I love this car!

Chrome shell looks brilliant :o

Thats not chrome, it's made from hand beaten aluminium! The same person does a few bodies I know they do a landy and a F150, the shells collect dents just like real cars aswell. so cool

Cheers guys.

Yeah two years it's taken me to get to this point. The car itself has changed about four times during those two years and I now have enough spares to create another MB.

The body is very easliy dented so it took quite a bit of fiddling to get the glass in, headlights on etc without crushing it lol.

The whole thing is mint and I'm now reluctant to run it like I did before especially as it has a 9T brushless motor. Not sure what to do with her as I swore it wouldn't be a shelf queen! Um.

I'll post more pics when the shell is on.

The whole thing is mint and I'm now reluctant to run it like I did before especially as it has a 9T brushless motor. Not sure what to do with her as I swore it wouldn't be a shelf queen! Um.

Shelf it and build another for running !

Shelf it and build another for running !

I would be a hypocrite though! Maybe I should sell it to someone who'd like it on their shelf?!

Very nice job with your MB there mate!

If you want something that's kinda the polar opposite to ShoDogs pristine beauty, then check out this old beater:

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSC_0247-1.jpg

It's got the gearbox and front arms of a King Blackfoot / Bush Devil, which is the much sturdier edition of the ORV chassis running gear. Only realy difference is a slightly wider track, but the beefier gearbox setup means it'll cope with a 8.5T EZrun brushless and 2S LiPo without having to spend oodles of cash on Thorp or CRP bits n pieces. With that setup it's more than fast enough, and the extra torque means it spends a good deal of its run time with the front wheels flapping about in the air.

Maybe get hold of an old BD or KBF (usually a fair few of em about - I picked mine up as a non runner from Ebay for £20; it was only the Reciever that was duff, and the body shell was trashed) and make yourself a King Devil Beetle?

@SteelRat;

Very nice job with your MB there mate!

If you want something that's kinda the polar opposite to ShoDogs pristine beauty, then check out this old beater:

It's got the gearbox and front arms of a King Blackfoot / Bush Devil, which is the much sturdier edition of the ORV chassis running gear. Only realy difference is a slightly wider track, but the beefier gearbox setup means it'll cope with a 8.5T EZrun brushless and 2S LiPo without having to spend oodles of cash on Thorp or CRP bits n pieces. With that setup it's more than fast enough, and the extra torque means it spends a good deal of its run time with the front wheels flapping about in the air.

Maybe get hold of an old BD or KBF (usually a fair few of em about - I picked mine up as a non runner from Ebay for £20; it was only the Reciever that was duff, and the body shell was trashed) and make yourself a King Devil Beetle?

Thanks mate. Almost finished so I'll post some pics of the final setup asap.

Some nice pictures there matey and some good suggestions. I'm gonna have to go through my spares bag and fish out what's useful so I can see what I'd need.

@backtomyroots;

Tempting :) .

You couldn't afford it ;);)

Only kidding mate. I'd never make back close to what I've spent on it let alone the time I've put in. I gave up working out the cost when it nearly got to 1k :o

Thanks again for the comments guys. More pics to follow...

Few more pics;

sh100011.jpg

sh100014z.jpg

sh100013.jpg

Not sure what to do with it now! Seriously might sell it and do something else from scratch again :)

A swap for cash? :(

Er, to be honest probably not but I'm interested in what it would be...

Well I've got loads of stuff so I guess it depends if there is anything your after.

I sold my MB about a year ago but would love another one.

The shell is awesome by the way.

I can't really warrant spending any money at the moment but what were you looking to sell for?

Well I've got loads of stuff so I guess it depends if there is anything your after.

I sold my MB about a year ago but would love another one.

The shell is awesome by the way.

I can't really warrant spending any money at the moment but what were you looking to sell for?

TBH the MB is the only Tamiya car I know anything about. I quite like another truck/off roader though.

Thanks mate. The shell isn't perfect though and I had a mare getting the windows in etc and it's still not quite right!

That's a tricky question! I know I'll not get back what I've spent on it that's for sure. I did a quick calculation for what I'd get if I stripped in down and sold it and I'm sure I could get over £500 doing it that way, probably more. I've also got two boxes of spares, nearly enough to build another car including ESC, motor, 6600mAh batteries etc.

would you sell the spares for a project?

What would be needed?

I think I'd keep some for use on this one but not most. I would have to go through them all to see what would also be required. All the other parts have been used as this was a runner.

*BUMP*

Shameless bump. I decided not to sell this after all the work went in but now I've changed my mind. This would be a sale for EVERY spare part/charger/batteries etc I have, and of course the car. That would be a pretty large box of stuff. I will list each component later but I believe a lot of it is already listed through the thread.

Two years to make and countless hours spent. The car is in mint condition.

I may end up stripping it down and selling each part seperatly as I'd probably get more for it that way but would rather it went all in one hit.

Price wise? Offers :)