Sign in to follow this  
Sideways-King

New Permanent Race Track Venue In The Midlands

Hi TamiyaClub friends,

I wanted to share with you this new venue I visited today in the midlands near to Derby and Ashby-de-la-Zouch. This is a new permanent RC track with pit area including electric points, cafe, small spares shop, kiddies TV room and ample parking. Whilst it is a race venue Tuesday night, Friday night and Sunday, during the day and all day Saturday it is an arrive and drive to run any of your electric RC cars which I thought would be perfect for those who run there cars on their own wanting to meet new friends or those who want to try club racing but didn't want the pressures of the unknown on the night. It is a very relaxed and laid back affair and costs £5 for 4 hours or £10 all day. We've just comeback and it is well worth a visit.

I have uploaded a YouTube movie here which is not intended to be a close up of the racing cars but to wet your appetite for the track and venue itself.

Another thought is that they hire out and all the talk of a TamiyaClub get together could be a great little undercover affair.

www.ardentracing.com

img17920_27022010164825_1.jpg

img17920_27022010164825_2.jpg

img17920_27022010164825_3.jpg

img17920_27022010164825_4.jpg

Thats my car at the front!! Trust me to be leading when we're stationary!

img17920_27022010164825_5.jpg

Im from the Midlands so see you there. You can count me in, might have a drive down there sometime this month with the family and check it out.

Is there any rule about fast brushless motor's ??, is there a limit??

No rules at all on an open day. There were Touring cars, 1/12ths and Buggies all sharing the same track time. It's a real nice atmosphere. I ran both 10.5T and 9T brushless systems today and whilst it flew down the back straights there were some alot quicker down that straight than mine.

No rules at all on an open day. There were Touring cars, 1/12ths and Buggies all sharing the same track time. It's a real nice atmosphere. I ran both 10.5T and 9T brushless systems today and whilst it flew down the back straights there were some alot quicker down that straight than mine.

Thats great, thanks for posting this,well chuffed about this, will def pop down one weekend with a couple of my 1/10 mamba max buggies :) , it may at long last get my wife interested, you never know !

Be great If we could set a meet date, awesome !

I was there today, not running anything tho as I dont really do on-road. But I used to race with the owner and his best mate (who was there as well) in the early 90`s and it was good to see them and quite a few other people who I know. Its a great venture and I hope John and his staff of volunteers get this kicked off.

I was there today, not running anything tho as I dont really do on-road. But I used to race with the owner and his best mate (who was there as well) in the early 90`s and it was good to see them and quite a few other people who I know. Its a great venture and I hope John and his staff of volunteers get this kicked off.

igbandy - a fellow tammie :huh: Im from your neck of the woods mate, "wincut" of all places, typically found in that stinky factory next to morrisons being some sorta maintenance man, apologies if you take the shortcut across the top of our yard and that big black hilux is in your way... thats mine lol. Might see ya around mate & praps pop round to that course if i get some spare time and works not giving me grief

igbandy - a fellow tammie :huh: Im from your neck of the woods mate, "wincut" of all places, typically found in that stinky factory next to morrisons being some sorta maintenance man, apologies if you take the shortcut across the top of our yard and that big black hilux is in your way... thats mine lol. Might see ya around mate & praps pop round to that course if i get some spare time and works not giving me grief

What was Commando cleaning by any chance?

I work in Kettlebrook, and live the other side of Town.