Sign in to follow this  
soane

King Blackfoot Rides Again

After a couple of weeks of fettling, it finally got ot go and play in the mud at the hands of a very excited young man (not me):

4376014858_afa9ea4f1a.jpg

After 5 -10 minutes of running, a few things became apparent, the rear tyres had to be CA'd onto the rims to stop them spinning around the rim, the kit dampers don't and it will go over anything! Unfortunately I'm the one who has to clean it.

Nice one - finished to filthy in less than 24 hours :(

Myself, the first things I noticed about KBF handling were 1) how badly it needs a wheely bar, and 2) the supertanker-like turning circle on full lock & full throttle, with the outside wheel not turning inwards very far at all, and the inner wheel oscillating from full lock to straight ahead ... just you wait for a dry day & a smaller running area :D

Ha, ha I agree about the steering, watching it turn I was convinced the inside wheel was coming off.The paint is looking pretty good, although I have told him to keep it off hte tarmac for the time being.

Nice king.

I have a NIB Super Blackfoot and my heart wants to get it all dirty, but my brain tells me..... "no stupid"

LMAO....

Well today my waterproof Modelsport ESC turned up and I called in at TOP Models for a cheap 21 turn motor and got an Ansmann model. I know what you're thinking, but like Dave said, if it goes pop I can always get a replacement. Now for seven quid, my son has got a truck that goes just that little bit quicker, and with the receiver in a Tamiya balloon he can run it anywhere. And he is well pleased.