Sign in to follow this  
oldie

2010 Ss What Parts Are Same As Original

Now that these are out there, exactly what parts are the same as the old one, particlularly mirrors, exhaust and licence plates. Also all you people running them are you going to sell your spare rear lamp lenses??

Now that these are out there, exactly what parts are the same as the old one, particlularly mirrors, exhaust and licence plates. Also all you people running them are you going to sell your spare rear lamp lenses??

The mirrors and license plates are different. I assume the exhaust is identical, but not 100% sure on that one.

What I know:

Wheels and tyres

Exaustpipe

Driver

Steering rods

servosaver

Gearcase

probably more but... this is what i think

Badboy

What I know:

Wheels and tyres

Exaustpipe

Driver

Steering rods

servosaver

Gearcase

probably more but... this is what i think

Badboy

Hmmm. I guess we need to define "the same". I do not think there are many parts that are 100% identical. Usually there are some stamp, a drilled hole, or another difference, that makes us able to see if its a rere part or not.

For example, camlock + springs, steering rods, servo saver spring and antenna appears to be 100% identical.

hmmm

the exhaust is the same

driver

sunroof is but you can see the filled in arial hole on the underside

the windows, light lenses ect

i think the nose cone is the same

vw badge and front lights

wheels and tyres

radio box

the shell is obviously different

mirrors

number plates (what a shame they are not original style!)

dampers

front arms

main chassis

front body post

Thanks for all that info.Pity about the mirrors, how do they differ?

Hmmm..... the mirrors. Thats all i need too for a complete original. Thing is you pay up to 30 quid for a set and they dont really put up the value of the model itself! Id like to know the difference too but im sure a lot of restorers will now opt for RR ones as the orig are not really cost effective. Would love feedback on this.

the originals are delicate little items mounted on a small bracket, fitted with tiny fitting holes,

the re res are chunky looking and have a large mounting hole that you push the end of the mirror through and hold it on with a rubber o ring.

Hmmm..... the mirrors. Thats all i need too for a complete original

You can always buy the repro's.

Can someone confirm if the nosecone is the same? I need to fit one to an original shell.....

I would be interested in buying the someone's unused tail light lenses; I'd also happily trade for my originals that have been painted.

I've already got polished metal repros, does any one make them closer to the originals, if not would it be possible to use the visible part of the rere mirror and alter the mounting or are the completely different?

I'd say the gearbox is different, as you can't fit a modern RS540 into a Scorcher gearbox. The Superchamp's motor "orifice" was enlarged and you can get some modern motors in there, including the current 540 but when you do, the holes in the cap for the wires don't line up so there are some changes there for certain.

I've already got polished metal repros, does any one make them closer to the originals, if not would it be possible to use the visible part of the rere mirror and alter the mounting or are the completely different?

They are completely different.B)

They look pretty good, anyone used them, are they resin or plastic??

Yes, me.

They are great, same shape as originals. Needs a little sanding though.

I did put some chrome-tape on mine, and from a short distance they look ace!

Those mirrors look like cast resin, made using a 2 part mould, hence the flashing that needs to be sanded, was thinking of making some of those myself at some point but I have plenty of other things to be doing lol.

Now if only someone made a batch of them and sent them to Loaded for chroming they would be ace for the vintage SS guys out there.

Cheers

Those mirrors look like cast resin, made using a 2 part mould, hence the flashing that needs to be sanded, was thinking of making some of those myself at some point but I have plenty of other things to be doing lol.

Now if only someone made a batch of them and sent them to Loaded for chroming they would be ace for the vintage SS guys out there.

Cheers

Can I be first in line?

I've used other bits from RCGrabBag made from the same stuff - needs a little work with wet and dry, but they're fine. And once sprayed should look perfect.