stewbaru

For Sale - Bnib Fast Attack Vehicle (fav)

As described, I have a Brand New in Box Fast Attack Vehicle, FAV, Kit #58046 circa 1985.

Tamiyaclubs description ----http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=46

Box is in excellent condition, slight depression marks at top corners but otherwise OK.

Some slight discolouration is evident in the white of the cover only. Original tape still on top and bottom sections.

It was cellophane wrapped when previous owner confirmed contents as intact. I have opened box and confirm all contents present, blister packs are undamaged, it even smells new. The contents are in untouched condition.

I am looking for AUD$700 or best offer.

The kit is located in Perth Australia 6107.

Postage will be at buyers expense, I will do all I can to protect contents.

Check my ebay feedback user: stewballs250

Feel free to PM for pics if required. I'll do what I can to oblige.

For those who don't remember, box looks like this (not the actual box)

101306.jpg

regards Stew.

PS Sorry, not open to trades, am at my 6 car maximum.

As described, I have a Brand New in Box Fast Attack Vehicle, FAV, Kit #58046 circa 1985.

I am looking for AUD$1400 or best offer.

Mate, thats a bit steep I think. FAV's NIB are probably worth $600 maximum.....and thats if you're very lucky.

AU $1400.00 :lol:

Paid BIN US$535.00 for a NIB late last year from a well known ebay seller .

Good Luck :P

AU $1400.00 :lol:

Paid BIN US$535.00 for a NIB late last year from a well known ebay seller .

Good Luck :P

Gee, thanks guys. Effectively you close the sale by telling all that its too much. Well done. A pm would have done just as well.

Ad does say OBO, if its $600 then so be it.

Swarm, you yourself said in your post that you were lucky to get it for USD$535 (which could be AUD600-850 depending on the day).

To the general populace, This sale is or best offer, make an offer as to what you think its worth, if I don't get 1400 (or near it) so be it.

Cheers.

BTW have seen these sell for USD1100 in the past 12 months and when I posted for 750 on RCTech was told "its too cheap". Heh, I don't have to sell it.....

Box is in excellent condition, slight depression marks at top corners but otherwise OK.

Some slight discolouration is evident in the white of the cover only. Original tape still on top and bottom sections.

Box is sealed in cellophane whcih split due to air pressure in cargo hold.

It was cellophane wrapped when previous owner confirmed contents as intact. I have not even opened the box.

Feel free to PM for pics if required. I'll do what I can to oblige.

For those who don't remember, box looks like this (not the actual box)

101306.jpg

• Box is in excellent condition, slight depression marks at top corners but otherwise OK.
  • I have not even opened the box.
  • It was cellophane wrapped when previous owner confirmed contents as intact. I have not even opened the box.

Not meaning to sound suspicious, but you are selling a box with 'depression' marks without verifying that the contents are undamaged by whatever caused the 'depressions'?

If the previous seller put the cellophane on, then it adds nothing to the value so you may as well take it off and confirm the condition of the contents.

The guys posting above do know what they're on about, as does the seller who's picture you've used - and if he's advertising at around $700 Au plus shipping, then that's probably about right.

Gee, thanks guys. Effectively you close the sale by telling all that its too much. Well done. A pm would have done just as well.

Ad does say OBO, if its $600 then so be it.

Swarm, you yourself said in your post that you were lucky to get it for USD$535 (which could be AUD600-850 depending on the day).

To the general populace, This sale is or best offer, make an offer as to what you think its worth, if I don't get 1400 (or near it) so be it.

Cheers.

BTW have seen these sell for USD1100 in the past 12 months and when I posted for 750 on RCTech was told "its too cheap". Heh, I don't have to sell it.....

Hi.

Didnt realise we let the cat out of the bag isnt honesty the best policy ?.

I was lucky if you read my fav showroom entry you will see that the kit the year before was selling for AUD.

$900.00 (Poor kit ,fading,crushed,torn).

$1200.00 (Solid kit,not crushed,torn).

$1400.00 (Mint kit,not faded,crushed,torn,basically put in an vault for the last 26 years).

That was back then this particular kit has dropped in price because of the financial situation or some other reason,now this kit is worth about $600.00-$700.00 thats just the way it is.

This kit was released in 1984 model #46 and back then it cost in Australia $99.00 for a NIB with the current CPI the price of today is more realistic.

Sorry can't really comment on RCTECH rarely use it.

Hold onto it perhaps they could go up again barring a re re from mr "T" .

Put it on ebay people will only pay what it's worth.

Maybe sell one of your other kits it might be worth more .

Why not put pictures up of your fav so people get the real feel for the kit so to speak ?.

Anyways good luck with it :lol:

Stuart.

I'm not trying to sound hard done by.

I just put this thing up with a starting price to see what I could get. Given the GFC, current market conditions etc, it appears its not worth 1400, I'm ok with this. As I previously said, I am still open to offers.....

Re depression marks, maybe some clarification is in order. There are slight deformations in the corner of the box where the centre of the box has sagged in time. Its the same bowing you get if you push into the centre of a box of cornflakes.

By commenting on the creasing, I was just trying to be honest and paint a complete picture. I will get some pictures up tonight of the actual box and 'deformed corners' and potential buyers can again be the judge.

By Swarms definition, this kit is "solid, not crushed, torn"

Any feedback is good feedback.

Re AUD99 in '84, I bought my original FAV over the counter with radio etc, 1986, set me back $420, with a DASH2 radio and hump pack!!!

Re AUD99 in '84, I bought my original FAV over the counter with radio etc, 1986, set me back $420, with a DASH2 radio and hump pack!!!

Yup AUD $99.00 for the kit back in 1984/1985 I purchased my first FAV back in 1985 for AUD $99.00 from Uncle Pete's in Blacktown off the pallet in the front of the shop they had just arrived .

Yeap. We all get ripped off when new to the hobby. I paid $499 for a TA03F Subaru WRC when it was the current model from the local D1ck Smith electronics shop. Kit+Radio+1400 Ni-Cd+(useless) Toy Traders 12v timed charger. I paid about $200 more than they sold for as a package deal from the Brisbane hobby shops. But it's not until after you've bought it you find out you were taken for a ride.

Edited Ad.

Box opened all parts confirmed as included.

Need to sell this folks..........

I will offer 600 Australian Dollars including shipping for it. Cash waiting. Shipping should cost about $70AU or so.

Best of luck

Paul

I will offer 600 Australian Dollars including shipping for it. Cash waiting. Shipping should cost about $70AU or so.

Best of luck

Paul

Mate,

Seamail for 5kgs (weight guesstimate) is AUD$62.80, anything else starts at AUD$130+.

700+ postage and its yours, any less and I am literally giving it away.

Otherwise, there is always ebay, and mine can collect dust on my shelf... LMK.

For now it would seem mine is still the 'BO' :lol:

Paul.

For now it would seem mine is still the 'BO' :)

Paul.

As may be mate, but I haven't heard from you re my counter offer, so its still for sale.

FYI, I had a similar offer locally from a different forum, I didn't accept his either. :lol:

Stew.