Blacque Jacque

Snetterton 2010

As long as you can put up with the smell of wee, yes ;)

I am a Unit Manager of a Dementia Unit, it will be nothing I don't normally smell on a day to day basis. :lol:

Hi Guys - Didn't know if you all new but the days before the meeting (28th & 29th) theres a big RC meet I saw here on Oople. I know it's on the 4wd track so does that mean we can use the On & Off Road tracks?

Hi Guys - Didn't know if you all new but the days before the meeting (28th & 29th) theres a big RC meet I saw here on Oople. I know it's on the 4wd track so does that mean we can use the On & Off Road tracks?

Umm, unless I misread something, that post on Oople is for Silverstone, not Snetterton ? :huh:

Umm, unless I misread something, that post on Oople is for Silverstone, not Snetterton ? :huh:

Sheeez your quite right too............... I'll get my coat! ;)

Umm, unless I misread something, that post on Oople is for Silverstone, not Snetterton ? :blink:

Is this one of those occasions one could use the term PWNED?

:lol:

I am a Unit Manager of a Dementia Unit...

Is this how you met Andy? :blink:

I have a unique ability in which to take the obvious (or see it in this case) and completely misenterpret it, add 2+2 and get 66, then post it for all to see. I call it excitement and enthusiasm, my wife calls it blonde moments and everyone else calls it 'retard'.... Still I gave you all a laugh..... Pwned indeed :blink: .

You can't miss me when I'm there, I'll be the one dribbling in the corner fitting my Flux Capacitor to my LunchBox...... My actual LunchBox not the VLB :lol:

Is this how you met Andy? :lol:

Nice :blink:

Chris, if you're bringing food in a box, the only thing you need to fit to the box is a padlock (and possibly an alarm) :o

I just changed my earlier post re the "worst presented car" competition to "worst presented vehicle", as that's what the trophies say - I wasn't paying attention when I made them B)

I guess it's fortuitous if you have a hoopty truck or bike & felt excluded B)

More good news - I have enough trophy making tat & have found some suitable bits & polished them up a bit - so now we can also have a "best presented vehicle" compo too.

Rules will be the same as for the "worst presented car" category, though I expect it'll be the best looking & shiniest vehicles that win this one.

Re the Lunchbox/Pumpkin football match: after last years winner proved to be the wind, we've been doing extensive testing to find a better alternative to a cheap kid's football ....

I'm pleased to announce that this years official ball will be a Round Ball Float ... also known as a Ballcock - just in case you want to get some practice in ;)

It was apparent that the Lunchbox bumper isn't up to controlling the "ball" for more than a few feet - assuming you could trap it in the first place - so expect to see some news about allowable modifications soon.

;)

I just changed my earlier post re the "worst presented car" competition to "worst presented vehicle", as that's what the trophies say - I wasn't paying attention when I made them B)

I guess it's fortuitous if you have a hoopty truck or bike & felt excluded :)

More good news - I have enough trophy making tat & have found some suitable bits & polished them up a bit - so now we can also have a "best presented vehicle" compo too.

Rules will be the same as for the "worst presented car" category, though I expect it'll be the best looking & shiniest vehicles that win this one.

Re the Lunchbox/Pumpkin football match: after last years winner proved to be the wind, we've been doing extensive testing to find a better alternative to a cheap kid's football ....

I'm pleased to announce that this years official ball will be a Round Ball Float ... also known as a Ballcock - just in case you want to get some practice in ;)

It was apparent that the Lunchbox bumper isn't up to controlling the "ball" for more than a few feet - assuming you could trap it in the first place - so expect to see some news about allowable modifications soon.

;)

Yay Ballcock Football! B)

..I'm proud to have been a part of the development team Jon :D

oh i would love to come to this! do you have to be a subscriber to join in?

Also is it wheelchair friendly as my mate may come to B)

Carl

Carl

The track itself is very accessible, you can actually park right alongside the track, so apart from moving some tyres or barriers out of the way, I don't think there'll be a problem - Parking is on grass, but it's well trodden.

The driver's stand does have steps up to it, but there'll be enough of us there to help if some assistance is required.

Search for SNET09 here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/advancesearch.asp there's plenty of pics that might give you a better idea of the site

oh i would love to come to this! do you have to be a subscriber to join in?

Carl

I went last year and had a great time ;) , I'm not a subbie yet but I will be when I can afford it. :P

Edit 2 add, if you clip clothes pegs to your pumpkin bumper, you can control the ball better. ;)

I'd like to have a touring car "race" at the meet, but there's no point putting in on the list if there's not going to be enough support for it, so ...

"Rules" would be pretty much any 1/10th scale electric tourer chassis (M's, TL01, FF, FF02, TT01, etc), any tires, any 2/4/5 door tintop road car shell, but I think we'd have to put some sort of voltage/motor limit on it (7.2V/23T ish - no brushless) to minimise closing speeds & make it fairly accessible to everyone.

As per BTCC rules, "no contact", so head-ons & torpedo runs prohibited (take note, Twinset ;) ) ... but using the car in front to help your braking, and leaning on another car in a corner to increase lateral grip (eh, Russ? ;) ) is likely.

Bearing in mind the restrictions, and the fact that although your chassis should survive relatively unscathed, your bodyshell definitely won't, who's up for it?

I'd like to have a touring car "race" at the meet, but there's no point putting in on the list if there's not going to be enough support for it, so ...

"Rules" would be pretty much any 1/10th scale electric tourer chassis (M's, TL01, FF, FF02, TT01, etc), any tires, any 2/4/5 door tintop road car shell, but I think we'd have to put some sort of voltage/motor limit on it (7.2V/23T ish - no brushless) to minimise closing speeds & make it fairly accessible to everyone.

As per BTCC rules, "no contact", so head-ons & torpedo runs prohibited (take note, Twinset ;) ) ... but using the car in front to help your braking, and leaning on another car in a corner to increase lateral grip (eh, Russ? ;) ) is likely.

Bearing in mind the restrictions, and the fact that although your chassis should survive relatively unscathed, your bodyshell definitely won't, who's up for it?

Definitely. I would have thought there'd be plenty of interest in a tourer race. Like you state, loads of chassis types to choose from. Motor limit sounds right too to keep it fun and fairer.

Have to have a think which of my cars strikes the best balance between performance and expendability ;)

Martyn

Definitely. I would have thought there'd be plenty of interest in a tourer race. Like you state, loads of chassis types to choose from. Motor limit sounds right too to keep it fun and fairer.

Have to have a think which of my cars strikes the best balance between performance and expendability ;)

Martyn

Erica and I would be up for a tourer race, can we talk of a 19t limit please, as that is more common a motor, i have either them or a silver can ;), I will have my trf415 and Ericas TA04 ready to go.

I'd like to have a touring car "race" ...

Can I bring my 12 gauge pump-action shotgun? ;)

Erica and I would be up for a tourer race, can we talk of a 19t limit please, as that is more common a motor, i have either them or a silver can ;), I will have my trf415 and Ericas TA04 ready to go.

19T suits me if it suits others. Just bought one and was wondering where to put it. I'm looking at various TA01s, TA03F, M04 or FF01. I can't drive any of them so I guess it doesn't matter really ;)

Anything smaller than 19T around Snett gets boring as it's such a big, fast track. I small be bringing the TRF415MSX for the touring race.

If there are sufficient numbers, we could run two tourer classes which should mitigate the risk of mixing box stock cars with the Exocet crowd;

Half track, 19t or slower.

Full track, unlimited inc brushless.

My TA05 should be ready by then with the EZRun 9t ;)

Count me in for the tourer race. I agree on a 19T brushed limit if it was a single race as this is a more widely used Touring Car format, or if you are splitting the two anything goes Brushless?

Looking forward to it!

id be up for the 19turn and mod tourer as for half a track for 19t cars id say no way,if im travelling all that way id want all of the track,plus weve got all day so there shouldnt be a problem, as long as it aint a free for all demolision derby then i will be alright.

can we have a heat for mardave's as well? mine's just sitting here and needs a good trashing.