Sign in to follow this  
Guest Greg67

Tamiya Hilux Tons Of Questions!

Guest Greg67
:lol: You guys rule!! Thanks! I'm heading over to the showrooms right now. :lol:

Guest Greg67

*whistles* Great showrooms guys! Swarm your Hi-Lux is a beaut!

Swarm i like the pic in your showroom called 'Nice Summer Views' of the Hilux it looks cool :lol:

Its still bugs me that Tamiya didnt make the wheels a tad bigger.....

Cheers Swarm :lol:

Thanks Mrfreeze and Greg that pic was for the summer theme competition it did turn out nice thats my avatar pic I think :lol:

The wheels didnt bug me as much when I first got the Hilux but they do now as time has gone by they are definatly out of scale with the rest of the truck but its still a great truck and the build was very enjoyable.

No problems Greg glad we could help mate that is what the forum / club is all about .

Stuart.

Thanks Mrfreeze and Greg that pic was for the summer theme competition it did turn out nice thats my avatar pic I think :lol:

The wheels didnt bug me as much when I first got the Hilux but they do now as time has gone by they are definatly out of scale with the rest of the truck but its still a great truck and the build was very enjoyable.

No problems Greg glad we could help mate that is what the forum / club is all about .

Stuart.

Ive built 3 now and love the detail and the amount of time it takes to make these look good.When you first open the box Greg and get all the parts out dont panic just take your time and follow the maual and you should be good. Also the MFU does have a lot of wires so be warned :lol: If you get stuck im sure some on here will help you out.

Cheers

Darren

I think i should do some work now....:lol:

Guest Greg67

Glad to be here guys! I like your restored black Tamiya Pick Up too Freeze!

I'm going to price things out guys, can't wait to get to building! :lol:

Guest Greg67

Cool, thanks Darren! I'll make sure to go slow. I never had the patience when I was younger, and I'm hoping I can focus on this and have it come out well. I'll take your guys advice and go slow, and not get overwhelmed. This is a great place to be, glad to have someone to chat with about it. Guys, thanks again! I'll be back.

Sincerely,

Greg

P.s. I was thinking of just buying one, but after thinking about buying a rtr one, decided it's more fun to build one. :lol:. Especially now that I know what I need. THANKS AGAIN!!

Cool, thanks Darren! I'll make sure to go slow. I never had the patience when I was younger, and I'm hoping I can focus on this and have it come out well. I'll take your guys advice and go slow, and not get overwhelmed. This is a great place to be, glad to have someone to chat with about it. Guys, thanks again! I'll be back.

Sincerely,

Greg

P.s. I was thinking of just buying one, but after thinking about buying a rtr one, decided it's more fun to build one. :lol:. Especially now that I know what I need. THANKS AGAIN!!

Buying somebody else's one could be inheriting a problem child I have found this in the past someone's gold is another persons fools gold not in all cases but some.

I have swayed from buying RTR (pre-loved) cars and buggies unless they are super hard to get ones and yes building is much more enjoyable from scratch that way if something goes wrong with it you can find the fault and fix it having built it yourself .

Its very rewarding building it yourself .

Take care Greg and happy shopping :lol:

Guest Greg67

Thank you very much for all of your help and sharing your experiences Stuart. I priced everything out, and will first buy the kit, and then slowly buy the other things as time goes on. I thought that I could buy a used one, but I am taking your advice, and going to take it slow and build my own. :unsure: I've wanted to build one for a while now, and thanks to the advice from you and Darren, I should be in good standing to attempt it. :unsure: I'll keep you guys posted.

Sincerely,

Greg