Cooltoys

Wild One Build...

Finally started builiding the Wild one i have been keeping for a while.. Any comments are appreciated...Feb212010215.jpg

Feb212010208.jpg

Finally started builiding the Wild one i have been keeping for a while.. Any comments are appreciated...Feb212010215.jpg

Feb212010208.jpg

Really must finish the new-build I started 18 months ago. I got it to a rolling chassis and sprayed the (genuine) shell but just couldn't bring myself to cut it out in case I messed up that nasty sharp corner at the base of the 'screen pillars as badly as I did on my first one 23 years ago!

I've got my fingers tightly crossed that they re-re this kit (with the re-re Frog driveshafts) so I can go vintage racing properly, I did race my "runner" WO at a meet a couple of years ago but mechanical sympathy prevented me from giving it the full beans over some of the jumps, it was great fun.

I'd sell all my current RC stuff just so I could get my hands on a Wild one.

Dont do that! I have finally got one my self, well a FAV but I am rebuilding it slowly.

To the OP, Great start take it slow, enjoy it and have fun!

Dont do that! I have finally got one my self, well a FAV but I am rebuilding it slowly.

Frog/Blackfoot stuff has been nostalgic fun but I think it's time to move on. I'm building up a King Blackfoot as a Frog. Sounds weird but it's been fun trying to make everything work even if it's not suppose to work that way. But yeah... I'd really want a Wild One if I could.

Looks great sofar, and rest assured, they really DO make great runners. ;) I run a Tamiya Superstock RZ in mine, and its plenty fast, LOL.. I have just fitted a set of re-re Rough Rider wheels and tires with alloy covers now, and it improves handling by miles, compared to the stock wheels, which are really no good for running at all. :)

Have you joined the Wild One SIG yet? If not, be sure to do so please. :D

Cheers..

Michael

i love this car.. they look so awesome, i've nearly finished rebuilding and re-painting mine.. will post an update now methinks :)

if you are worried about the body cut out then you can always buy a repro one on ebay.. they arent quite as sharp in bends and detail.. but they do the job just fine and you struggle to notice the difference ( i think the original might fit a tiny bit better )

see the blue one is a non-orig :D

P1010160.jpg

Have you joined the Wild One SIG yet? If not, be sure to do so please. :D

what is the SIG ??? pardon my ignorance, it must be obvious yet i cant work it out :)

Assembled the gearbox & rear axles today.. :rolleyes:

Have to sign up to use the showroom if you would like..