theshopkeeper

Ansmann Kits & Rtr - Reduced - Limited Time

FORTY QUID for a Mad Rat!!!

You'll be doing a deal with Kellogs and including them with packets of Corn Flakes next!

Well I was a little dubious how anything that cheap could be any good, but reading around I've seen nothing but positive feedback for it, and to be honest I'd have thought at that price, you can't really go wrong - especially for a basher.

I just really love the wholesome goodness of Corn Flakes B)

Being serious, it's a fair point. When you look at the spec (ball diff, slipper, oil shocks) it is good. I have read negative reports of Ansmann cars but it's all relative to the owner. There are people who love the Avante and people who don't love the Avante - doesn't make any it better or worse car than it is. I have seen the Mad Rat up close and it is certainly not rubbish but it ain't great either.

Regards the price. It's only £47 not discounted and if they don't sell well at that price are they going to sell well at £40? Either way, yes, it looks a great price for a basher.

Actually, we ought to take this discussion to another thread as The Shopkeeper only started this to make people aware of the price and I certainly don't want to spoil the thread as I've done good business with Time Tunnel and intend to do so in the future.

Go for it and get one. Let us know what it's like and if it's good bashing material I'll take the plunge!

We've got rid of the excess on the Mad Rat, but there's plenty of the rest still to go. It's not that they don't sell, we just got in a double delivery late in the year which was OK whilst we had two shops running but now we're back down to one, it's a bit much stock.

Feel free to post your thoughts about the cars on this thread - they do get a very mixed reaction (although no more than other brands tbh).

(By the way, Corn Flakes give you constipation and make you look like this > :lol: - no fibre in them, you're better off with a bowl of porridge :P

We've got rid of the excess on the Mad Rat, but there's plenty of the rest still to go. It's not that they don't sell, we just got in a double delivery late in the year which was OK whilst we had two shops running but now we're back down to one, it's a bit much stock.

Feel free to post your thoughts about the cars on this thread - they do get a very mixed reaction (although no more than other brands tbh).

(By the way, Corn Flakes give you constipation and make you look like this > :lol: - no fibre in them, you're better off with a bowl of porridge :P

Amazing... Olly has a preference for Corn Flakes, whilst I enjoy a bowl of Jordans Traditional Chunky Oat Porridge. Is this the only deciding factor as to whether or not Ansmann cheapness is appreciated or not?

Looking forward to mine being delivered :D

Amazing... Olly has a preference for Corn Flakes, whilst I enjoy a bowl of Jordans Traditional Chunky Oat Porridge. Is this the only deciding factor as to whether or not Ansmann cheapness is appreciated or not?

Looking forward to mine being delivered :D

Can't stand porridge myself - maybe its the years of excessively hot curries and/or smoking, but I think I might as well be eating a bowl of hot water for all the taste it has :)

Sorry to dismiss your theory - but I prefer cornflakes - and I ordered a Mad Rat myself yesterday :)

Edit - though I'd rather have Weetabix really ...