Sign in to follow this  
DJ NEW

Blackfoot Dilemma

Hi

This is a bit of strange question to ask but bear with me.

I have recently rediscovered my Tamiya Blackfoot 46016 which has been up in my parents loft for the last 20 years. It is totally original, still boxed and in very, very good condition (even the box is perfect), After I overhauled it this weekend,regreasing the gearbox etc, I carefully took it out at the weekend to enjoy it with my young sons. My dilemma is, I want more power etc, rather than modifying such an original item, would I be better off selling it to a collector and buying a well modified later version - or should I just go ahead and start modifying ? Darren

That's the Quick Drive 1/14th version?. Probably not a lot you can do to modifying that without going the who hog.

Totally up to you, but I can't see the harm in making your rc the way you want it, because it's for you to enjoy the way you want to.

Yes it is the Quick Drive 1/14th version,I guess the deciding factor should be, how much would my Blackfoot could sell for now - against what I need to spend on it for more power etc , Has anyone got any ideas what it would sell for ?

... Has anyone got any ideas what it would sell for ?

Looking at eBay (completed sales & current listings) for comparison, it might go for as much as £75.