Sign in to follow this  
tarznatz

Painting Experts Adivice Needed

I am planning on finally painting and detailing out my Kyosho 67 Stingray Pure 10 Classic Car body (yay for me). However, I would like to try and spray it to match my father in laws 1966 Stingray which is Mosport Green. See the pic below for what exactly that color is:

The plan is to pain the body as I painted the Atomic Orange Corvette C5 in my showroom. Link: C5

There I used a mixture of paints in a series of tedious and very light coats to achieve the end result. As this body is basically a one of a kind and pretty much impossible to obtain, I figured I would ask here first before proceeding and potentially messing the whole thing up.

I was thinking of using Tamiya PS-5 - Anodized Green as the main color (do you all agree?), using perhaps some of these others (which ones?) as in between/accent coats to get that truer Mosport color to come out:

maybe some Fluorescent Green PS-28, perhaps some Metal Green Ps-17, I think definitely PS 44 Translucent Green and Translucent Silver PS36 , and PS 48 Metallic Silver

1966-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-427-silver-3.jpg

Hint: If you're worried about stuffing it up, DON'T use Tamiya PS paints. They are fuel proof, and you won't get them off if you do stuff up.

If I were you, I would look to getting an airbrush, and mixing that custom colour from bottle polycarbonate paints that are not fuel proof, eg PC paint, Pactra, Faskolor.

Get a clear plasic soft drink bottle and practise on that.

- James

Afraid I can't help with the color, but thats a nice vette! The shop I used to work at specialized in resto work- mainly Corvettes. What engine/tranny combo does it have? Is it matching numbers? I remember pounding those knock-off wheels on and off with a big plastic dead-blow hammer at least once a week. :D

i can tell thats a 65 fuelie 327 365 hp just by looking at the pic :blink:

if i ever win gold lotto i'm buying a 67 BB roadster first up :mellow:

That's not actually his car - but his is the engine combo mentioned and it is all original matching numbers, etc...

I'll look into the Pactra line of colors before. I have no ability with an airbrush, and really don;t want to spend the $ and time to learn.