Throttletw

Quick Lunch Box Question....

I've been through the searches and couldn't find anything. I've never seen a Lunch Box in person and I was wondering if it was the same size as the Clodbuster. I know the Clod is a 10th scale, is the Lunch Box a 10th or 12th scale? Thanks, Throttle

The Lunch box is a bit smaller. It is based off of the hornet chassis with bigger tires. It is fun, pops wheelies all day long. The suspension really needs to be updated and it is top heavy. Great for back yard bashing..

The Lunch box is a bit smaller. It is based off of the hornet chassis with bigger tires. It is fun, pops wheelies all day long. The suspension really needs to be updated and it is top heavy. Great for back yard bashing..

Thanks! Like I said, I never seen one so I didn't know for sure. Was thinking about restoring one that I have found.

The Lunchbox and Pumpkin are 1:12 scale bodies. To get the same look as the Clod on the lunchbox chassis I needed to use a 1:14 scale toy truck body.

img20319_10022009230059_1.jpg

Hey thanks alot guys!! Now I wonder if anybody put a van body on a clod to make it a super lunch box?!? Now that would be sweet! :blink:

Updating the suspension sort of defeats the purpose... the suspension was designed to be horrible. Quirky. Fun.

Is there any size difference or any other for that matter, with the super clod??

Super Clod suspension bits are blue rather than red, wheels are chrome instead of white, no Chevy branding, different decals ... well, obviously, but including more subtle things like the licence plate reading "MUDBOG2" instead of "MUDBOG" ... pretty sure that's about it :)

Super Clod suspension bits are blue rather than red, wheels are chrome instead of white, no Chevy branding, different decals ... well, obviously, but including more subtle things like the licence plate reading "MUDBOG2" instead of "MUDBOG" ... pretty sure that's about it :lol:

So its just colour and decals thats different? Shame. If they had gone some way to address the flaws of the original clod I may have bought one.

But the poor steering, motor mounts that always break, poor off road ability, poor suspension, non exsitant climbing ability, and poor run time etc all let the clod down saddly. Looks great but thats about it.

Just watched the youtube promo vid of the Clod, after buying a Bullhead on the bay. OMG!! That thing looks fantastic, can't wait for mine to arrive. My smile is as big as this :D

So its just colour and decals thats different? Shame. If they had gone some way to address the flaws of the original clod I may have bought one.

But the poor steering, motor mounts that always break, poor off road ability, poor suspension, non exsitant climbing ability, and poor run time etc all let the clod down saddly. Looks great but thats about it.

There are other small minute changes, like the reinforcing metal brackets inside the bottom of the tub for the multi-link arm and trailing arm ball connectors, the bug catcher is different and now has a supercharger underneath it, and has 4x4x4 on the grille.

But yes, it still breaks the b12 rotational bracket.

I think your money would be better spent on a high-lift, or even better, a CR01 chassis. Most of the points you make aren't what a Clod Buster is about.

The Clod Buster is an unashamed Monster Truck. It still steer's mostly by whichever wheels are trailing, It's made for car crushing and posing, not climbing rocks or cliff faces. Yes it has poor suspension, most of the suspension is in the tyres, watch a monster truck vid from the 80's and when they come off a row of cars they bounce for ages. Back in 1987 I believe run times were a joke for a 1200mah ni-cad, but just remember it's powering two 540's. Now with a 3000mah ni-mh you can get about 20 minutes on 'power' and 40 mins for the kiddies on economy, not too shabby really.

I think Tamiya hit the nail on the head with the Clod, it does everything it's supposed to and nothing it isnt. But, if you want to make it into something different, there is a plethora of aftermarket companies out there that make parts for it, infact, you can actually build a complete truck from only aftermarket parts, right down to the screws, that's how popular this 23 year old truck is :blink:

There are other small minute changes, like the reinforcing metal brackets inside the bottom of the tub for the multi-link arm and trailing arm ball connectors, the bug catcher is different and now has a supercharger underneath it, and has 4x4x4 on the grille.

But yes, it still breaks the b12 rotational bracket.

I think your money would be better spent on a high-lift, or even better, a CR01 chassis. Most of the points you make aren't what a Clod Buster is about.

The Clod Buster is an unashamed Monster Truck. It still steer's mostly by whichever wheels are trailing, It's made for car crushing and posing, not climbing rocks or cliff faces. Yes it has poor suspension, most of the suspension is in the tyres, watch a monster truck vid from the 80's and when they come off a row of cars they bounce for ages. Back in 1987 I believe run times were a joke for a 1200mah ni-cad, but just remember it's powering two 540's. Now with a 3000mah ni-mh you can get about 20 minutes on 'power' and 40 mins for the kiddies on economy, not too shabby really.

I think Tamiya hit the nail on the head with the Clod, it does everything it's supposed to and nothing it isnt. But, if you want to make it into something different, there is a plethora of aftermarket companies out there that make parts for it, infact, you can actually build a complete truck from only aftermarket parts, right down to the screws, that's how popular this 23 year old truck is :)

Oh dont get me wrong here I loved my old Clod I had whenI was younger...I just wished it was a bit more tougher and didn`t break quite so often thats all. lol ;)

I never realised the Clod was so big. Just seeing how monstrous it is makes me want one.

the only problem with the clod is where to put the smegger when it's built

they are huge!!

great fun though, and a must-have