Incredible_Serious

Grasshopper2 Super G Manual Wanted

Hey all... just recently picked up a couple of Grasshopper 2 Super-G buggies, and they're ripe for rebuild.... but I want to check a few things in the manual. Can anyone point me in the direction of an online source? The normal Grasshopper 2 manual won't do.....

Alex

If I remeber correctly, the Super-G and regular GH2 share the same manual. The Super-G has an extra assembly sheet to cover the 'hopup' items included in the kit.

• Like 1

If I remeber correctly, the Super-G and regular GH2 share the same manual. The Super-G has an extra assembly sheet to cover the 'hopup' items included in the kit.

That's the sort of info I was looking for mate..... big thanks.

Anybody got a scan of the Super G Assembly Sheet handy????? Would make my day........

Alex

That's the sort of info I was looking for mate..... big thanks.

Anybody got a scan of the Super G Assembly Sheet handy????? Would make my day........

Alex

Silly me......

I've just checked out the "Optional Parts" page, page 18 of the Grasshopper 2 manual..... is this what you were referring to, mate?

Alex

Swarm is the one to ask mate. I remembered we were talking about it on MSN once and he looked in his NIB kit to see what was different.

Hey all... just recently picked up a couple of Grasshopper 2 Super-G buggies, and they're ripe for rebuild.... but I want to check a few things in the manual. Can anyone point me in the direction of an online source? The normal Grasshopper 2 manual won't do.....

Alex

Hi Alex, what number kit is this? Do you mean the Super Fighter G or something? I am confused...

Regards,

ARG

This showroom entry of Swarm's shows the Super-G. It's kit #49501. Normal GH2 kit is #58074

Now that's weird..... I didn't see that! I bow to you TA matey.... thankyou for pointing this out to me!!!!!!

Will edit my showroom entry to have the correct number, and get back in my hole......

Thanks again.

Alex

LOL!! :o

It is one of my favourite kits. Hard Bodied, with kit oil dampers and the only Grasshopper with a 540. You could replicate the Super-G easy enough with parts from other models aslong as you can find those rare green wheels. I want to get a regular GH2 and do silly things to it like I did to the GH re-re.

Hi just seen them listed, looks like a good couple of projects :o

Regarding the questions you have the Super G does have a seperate insert sheet in the standard instruction manual, i can't scan one as all my NIBs are sealed and i haven't got round to any Super G restos yet to track one down myself. What i do know is the Super G was issued in two main forms, with oil filled shocks and with out, your cars are the without so that should solve the wondering there, not all G's have the oil filled to start with. Also regarding wheel colours they either came with yellow or green wheels depending on stocks at the time of issue, both come up on the bay fairly regulary.

In addition to that i know the Super G kit contains a seperate Super G screw bag. As i haven't got round to any yet i can only guess but im fairly sure the main differances in the build will be the shocks therefore a request for shock instructions would do it unless you have those already, if not i'll be home at the weekend and would be able to provide those. I have some Super G screw bags as well so can dig out one of those to have a check whats inside there too if that would help.

Dean

sorry to drag up an old thread but does anyone have the supplement sheet for the super g , mainly just need to know what tires were used front and rear out of the box

• Like 1

Chicken,

Front pin spike tires are parts# 50303 2WD Front Pin Spike Tires. They are difficult to find and you may have to be patient. They were also a hop up option for the Wild One, so the wheels are white. The part# for these tires are the same as the Wild One as listed on page 18 option sheet of the manual.

The rears are Supershot pin spike tires and are a direct match for the Super G. Exactly the same. Can't remember the part number but they are easy to come by on the bay.

See my build thread page here (towards the bottom for tire content): http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72970&page=4

• Like 1

cheers for the info , if im not mistaken the fronts are the same as the super hornet? I think I should be able to sort out a set hopefully as for the supershot tires....

Chicken,

Yes, the front are the same as the Super Hornet.

Here's a screenshot of the Super G optional page from the manual.

GHSuperG.jpg

GHSuperG2.jpg

• Like 1

awesome thanks for that , i have a regular gh2 on its way and the bit to convert to a super g but i think the rear tires are toast.

you wouldnt happen to know which type of 540 was supplied ? i have a bunch of the johnson silver cans but i think these came with the plastic ended motor

• Like 1

Chicken,

Front pin spike tires are parts# 50303 2WD Front Pin Spike Tires. They are difficult to find and you may have to be patient. They were also a hop up option for the Wild One, so the wheels are white.

Correct, 50303 came with white wheels, but to avoid a possible misunderstanding, a box stock Super G should have fluorescent yellow or fluorescent green wheels. The Super G was released with two different item numbers. 92018 in 1989 and 49501 in 1990, and both were delivered with fluo green, alternatively fluo yellow wheels.

The front tires were also available without wheels with the item number 9805474 (19805474 in Tamiya's current 8-digit item number system). Not easy to find, but this shop still lists them as available (or even in stock). Considering that the Swiss Tamiya distributor is among the very best Tamiya distributors worldwide, I wouldn't be surprised if is correct when a Swiss shop lists them as available:

http://www.rc-shop.ch/983_66227/tamiya-rc-modellbau-front-tire-2-for-50303/

• Like 3

you wouldnt happen to know which type of 540 was supplied ? i have a bunch of the johnson silver cans but i think these came with the plastic ended motor

Possibly also with plastic ended motor, but this apparently sealed blister in TC-member Sunnyjai's NIB kit has the stamped metal end:

11713764_10153127313667407_7511793166941

• Like 1

And here are scans of the additional manual sheet included with 49501, which differs slightly from the "optional parts" page of the regular 58074 manual:

12240822_10153127319012407_5619142437024

12232932_10153127319007407_2219085990560

• Like 3

thanks for the info , ill go with a johnson as i have about 5 of them doing nothing.

one thing i just noticed was the parts c8 and c5 , were they included with the regular gh2 or were they exclusive to the g.

as i havent had a chance to download a copy of the gh2 manual maybe one more thing can be cleared up for me , the axle mounts ,are they the same as the super hornet ,having the ability to pivot or are they fixed like a normal gh?.

im sure i can get the front tires locally i bought a set for a tc member not too long ago , the rears on the other hand...

Interesting to note too that Super G's had tan MSCs not the black MSC that came with the stock GHII. Spent a lot of time researching that little nuance :/

• Like 2

one thing i just noticed was the parts c8 and c5 , were they included with the regular gh2 or were they exclusive to the g.

as i havent had a chance to download a copy of the gh2 manual maybe one more thing can be cleared up for me , the axle mounts ,are they the same as the super hornet ,having the ability to pivot or are they fixed like a normal gh?.

C5 and C8 are regular GH2 parts.

Only the GH1 and the Pajero have the "fixed" type and these are parts that don't fit the GH2 chassis. They are mounted with screws from the bottom and not the side of the chassis.

• Like 1

Possibly also with plastic ended motor, but this apparently sealed blister in TC-member Sunnyjai's NIB kit has the stamped metal end:

11713764_10153127313667407_7511793166941

Mokei,

Thanks for posting that photo. I forgot that my Runner Super G has the correct, stamped black endbell motor and not my Shelf queen :wacko: Time to switch those out this weekend.

• Like 1

Good research guys.

Interesting to note too that Super G's had tan MSCs not the black MSC that came with the stock GHII. Spent a lot of time researching that little nuance :/

I guess the Grasshopper II Super G must have been released just after Tamiya made the switch from black to tan.

I also never knew it was released under two different model numbers. Does anyone know why? Was one of them a "complete kit" or something?