a up.. i was talking to a couple mates last week after a bash and we got talking about my clod and i said what is the rare bit about the clod chevy badge... i thought it was the bow tie on the front grill but me mates said it is moulding on the bottom right of tail gate.. what are your thoughts and ideas.. :P thanks

The answer is both...

Tamiya didn't have the license to use the chevy badge/name anywhere on the truck. They removed the chevy badge from the grill, tailgate, decal set and instruction book, but not before thousands of clods had been shipped and sold.

They are not as "rare" as some say, to be honest you're just as likely to find an old clod with the chevy badges than without. The rarity comes with unbuilt chevy badged kits, as most of those early clods got built :P

thanks.. after see'ing your reply i have had a look and my original clod box,build manual and clod with shell all have the chevy badge on them.. im happy with that.. :P

The original Chevrolet decals being the hardest single Clod part to find in my book :P

yeah, the first kits had the bowtie grill and chevrolet script on tailgate. later ones had the bowtie removes and nothing on tailgate. the super clodbuster has an awful looking 4x4x4 on the grill.

The original Chevrolet decals being the hardest single Clod part to find in my book ;)

Do you have any pics of the Chevy decals? I cant say I`ve ever seen these. My old clod had the Chevy bowtie grill and tailgate details when I bought her new the frst time around but the decals were just standard and had no Chevy decals at all. :D

Were the Chevy decals removed before the bowtie grill and tailgate details or at the same time??

Cheers

I'm not completely positive but the only difference in the decals is the Chevy one's had the word 'Chevrolet' on the very rear corner of the black/orange/yellow stripe in yellow. I dont think Tamiya changed anything else but maybe somebody more knowledgeable can confirm :D

I'm not completely positive but the only difference in the decals is the Chevy one's had the word 'Chevrolet' on the very rear corner of the black/orange/yellow stripe in yellow. I dont think Tamiya changed anything else but maybe somebody more knowledgeable can confirm :D

I think thats correct :lol:

Do you have any pics of the Chevy decals? I cant say I`ve ever seen these. My old clod had the Chevy bowtie grill and tailgate details when I bought her new the frst time around but the decals were just standard and had no Chevy decals at all. ;)

Were the Chevy decals removed before the bowtie grill and tailgate details or at the same time??

Cheers

Well I think I do remember the chevy bit on the side stickers now having looked at the ones that are currently for sale on ebay. :)

Heres the pic off there:

But the price their asking is wayyy too much for me! :D

Hi.

Here are pictures of my Clod Buster decals, here you can see where they have written: Chevrolet

bclod.jpg

clodb.jpg

Regards Arild (58065)

Hi.

Here are pictures of my Clod Buster decals, here you can see where they have written: Chevrolet

bclod.jpg

clodb.jpg

Regards Arild (58065)

:huh: sweet....

B) sweet....

I run my clod with all of the above Chevy pieces I even had an extra chevy tailgate.. Until my brother crashed into the back end with his brushless Lunch...

I still run the clod with the rare parts I flip it all the time.. I prolly shouldn't use them but thats all I got!!

personally, i don't believe in shelf queens, or even shelf bodies. the bowtie grills and chevy tailgates are all over ebay, but they cost a pretty penny. not worth it to me. you can always carve out the offending 4x4x4 **** and have a decent looking grill for cheap. the only people that even notice are tamiya geeks (well, i guess like all of us).

Yeah, the 4X4X4 makes the Clod Buster look sooo different. You have to remember the Clod Buster came out at a time when Monster Trucks were real pick-up trucks modified with military axles and huge wheel/tire combination. The Clod looks a lot like the real ones. Bear foot or Samson I. Oh, and and although the 4X4X4 appears on the sides of St. Louis' Big Foot Monster truck since 1979, on the Clod makes it look too much like the fiberglass monster trucks from today's Monster Jam. So it's a bit of a turn off for me.