Lonestar

58014 Price Estimation - Martini Renaut Mk22

Hi guys

There are very few 58014 on ebay these days... hence it's hard to evaluate how much they're worth. There's one for sale at my track, it's pretty much complete minus the driver's head, and is dirty but in decent shape (wing is intact)... any idea how much this'd be worth? Thanks!

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp83/Us...a%20RM%2058014/

Paul

41 reads, no answer? TC ain't what it used to be anymore... guys, that's one of the RM cars...

<sigh>

Paul

41 reads, no answer? TC ain't what it used to be anymore... guys, that's one of the RM cars...

<sigh>

Paul

That is a very nice looking car but i have no idea what it is worth and I know what you mean about TC not being the same anymore as it seems as know one is willing to respond or help anymore.

The car is in incomplete used condition and worth about £70-£100 in my opinion for a private sale. If it was complete and with radio gear, perhaps £120 - £150, but it would need to be a very good example.

The trouble nowadays is that I (personally) am tired of people stumbling across TC as a source of free information in order to get their BIN price right on eBay to make money out of the very people that help them. I blow hot and cold on this though :-)

I don't mean you and for that matter me, however, that is perhaps why the views. Don't assume the 41 views are collectors, enthusiasts, or even members.

Paul.

The car is in incomplete used condition and worth about £70-£100 in my opinion for a private sale. If it was complete and with radio gear, perhaps £120 - £150, but it would need to be a very good example.

The trouble nowadays is that I (personally) am tired of people stumbling across TC as a source of free information in order to get their BIN price right on eBay to make money out of the very people that help them. I blow hot and cold on this though :-)

I don't mean you and for that matter me, however, that is perhaps why the views. Don't assume the 41 views are collectors, enthusiasts, or even members.

Paul.

Yep. If it's one thing that I hate more than anything else it's yet another "what is this worth?" thread. IMHO of course.

Normally I would say that people do help out here.

Regards,

ARG.

Ahh I didn't realise that "what's it worth" question came from a TC member of some standing.

I PM'ed Paul to appolgise.

Thought it was another new guy looking to make $$$ out of us... my mistake.

Still don't like these how much $$$ topics though...

Cheers,

ARG

Useful info - thanks guys.

no offense taken Paul and LSM, I can figure out where you guys are coming from. Blame ePay for that...

Thanks,

Paul

i paid about 28 GBP off ebay for one of these, albeit over a year ago.

it's not an RM as in racing master car - was a pretty low end tamiya, in its day.

personally i love them, and they look great!

if it is complete and tidy, i'd say offer around 50 GBP

on a good day it could go for more on ebay, but never mega money.

some pics of mine. the body is very tidy on mine, and the chassis shows little use (bumpers have long since gone though)

ren%20(1).jpg

ren%20(2).jpg

£28!! that does sound like a bargain :lol:

Even at £50 I think it would be a steal in all honesty, I would have to agree more with Paul (loaded) as £70- £100 being a fair price.

You did very well indeed to get that for £28, that is in super condition. The trouble with fluke eBay prices is they aren't set in stone, they can be more, they can be less, it depends who is interested at that moment :-)

There are 3 stablemates, the BMW and the Ralt as well as this model. Some people also include the Honda, although personally I don't. Try searching some of these other ones on eBay as well to get some more ideas.

Good luck!

Paul.

The trouble with fluke eBay prices is they aren't set in stone, they can be more, they can be less, it depends who is interested at that moment :-)

very true indeed!!

i still stick with the offer the guy 50 bones idea, but be prepared to pay more, depending on how bad you want it.

if he wants £150 GBP, wish him luck and leave it. unless, of course, you want it real bad!

parts seem in good supply for these old F2 cars too. except the bodies!!

if i was selling mine now, i would realistically expect about £75 for it, in all honesty.

but i am not. it's not for sale!

edit:

a case-in-point

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-RC-Martini-MK...=item3ca9454627

even NIB they don't go too high on price! only £160

Surely its worth what you are prepared to pay for it based on how much it is worth to you? Assuming the seller agrees with your point of view and how much they wish to part company with it.

To some people, these are models just for running and playing with, for others they are objects of desire to see restored or in a private collection.

I don't think its always possible to put a price on these things.

I've recently become hooked on WW M38's, SWB's in particular and have gone from owning one, (which I've restored now), to four in a fairly short space of time....so I have a lot of work to do. I paid vastly different sums for each of them if I'm honest, one costing double the least expensive one I bought.

I appreciate everything has a worth of some sort, but if its something you really want and you're unlikely to find another then maybe its worth considering digging a little deeper in order to buy it.

Once you've got it and are enjoying it even if its just looking at it, the price you paid will become insignificant.

Regards

Mike

I couldn't resist and I picked it up indeed... but my trx-1 project's budget is getting out of hand (see oople for instance) and I have to get some cash back quick as the vintage race I'll race the traxxas in is on March 20thz... so off to ebay it went. No weird BiN price, just an old-skool auction with a no reserve price and low start ($50)...

Paul