Sign in to follow this  
walawala_com

Midnight Pumpkin Enquiry

Hi members,

I tried to use the SEARCH function but didn't help.

Please advise the Part #'s of Tamiya Chrome Rollbar & Chrome Wheel Set for the Midnight Pumpkin.

I have never seen these items on catalog. Any other Tamiya hop ups for the Midnight Pumpkin?

Thanx

Joaquim

maybe the parts that you are after are not Tamiya parts but some third party? The online parts list for the pumpkin defintately has a part number for the rollbar, I just checked but I think this is probably the standard black one not chrome.

Chris

As for the chrome Rollbar maybe is he talking about the clob buster one which is compatible as far as I can remember?

Raoul

As far as I know the Clod Buster rollbar is compatible with the Pumkin, as other topics pointed out already... As a standard it comes (according to the guidebook) with a black roll bar with chrome spots, the same as on my mates Pumkin.

The chrome wheels set might be the one from the King Blackfoot, which are compatible with the Pumpkin as long as use use hex hubs in rear (and not the 'Rough Rider' type, which is standard on the MP / LB ). I hope this helps... [:)]

The clod buster chrome roll bar is compatible. I have one on my pumpkin. The only chrome plastic wheels I know of are made by Imex. There were also aluminum wheels made by See's and TMS.

The blackfoot wheels are 2.2 size. The Pumpkin wheels are 2.0.

Jim

Thanx for all the info.

this is what I won :

http://' target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2565&item=3114993369

The chrome wheel set I am sure is from Tamiya, but as you guys have said may be for blackfoot, just need a hex adaptor. The wheel set is around 32.00(4). I wasn't fast enough last time.

I want to know the number so that I can order some from Japan for my Ebay items.

Thanx for all the advise

Joaquim

I thought the King Blackfoot wheels are just as big as Pumpkin wheels! [:o]

Yes, the pumpkin tires/wheels seems lower, but I thought that was only because the MP wheels are wider, streching out the tires falttening them... Oh well, you learn every day... [:)]

You could as well mount the wheels (and wheelhubs) and add KBF tires to it as well... [;)]

Sjoerd, the pumpkin wheels are indeed wider, but they are shorter as well, being only 2.0" rather than 2.2". Some of the truck wheels will fit on the 2.0 rims as they need to be stretched to get onto the 2.2, but I have pleny of tires that swim on the lb wheels, but fit nicely on 2.2's.

The clod rollbar, part#9335041, is still available at tower for $4.29:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...041&FVPROFIL=++

-Anthony

quote:
Originally posted by Sjoerd

I thought the King Blackfoot wheels are just as big as Pumpkin wheels! [
:o
]

Yes, the pumpkin tires/wheels seems lower, but I thought that was only because the MP wheels are wider, streching out the tires falttening them... Oh well, you learn every day... [
:)
]

You could as well mount the wheels (and wheelhubs) and add KBF tires to it as well... [
;)
]

id="quote">id="quote">

The package of these chrome wheels comes in tight package of 4pcs with Tamiya header card. I have seen twice on Ebay and sure about this.

About the Clod roll bar, I think it is something alike but clod has 5 lights while the pumpkin has 3 lights only.

Thanx for all advises

Joaquim Assis

The rollbars are exactly the same, the difference is what is bolted to the top of it in each kit. The light bar included with the clod has 5 lights, while the MP one has only 3, but the rollbar under the light bar is interchangeable.

-Anthony

quote:
Originally posted by walawala_com

About the Clod roll bar, I think it is something alike but clod has 5 lights while the pumpkin has 3 lights only.

id="quote">id="quote">

The XB Mad Bull has chrome wheels which are the right size. The fronts will fit straight on, but the rears are hex drive, so you would have to find a suitable adaptor. They're a bit more reinforced than the (slightly fragile) Pumpkin ones too.

quote:
Originally posted by retro

The XB Mad Bull has chrome wheels which are the right size. The fronts will fit straight on, but the rears are hex drive, so you would have to find a suitable adaptor. They're a bit more reinforced than the (slightly fragile) Pumpkin ones too.

id="quote">id="quote">

XB Mad Bull wheels = Wild Willy 2 wheels

That auction is for a stock clodbuster rollbar. The blackfoot and MP rollbars are the same physical dimensions, but without the chrome plating. I dug out my spare NIP blackfoot/mp rollbar to compare side by side with the one mounted on my clod, and they are the same.

Take a look at the online instructions to see that each kit does something different with the basic bar.

The clod puts a second vertical bar up front and a 5-light lightbar, while the pumpkin has 3 lights directly attached to the rollbar(no lightbar)

They are interchangeable, but as far as I know the accessories for the clod rollbar are only available in chrome, so it would look kinda funny with a black base, however teh MP which came in black would look better(IMHO)with chrome.

-Anthony

Anthony,

That's a stock Clod rollbar??? OMG...

I have just bought 2 pcs for 27.50. That sounds expensive if it is a Clod Rollbar.