Sign in to follow this  
mix237

Battery Question

Hi all,

Im using a relatively new 5000mah nimh intellect battery (used for around 5 to 6 times only). Whats wierd is that the last 2 times that I've charged it, it only takes around 15 to 20 min. then its done, it doesnt even get warm. The charger that i'm using is also quite new. Of course run time is also short.

Is this "normal behavior" for a new new nimh battery?

Another question too, Are the lipo's and chargers on hobby king any good? ( I might switch to lipo if I dont figure out this nimh batt problem).

Thanks guys.

What amperage do you charge the battery at? Also do you run the battery until it's dead?

As for hobbycity chargers, yes they are good and pretty low cost too. I have the Turnigy accucel 6 and it works great.

found the lipos are good there, generally of very high quality, and the number on reviews is helpful too in checking, had a really cheap charger which was ok for small bats, but im using an imax b6 at the moment which is great

found the lipos are good there, generally of very high quality, and the number on reviews is helpful too in checking, had a really cheap charger which was ok for small bats, but im using an imax b6 at the moment which is great

Thanks Mighty flex,

Any brand in particular for the lipo's that are good? What I see are flightmax and Turnigy.

In the US, you can get intellect lipo packs for pretty cheap. They are re-badged with the Tenergy name (exact same packs though). The seller even have a free shipping coupon on $25+ order (Tenergydeals). Here's the link:

http://www.all-battery.com/li-pobatteriesforrccars.aspx

I got a 5000mah/25C for only $52 shipped. They also have a 5000mah/20C for $41 and a 4000mah/25C stick pack for only $40