That screw looks huge, is it the right one? Generally you bent the screw a little bit so that it wouldn't back out. BTW nice runner beetle.

Thanks Shodog. I'm liking the Blackfoot! Very bling indeed :D

Well the screw came with everything else...

OK I can pretty much confirm that it absolutely will not fit :D I have spent a long time fiddling with it (ooo er) and I give up! Not sure what to do next.

I have made a few changes to mine but want to wait until the diff is sorted before updating with some more pics. I also need to get a set of shocks as I stupidly broke one when taking it off doh! I reverted to the original but they are not doing the job. Saying that though I think they look better than the previous ones I had. Hey ho on we go.

I originally had some grippy tires on my custom beetle but they were a bit too grippy so I went back to the originals for the same reasons - too many flips when cornering!

As for the wheels, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm waiting for Mike to come back to me now.....

I'm glad you liked the G1 part though :D Sure does look pretty.... :D

[note to others : I have a few black and reds left, but plenty gold; I might think about reducing the price a little if anyone is interested in gold]

Hello mooter.

How much are you sellings those parts for,please let me know thanks.

thats not a black foot !!!!! ..its a chrome foot ! lol... she looks real purdy .... :)

OK....so a few more pics. A couple of it (with my old shell) after I gave it a bashing. Bit dirty :)

In one of the muddy pics you can see where the battery connector came off. This resulted in heavy smoking and a burnt fingy.

Edit: Need to sort the wiring out and tidy up a little.

post-33040-1270323239_thumb.jpg

post-33040-1270323339_thumb.jpg

Look like proline moab's to me

Yup, Pro-Line Moab M3 Truck Tires. Need to put some lacky bands around the rims to keep them on though. No glue has kept them on after one run. The tyres are proper sticky. Left it on a table for a couple of days and when I went to lift it off the tyres had stuck like glue! Had to peal them off so now take the wheels off when its in the pits.

Thorp diff now in and running. I'm pretty amazed how much diff (sic) it makes ;)

So much more torque now! She fly's! Just about to attach a video camera and take her out for another blast and this time I should hopefully get some good footage. I think that was the first time I've completed a full run off road without any problems. I'll post anything worth watching...

Just took it out to measure top end speed. Did a few runs and averaged it out at 31.3mph. Quite happy with that to be honest! Reckon with a few more tweeks it could go a little quicker.

Got some camera footage still needing editing of it off road...

OK, so after looking at the footage there was very little that wasn't so shaky you could make out what it was! I've since reconnected the camera on a bed of foam and it makes all the difference. Just need to take it out on tarmac to show a fast run. This footage was on pretty bumpy ground as you'll see so it was impossible to get full speed as I ran out of space. The next clip should be pretty smooth as I'm going to attach the camera to the back and do another run off road which should hopefully capture some impressive rooster tails!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK5WFjRIHVo

New rear end.

.50 Caliber Customs rear arms, alu bumper with a bit of a bodge job as moved the front (after breaking it) to the back with the little help of a hack saw.

Couple of other bits on the way so more pics when (almost) finished.

Going through a complete rebuild with a few new bits.

Lost one of my Thorp dogbones when last out. Really need a replacement or pair of replacement dogbones. If anyone has or knows someone who has has one spare please get in touch. They're 45mm in total length. Kinda stuck until I find one.

Anyway here's a pic of current progress. I have everything I need to finish it except for the missing bone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/sjo...le/SH100395.jpg

Well, I have managed to find a dogbone. Not a Thorp unfortunately although I narrowly missed out on a couple of auctions on the bay. Picked one up for about £6. Should fit as it looks the same and is the right length so fingers crossed. This should arrive within the next couple of weeks and then it's all go to get my baby up and running again. Thanks again to Leethal Driver for trying to help me find the parts I needed.

I've got some nice looking new shocks and a few other bits so I'll post more pics at various stages of the build.

It begins again!

Most things together but a lot of tweaking needed. Oh and some better pics, taken in daylight...

post-33040-1297810846_thumb.jpg

post-33040-1297810852_thumb.jpg

post-33040-1297810861_thumb.jpg

post-33040-1297810867_thumb.jpg

Nice work there fella, glad you got the dogbone sorted :)

Next time I'm down that way visiting the folks I'll give you a shout and I'll bring my MB along.

Nice work there fella, glad you got the dogbone sorted ;)

Next time I'm down that way visiting the folks I'll give you a shout and I'll bring my MB along.

Thanks man. Yeah the dogbone was a mil or so longer than the Thorp one and also the pins were slightly shorter and fatter. Not much but enough to make it a snug fit although it runs fine.

Ha-ha that would be cool.

Obviously the chassis has been changed to the chrome one. The original red stock one had just about had it for all intensive purposes. It’s still usable but some of the threads have more or less gone in some places as well as cracks in others. I think I’m going to try and put another runner together and use it if possible after repairs.

The shocks were from a company called Kowloontown, and were shipped from Hong Kong. They’re not bad quality considering they were just over £10 for two pairs. They’ve got so much more strength in them compared to the previous ones I was using and of course match the decals and motor colour which is what I wanted.

The front bumper’s steel and was meant to fit the Sand Scorcher. This was from Hong Kong as well I think. Can’t say the making of this car has a particularly small carbon footprint! Various other parts have come from Oz, Spain, various parts of the States and a couple of other places in Europe and Asia.

I’ve reluctantly reverted back to the stock spiked tyres. Mainly because the Moab’s were stupidly grippy. Blatantly not designed for what I wanted them for, even though I loved the look of them They have the foam inserts from the Moab’s in them though. The wheels are held on by CRP Knock Off’s.

.50 Caliber Custom shock mounts. I’ve ditched the chassis brace because I’ve bolted things together pretty securely and it doesn’t have anywhere near as much give as before. That’s about it I think. Still running it with the Ezrun 9T brushless motor :angry: . Oh and I’ve added some mud flaps to the rear arches lol.

That's a superb Monster beetle you've got there mate, I love it, I would be afraid to run it if it was mine :) , Nice work!

I think that front bumper looks the business, far better than the standard plastic one.

I'm about to start rebuilding one of my beetles, I just hope it looks as good as yours when I finish it.

That's a superb Monster beetle you've got there mate, I love it, I would be afraid to run it if it was mine :unsure: , Nice work!

I think that front bumper looks the business, far better than the standard plastic one.

I'm about to start rebuilding one of my beetles, I just hope it looks as good as yours when I finish it.

Thanks for the comments! :D

Well I must admit it looked a little too clean and prissy ha-ha. I need to take it out and run it through it's paces again BUT...

I had a slight accident :)

I was trying out an old Futaba transmitter. I connected everything fine. Steering - check. Reverse - check. Forward - check. Stop!!! STOP! Fail. For some reason it didn't want to stop and went flat out into the living room wall. The shell nose came off along with a piece of the front mud guard and various other bits. Oh and I need to replace the front wishbone as it, and the bumper, are now at a 90 degree angle from where is supposed to be. Luckily I have a new spare but the shell will take a little more work. All I could do was laugh. It was that or cry.

Oh mate, that is bad news, I'm gutted for you :( Good luck with the rebuild though, I'm sure you will do a cracking job of it :)

Matt.

OK, after waiting a while for it to be made it has finally arrived;

photoqxa.jpg

Custom made Alu body B) It needs to be finished off a bit in terms of edges but nothing too much is needed.

I'm planing on leaving it bare apart from decals. Once it's on that's IT for this project lol.

OK nearly there.

Few adjustments to make like securing down the sun roof properly etc but...nearly there.

SH100045.jpg

SH100044.jpg

SH100043.jpg

SH100042.jpg