Blacque Jacque

Snetterton 2010

Stick me down too. I'll be sharing Quincey's mobile pit garage, cheers Ade :P

Martyn

Yeah me & Heather will be there at least one day but as it's only up the road we'll not be camping we'll be heading home (via a leading fast food outlet) for showers, big tellys, 13A mains electricity, hot & cold running water and nice kumfy beds.. that kinda thing ;)

No idea what I'll use for a road car though - tyres on my rally Focus are as bald as Twinset since I last ran it at Snetterton! Still I'm guessing the formula 'rules' won't be too strict eh chaps? :P

tyres on my rally Focus are as bald as Twinset

Still I'm guessing the formula 'rules' won't be too strict eh chaps?

Nice, pick on the underprivileged :)

The only rule I can remember from last year was 'until the battery dies' but that was bypassed by using more than one battery :lol:

Right, who knows how to make a steel LB shell?

Nice, pick on the underprivileged :)

The only rule I can remember from last year was 'until the battery dies' but that was bypassed by using more than one battery B)

Strap a cheese grater on it & no one will be the wiser :(

Everyone was too busy laughing at the Biggus & Twinset Celebrity Death Match to worry about "rules" :lol:

Nice, pick on the underprivileged :mellow:

The only rule I can remember from last year was 'until the battery dies' but that was bypassed by using more than one battery :angry:

Steel you say?? Why am i now thinking about some kind of armoured lunchbox event... Last man standing but with sharper points :-D

It's now Official!

We have had conformation from Snetterton that the track is ours for Monday 30th August. We can arrive on Sunday 29th to setup ours tents etc, but at present they cannot confirm what times the gates with be opened or closed on the Sunday night/Monday morning. More info to follow.

As we now have a firm date, I can tell you that the "Worst Presented Vehicle", or "Concours de Crapulence" competition will one again be happening this year, and I've spent literally some money on creating suitable trophies.

That's right - trophies - plural! There will be prizes for first, second and turd places (or Gold, Silver and Brown, if you prefer). Predictably enough, the trophies will still be very much of the poo-on-a-stick variety. :D

Any make, any scale will be eligible, but your car must be at least a "roller" i.e. have some sort of bodyshell, and enough wheels, chassis, drive and suspension parts that it at least gives the illusion that it could conceivably move, however slowly or badly, under it's own steam. Electrics/electronics optional.

Judging will take place during the "Conga" lineup, and will be the responsibility of an ad-hoc committee formed on the day - in other words, I will grab a few people who look like they're not doing anything much at the time & pass the buck to them.

Winners will be notified by a slip attached to their car, trophies will be awarded in a brief ceremony/photo op after the track is cleared.

Hopefully this will give you plenty of time to lash up any old car & get it nice & filthy for August :)

edit 11-Jun-2010 - changed it to "worst presented vehicle" :)

Any make, any scale will be eligible, but your car must be at least a “roller” – i.e. have some sort of bodyshell, and enough wheels, chassis, drive and suspension parts that it at least gives the illusion that it could conceivably move, however slowly or badly, under it’s own steam. Electrics/electronics optional.

Too easy! ...be better to insist on running cars wouldn't it?

I vote that it should be a runner to be eligible for the competition too!

I'd like to enter my 1/1, if it makes it there :)

Too easy! ...be better to insist on running cars wouldn't it?

Umm ... your "easier" way sounds like a lot more work for me ...

I vote that it should be a runner to be eligible for the competition too!

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind ... if this ever becomes a democracy :P

I'd like to enter my 1/1, if it makes it there B)

If you can drive it onto the track to join the conga line without anyone complaining, sure :)

Cheers Jonny Retro

Maybe not then,

I will try and be there though, the beetle collection is a bit bigger now. B)

Just insist the winner drives it off the track B), go on lets make it more interesting.

Does that include booting off the course!

Put me down I'd love to come.

Jonny Retro is there a format or is it just one big shindig with anything goes!

... is there a format or is it just one big shindig with anything goes!

The organising commitee (Russ, Ian, Simon & to a lesser extent, me) has yet to formalise anything, but drawing on last year as a guide, there will probably be dedicated whole track sessions for:

Trucks (as in big rig type trucks)

Jumping

(Static) "Conga" car line up

Lunchbox/Pumpkin 5-a-side football

Lunchbox/Pumpkin "race" - which doesn't have to involve carnage - but usually does :)

Drifting

Ian and Russ both have a couple of ideas which'll I'll let them post, I myself would like to see a touring car race - this would really depend on having enough people willing to risk a bit of damage - there's bound to be a bit of argy-bargy.

Other than that, the track will be free for running what you like, no-one wants to make it at all rigid, so it's more about etiquette than rules:

Everyone is responsible for paying their own track fee (& camp fee if you're staying over the night before). Don't drive on the track if you haven't paid your fee.

You must use the frequency control peg board - bring your own clothes peg with your name on it (or find one at the track), take the appropriate peg off the board, and replace it with yours while you're using that frequency. If the peg for the frequency you want has already gone, use a different one - I'll have a few spare crytals, so will Russ (though we might want to keep a pair of yours hostage), or there's the shop right there.

No deliberate collisions with other peoples cars

Pay attention to the route other people are taking round the track, and either follow it, or give way to them

Give way to faster drivers

Accidents do happen, so don't drive anything you're not willing to risk (though this depends a lot on the "class" running at the time).

:lol:

If there's going to be drifting Ill make a camera car to run with them and get some good shots - it'll be a pukka version of the cobbled-together (Pushrod's old camera duct-taped to my WW2!) one we used to get some some shots for 'Kento Dorifto' ..which is probably still in Mr Pushrod's showroom(?) - I have a fast truggy and a compact DVDcorder sitting here so it won't won't even cost me! :lol:

Thanks for all that info Jonny Retro it is very much appreciated and got me all excited now.

Mad Zero sounds like a plan I applaud team players efforts!

No deliberate collisions with other peoples cars...

...Accidents do happen

I'm getting that on a T-Shirt - that's pretty much permission right there :)

Track-width torpedo run followed by "oops" is ok :)

To be honest with Twinset on the track everybody else will be safe... its my cars that seem to bear the brunt of his torpedo runs.

At the end of the Lunchbox race this was his...

img169_01092009140020_1.jpg

this was mine..

img169_01092009140020_5.jpg

Everybody elses looked fine!

Rich why the badword are you still using Tamiya connectors???? :)

(btw if either of you two vandals are planning on ditching those shells I need a section of the roof/screen frame to graft into mine!)

Cause I cant afford to replace connectors in 60 odd cars, and no the redbull shell is still useable when twinset is around.

Will there still be access to mains electricity for charging?

Will there still be access to mains electricity for charging?

As long as you can put up with the smell of wee, yes :)