94eg!

Trf 2wd...

Here's hoping. Competitive 2WD buggy has been missing from the Tamiya line-up for too long.

The DT02MS is a fun buggy, but is in no way competitive.

Those shock towers and the body shapes (as far as those can be seen) really seem like they could be from Tamiya indeed :lol: Please Tamiya, PLEASE!!!! Let this be a prototype for an upcoming production TRF 2WD buggy! :)

Satoshi san (pictured) is a TRF tester and Team driver, so maybe just maybe that is a prototype. Keep hope alive :lol:

The second pic shows a thick TAMIYA BLUE motor mount????

The TRF UK guy on Oople says he has one in testing right now. We should be seeing some stuff on it VERY soon...

Here's a video of it finishing second at one of the YATABE INTERNATIONAL OFF ROAD GP races just a couple days ago. It led the race for a decent amount of time as well...

I have a couple of older kyosho cars but basically I

only by tamiya,so if this is true this will be a great day.

losi, associated and kyosho step aside or be eaten alive!

we really need a serious 2wd but I hope the price is

competitive also so we can afford drive one.

skip

If this prototype makes it to production let's see if Tamiya can finally get it right by including hex screws, ball bearings and a hard coated pinion.

If this prototype makes it to production let's see if Tamiya can finally get it right by including hex screws, ball bearings and a hard coated pinion.

You can bet it will be the same steel 48 pitch pinions from the 501/511/DB01.

If the car has TRF in the name, you can bet it will include hex screws. Otherwise we may all get "screwed" again... lol

The TRF UK guy on Oople says he has one in testing right now. We should be seeing some stuff on it VERY soon...

Here's a video of it finishing second at one of the YATABE INTERNATIONAL OFF ROAD GP races just a couple days ago. It led the race for a decent amount of time as well...

Looking very good there :) Can I have it? :P

I would hope so much that this will be true! I am very sure Tamiya could make a lot of money with a TRF 2WD Buggy- people waited so long for such a car by Tamiya. I don´t care about the price. I want one ;-)

Satoshi san (pictured) is a TRF tester and Team driver, so maybe just maybe that is a prototype. Keep hope alive :P

Is Satoshi san the one on the far left?

Is Satoshi san the one on the far left?

He's the guy with the Tamiya shirt of course...

He's the guy with the Tamiya shirt of course...

Ah of course. Shame, he probably wouldn't look so good in a mini skirt and pair of PVC books.

Ah of course. Shame, he probably wouldn't look so good in a mini skirt and pair of PVC books.

Your confusing him with Hot Bodies ace Hara :)

Your confusing him with Hot Bodies ace Hara :D

dayum.jpg

I always wondered about that guy... :)

I always wondered about that guy... :)

I am BITING my tongue :D , I dont want to be banned from the site.....

It will be like the associated buggy, but costing almost twice as much :)

I'm still darn curious. Can't wait for more detailed photos.

Has my attention... :)

Not as asthectically pleasing as previous competitive 2wd buggies, but let's hope there's some race winning quality engineering inside...

Ohhh...this does look really interesting. I'd be really happy to see a competition Tamiya 2WD buggy. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee it'll be $100 more than a B4 if it ever comes out.

Has my attention... :)

Not as asthectically pleasing as previous competitive 2wd buggies, but let's hope there's some race winning quality engineering inside...

I think Nimrod Racing and Singapore_959 will know a way to get that rear gearbox on/into a Dyna Storm ;) No problems with the asthetics then! I will have to see more of the buggy and a plain one colour paintjob to make a conclusion on the bodyshell, but it does look like it will be a lot like the B4 and Losi cars driving around.

Nothing wrong with that as I was really hoping Tamiya would release something like this soon, but I think they could have taken the Cougar SV from Schumacher* as an inspiration for the shock towers... They are Carbon plates! :D Although the front shock tower from the Tamiya buggy looks way better than the RC10 one... It's got shape, crossing beams in the middle, lovely... No shapeless stuff I have to say, and the main goal, a tough construction.

*Besides the Carbon Shock Towers I think the Schumacher Buggy looks awful, although all the engineering on the chassis is pretty different from the current 2WD buggies, which shows there is willingness to take the risk for development of these buggies ;)

PS: I will try to enlarge and then sharpen up the pictures of the car ;) I already saw by just giving the image of the rear of the car a load of contrast that there seem to be vertical stripes (cool fins maybe?) on either the cover behind the motor or the motor itself, indicating that it wouldn't have a cover at all.

I will have to see more of the buggy and a plain one colour paintjob to make a conclusion on the bodyshell...

Here you go...

Tamiya-TRF-2WD-Prototype-Lee-Martin-1-475x308.jpg

Here is a link to someone's blog that was posted on oople. Tons of pics and quite a bit of info on the car.

http://rclazy.com/2010/03/12/tamiya-trf-2wd-buggy/

And a link to all his photos for that day in higher rez:

http://www.rosswhitelock-photography.co.uk...807949610_aFyih

- Moulded tub chassis

- Rear motor

- Front TRF dampers behind moulded front shock tower

- Rear TRF dampers behind moulded rear shock tower

- Rear wishbones from 511

- Rear hubs from 511

- Rear driveshafts NOT from 511

- Bearing in wheel front wheel fitment

- Cells down centre

- Servo in front of cells

- 511 steering rack

- Body clip wing mounting

- Moulded rear motor guard

- Slipper clutch

- 3 gear gearbox

- 511 type ball diff with geared pulley

IT'S THE REAL DEAL!!!

Bearing in wheel front wheel fitment

Does this mean the bearings are in the front wheel itself? If that's the case, I thought manufacturers are moving towards placing the front bearings in a hub (e.g. Kyosho and Losi style) so it's faster to change wheels?

Although the front shock tower from the Tamiya buggy looks way better than the RC10 one... It's got shape, crossing beams in the middle, lovely... No shapeless stuff I have to say, and the main goal, a tough construction.

The front ST looks like a miniaturized version of the Baja 5B's.

Anyway I wonder how much they're going to be selling this buggy for.

Looking at the result that the young TRF 'member' booked and the fact that they're now driving it in international races indicates that either:

- They are in the stage of development where they want to tweak the chassis by actually racing it, or

- They joined the race with the intention to receive publicity before their release.

I don't think that the car won't go into production like the post-Dyna Storm TRF prototype... If you look at the video you can see it's pretty stable, goes nice and quick and it uses race proven parts from the TRF511 - and it's typical Tamiya fashion to use parts on several chassis' for better spares availability and lower production costs.

...and it's typical Tamiya fashion to use parts on several chassis' for better spares availability and lower production costs.

I would say it's pretty atypical for Tamiya. They are best known for reinventing the wheel with every new chassis. It's taken them a LONG time to begin falling in line with industry standards.

Example: Why do they currently sell 5 different pinion pitches (0.4m 0.5m 0.6m 0.8m & 48p)? I'm betting they switch to 64p in their touring cars in a year or two just to cover all the bases... :)