Sign in to follow this  
mikea96

Another Monster Beetle Build

There has been alot of these lately it seems but here is another. I got this for 100 and it has trinity shocks and a new Robinson full 48pitch gear box and telescoping axles. Thas hardly been used so it will be an easy one to build. Im going to build one very nice one for display and a hopped up runner. I have lots of new parts so i will have some more pics up soon.

post-6627-1265060685_thumb.jpg

post-6627-1265060768_thumb.jpg

i will be sitting in on this one. do you have any questions?

Nope im good i have probably had 30 of these cars over the years.

Those ali rims are luuuuuurvely. Look better than the plain ones by far. Wish I had some funds knocking about. :)

Will keep an eye on this one

I grabbed a set of the plain ones for cheap last week, Mike had them up on an auction and I won :( The new style do look good though so maybe I'll CNC out some holes in my plain ones when they arrive :D I might also have them anodised to match the gold of the G1's I had produced.

Look forward to seeing this Beetle build too :)

I started tearing down 5 chassis yesterday and will use all the best parts for a shelfer and second best parts for a runner.

In contrast, I spent last night building one up :( Well, a Blackfoot to be precise with the majority of screws and bits coming from an original Frog. Just working on the shell now but she should be a good'un and I think she has your alu wheels written all over her! Hurry up Mr Postman....

:)

In contrast, I spent last night building one up :D Well, a Blackfoot to be precise with the majority of screws and bits coming from an original Frog. Just working on the shell now but she should be a good'un and I think she has your alu wheels written all over her! Hurry up Mr Postman....

:)

They will look good on there. The wheels are going out this morning as i have been stuck home sick the last few days :( . Post some pics when you get them mounted.

They will look good on there. The wheels are going out this morning as i have been stuck home sick the last few days :) . Post some pics when you get them mounted.

Hope you feel better soon mate, I'll be sure to post up some pics when they arrive! If you can, send me a PM/email with the customs number for tracking? Cheers.

Made a lot of progress on this the last few days and will post some pics in a little bit.