Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumXRC

What Parts Are These?

This looks like some kind of electric motor clutch pinion drive

EBS005.jpg

This is a spline 12mm hex drive.

EBS006.jpg

Not sure what size hex drive this spline drive is.

EBS008.jpg

The bottom two pictures are of wheel and bevel gear hexes for a clod buster

clutch pinion could be off an old AYK Hirobo etc... its quite small ya? just looks different being blown up so big

The bottom two pictures are of wheel and bevel gear hexes for a clod buster

Isn't that 12mm spline hex drive from the TB01 chassis LA Arms set? My TB01 has the Long Arms Set fitted and has narrow spline hex drives on it. As it's a touring/rally car they are 12mm, and they have the offset ring on one side...

Isn't that 12mm spline hex drive from the TB01 chassis LA Arms set? My TB01 has the Long Arms Set fitted and has narrow spline hex drives on it. As it's a touring/rally car they are 12mm, and they have the offset ring on one side...

The offset ring is on both sides of the hex.

First picture is of a kyosho slipper clutch setup..

this was a first attempt at making a slipper setup to save the first generation ball differentials. Kyosho marketed it with different pinion sizes.

Problems were the pinions were made of soft steel and wore out very fast, faster then the plastic clutches.

and you were very limited on pinion choices. even numbered teeth were easier to find then odd numbered.

it also required a special gear cover to be used, there was a separate one for the old ultima gear boxes.

It didn't catch on and eventually kyosho like everyone else moved the slipper to the spur gear.

Wow! That answers most of my questions. all but: What do I do with these? I have 10 tooth X 2 sets, 12 tooth X 2 sets, and 18 tooth X 2 sets.