mini the minx

Brushless Sand Scorcher

I'm just about to pre-order the re release sand scorcher and was wondering if it would be possible to make it brushless ??

I was only thinking of a very mild brushless setup something like this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZrun-17-5T-brushles...=item45f07ff63f

or maybe this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eZrun-RC-1-10-12-CAR...=item1c0b7a79ac

I just like the hassle free running of brushless ............... but any input you guys have would be much appreciated :D

You'll probably need to build a custom motor mount - I doubt a brushless motor will fit inside the gear case.

Brushless works in the SRB gearbox fine. The alloy gearcasing does not flex like a plastic one under the power and the gears are strong enough. Just don't use the soft butter kit suppied alloy pinions.

The motor cover will not fit on, but this isn't a problem with the end of the brushless motor being reasonably well sealed. If your brushless motor has any protrusions like screws from the can, these will need to be ground back flat with the can.

I have 4600Kv MambaMax on IP4000 Li-Po in a Super Champ. To hold the motor in I have drilled a single hole in the gearcase. I'm using a DF03 slipper clutch and DF03 spur and pinion.

img20319_14052009135932_1.jpg

You can see the hole to hold the motor with in this photo.

When I get my Buggy Champ and SS2010 I will be powering them with the 12T Tamiya brushless system (3160Kv). Similar mods to the drivetrain that I've done to the Super Champ. Unsure on what battery yet, but I'm seriously thinking of using the Tamiya LF1100 packs. 3160Kv on 6.6v is ~20,000rpm, just about right in a SRB.

Go for it

im using the ezrun 4600Kv brushless setup in my hornet. they have the same gearbox. just be careful if you choose to upgrade to lipos as well it might catch fire like mine lol.

you will find the problem that using brushless in a 2wd car is useless . its just too fast and un controlable. sometimes even get wheelies =)

Go for it

im using the ezrun 4600Kv brushless setup in my hornet. they have the same gearbox. just be careful if you choose to upgrade to lipos as well it might catch fire like mine lol.

you will find the problem that using brushless in a 2wd car is useless . its just too fast and un controlable. sometimes even get wheelies =)

Sorry, but a Hornet and SRB Sand Scorcher are two completely different cars. The only part the same between the two is the 3-piece wheel rims and the front tyres.

You need to gear the car right for brushless. 4350Kv Ez-Run (they don't have a 4600Kv) will not work with a standard Hornet pinion (Excessive current draw from the battery). Li-Pos designed for use in cars (hard case packs with high discharge) don't catch fire if you look after them.

i know you and the forum have proven me wrong dont listen to me listen to the expreienced guys lol

i was thinking of the wrong car?

ill be quiet now

i was thinking of the wrong car?

Hornet and Grasshopper are almost the same chassis (540 motor and oil dampers on the rear of the Hornet). Lunchbox and Midnight Pumpkin uses the same gearbox as the Hornet/GH.

Sand Scorcher is part of the SRB (Special Racing Buggy) group of chassis. All metal construction with a hard styrene body.