Sign in to follow this  
TIMtam

New Tt-01 Motors?

Hi, I have just built my Tamiya tt01 nissan gt-r and am very impressed. i have installed the alloy drive shaft due to previous experience of wobble.

I put in one of my spare GT Tuned motors but im looking to upgrade. I have a Super Stock RZ in my Tamya DF03 Dark impact, but i fancy something a bit quicker for my TT01.

Ive been looking at the Tamiya Super Modified 11t motor and an Mtroniks RV11 Speed Controller and was wondering if anyone else had used this combo and how well it runs?

i am also interested in finding out how quick this motor is as there seems to be a lack of videos of it on youtube? (Also if there are any alternatives?)

Hope someone can help me :-)

Thanks

Mike

Hi, I have just built my Tamiya tt01 nissan gt-r and am very impressed. i have installed the alloy drive shaft due to previous experience of wobble.

I put in one of my spare GT Tuned motors but im looking to upgrade. I have a Super Stock RZ in my Tamya DF03 Dark impact, but i fancy something a bit quicker for my TT01.

Ive been looking at the Tamiya Super Modified 11t motor and an Mtroniks RV11 Speed Controller and was wondering if anyone else had used this combo and how well it runs?

i am also interested in finding out how quick this motor is as there seems to be a lack of videos of it on youtube? (Also if there are any alternatives?)

Hope someone can help me :-)

Thanks

Mike

Get a cheap brushless system you will not be dissapointed.

hi thanks for your response

i have looked at brushless, but the rpm of them are no different to my tamiya rz motor at 27,500rpm. is there a reason for this?

whereas the 11t super modified motor is 38,000rpm.

tbh i dont want to use li-po as i already have plenty of 7.2v ni-cd batteries

will a brushless system be quicker than brushed on 7.2v batteries even tho the rpm is the same??

hope you can help

will a brushless system be quicker than brushed on 7.2v batteries even tho the rpm is the same??

Brushless systems work on Kv so if you get a 6000Kv motor with a 7.2V battery that will make 43200RPM

Brushless systems work on Kv so if you get a 6000Kv motor with a 7.2V battery that will make 43200RPM

ive been looking at the carson dragster sport 10T brushless system which is 3800kv so with this being 27500rpm, would i be right in saying that it would be no quicker than a 27500rpm brushed motor?

ive been looking at the carson dragster sport 10T brushless system which is 3800kv so with this being 27500rpm, would i be right in saying that it would be no quicker than a 27500rpm brushed motor?

Yes, it has more torque and it would be quicker than most brushed motors that has the same RPMs (with few exeptions). A 10T brushless system will make your TT01 scream. Forget about the Tamiya 11T Super Mod, mine was about as fast as a 19T spec motor :( ...

Note, Tamiya brushed motors RPM's are exaggerated, put them on a dyno and you will be dissapointed. My 11T Super Mod was rebuilt and dynoed at 22,000+, far from 30,000+ .. My 27T Trinity Monster Cobalt (19,000 RPMs) has more speed than a Tamiya 23T Super Stock..

Just to elaborate on what highflyer said, the big buzz with brushless is brushless motor's have less reciprocating mass, being that all your winding's

are on the can instead of the armature, and the armature now has the magnet. Brushed motor's are usually only about 40-50% efficient, where as brushless motor can be anywhere from 80ish to near 100% for the top ones, this effectively gives you double the torque.

Also because of the efficiency, the brushless motor's generate far less heat (dont forget most of them are sealed cans too), less heat means you are able to get away with more gear ratio options, so if you size up your car's pinion or pinion/spur, you can go faster with the same Kv/rpm motor, plus you still have the monster torque to push it.

Then there's LiPo/LiFe, ni-cad's and niMh are usually only about a 10c discharge rate which restricts brushless, where as Lithium batteries can be bought at up to 35c+

Cliff notes:

Brushed + ni-cad/mh = yeahhh

Brushless + Ni-cad/mh = yeahhh, yeahhh

Brushless + more gear options = yeahhh yeahhh yeahhhh

Brushless + Lithium + more gear options = foaming at mouth

*disclaimer, foaming at mouth only added for dramatic effect, berman and associates will not be held accountable should you not emit bubbles from your pie-'ole. please read the instructions and only use as intended. Not to be taken internally.

Great post berman, thanks for clearing it up so everyone has a better understanding :huh:

Love the anology - "Brushless + LIPO + gear options = Foaming at the Mouth"