but I've never seen rears. Worse, nothing else quite works with those rims, at least not that I've found.

Well, well... hey Mark. What if I told you I've located TWO places selling NIP Mud Star tires, in stock...? There is a slight difference in price: $60 vs $20 /pair. THE CATCH is that in order to get the better deal we may need to enlist the help of a TCer friend who lives closer to that store. :ph34r:

I will investigate!

Careful Matthew - <<<<<<< I don't have two T's in my name , i had a poor family & couldn't afford two :P:lol: >>>>>>>>>

There one winning idea of a possible trade that comes to mind. :ph34r:

Yes there is one winning idea of a trade , you Both send me all your RC stuff . Sounds

great to me ! :lol: , so how big of a house do i need :D ...

• Like 2

Yes there is one winning idea of a trade , you Both send me all your RC stuff . Sounds

great to me ! :lol: , so how big of a house do i need :D ...

"Reach for the sky, nerds! This is a hold-up!

Hand over all your R/C stuff. NOW!!

OK... now just stay right here while I go find a trailer big enough. OK, OK you can put your hands down until I'm back."

• Like 1

"Reach for the sky, nerds! This is a hold-up!

Hand over all your R/C stuff. NOW!!

OK... now just stay right here while I go find a trailer big enough. OK, OK you can put your hands down until I'm back."

BACK AWAY FROM THE RC STUFF MISTER !!!!

So i guess it's a NO then :( .. To sending me all your rc stuff :( Boo ..

• Like 1

To be honest I'm having a lot of trouble decyphering which Kyosho tires / wheels are a match for which models. I've found deals on some but it's really hard to know which work for which, which fronts are matches for which rears, which wheels are matches for which tires, and which wheels/tires are considered 'cannon' on which buggies (ie, box art + standard variations). Unless I'm overthinking things.

Can anyone shed a little light? I'm working on an original Optima and an original Ultima. I can find the box art original wheels, and for the Optima, tires for these but at nosebleed prices (more than I paid for the cars themselves).

• Thanks 1

Original Optima (OT3 wheels plus OT30 tyres), Javelin is OT62 wheels and OT30 tyres.

Turbo Optima/Salute/Optima pro is OT67 wheels with OT66 tyres.

Ultima depends on which model:-

Original Ultima Wheels are UM-17 (Front and Rear) and Tyres are SC26 front and OT66 Rears as std, Option tyres are SC90 for front and Either W5031 or W5032 for Rears.

Turbo Ultima is SC26 front tyres and front wheels are UM33, Rear Wheels are UM32 and Rear tyres are W5032

Ultima pro wheels are MA17 for rears and UM39 fronts, tyres are OT66 rears and W5074 fronts.

Ultima II wheels are same as Ultima Pro and Tyres are also the same ;-)

The nosebleeders in there are the SC-26/SC-90 front tyres and OT-66 rears

Good luck

Wow thank you!

I just "won" (not really for the bargain price I was hoping) a set of W-5077 tires that I thought would be a fit for rears on the original Ultima.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kyosho-Option-House-RC-6227-Tires-New-In-PKG-/111847159275

But they have different tires for different surface hardness and ... and my brain will explode.

scannerstwist_current.jpg

I believe they were used on the Optima Mid Custom along with W5075 or W5076 as Option tyres, should fit ok.

• Like 1

OK so another question - it looks like I can find nice alloy wheels in the same styles as box art of standard variations for less than the originals. Has anyone tried these? Recommended? General opinions?

Not the optima ones, but I did get a set of alloy Cat XLS ones from pmg828 on ebay (think it's the same seller?).and they are good quality, no marks on them at all.

Probably too heavy for running and I did read somewhere that people have had problems with them not running true when fitted, but mine seem fine.

Rob

• Like 1

OK so another question - it looks like I can find nice alloy wheels in the same styles as box art of standard variations for less than the originals. Has anyone tried these? Recommended? General opinions?

FYI I have a set of MarwanRC OT-66 style tires on Pargu 8-hole Turbo Optima style alloy wheels and the fit & finish of both are excellent. The alloy wheels are surprisingly light: Vintage plastic wheel + (very worn) tire: 57g Vs new alloy wheel & tire: 67g. Hth :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've found this topic looking for some more info on W5034 tires. Can anybody give me dimensions of these tires? Thanks

Maybe kind of sort of a threadjack, but I am trying to figure out which tires and wheels will fit an OG Javelin that is coming to me.

Not worried about originality, I'll keep the original tires for shelf duty. What I want are tires that perform reasonably well, that are reasonably priced, and, yes, that don't look too "bling" or "bro".

On 1/30/2010 at 11:08 PM, Live Steam Mad said:

A friend in Australia swears by the White color Sharpie brand Poster Paint Pen with the Extra Fine Point ( tip ) for doing tyre lettering with. I got mine on Ebay but haven't used it yet.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Would you recommend the water based or oil based paint pen for tires?