94eg!

Trf 2wd...

I am estimating a sale/street price of $295 for the TRF201..

Taking into consideration the TRF416X and TRF511 are $450-$500.

It would be a realistic price compared to it's main rivals, as Tamiya is always a little higher in price than the rest :P

It would be a realistic price compared to it's main rivals, as Tamiya is always a little higher in price than the rest :P

...and Kyosho is always a little more than that. :P

Latest news...

Kit doesn't include body or wing. :P

Verdict is still out about wheels and tires, but I'm guessing no as well. I mean honestly, Tamiya acts like this car is gonna have so many options for bodies that people will want to pick their very first one. Please......this isn't a touring car. I'm betting just like the 511 and DB01, there will only be 1 or 2 that fit. Pretty dumb move. Wheels better be included.

According to one Tamiya USA employee, Tamiya USA is even working to get the kits packaged and shipped with a body and wing. Even they know this is a stupid decision...

I can't believe it - despite being a such a Tamiya and esp Tamiya 2wd fan

I would get the Cougar over this as it currently is. :o:D

;)

I can't believe it - despite being a such a Tamiya and esp Tamiya 2wd fan

I would get the Cougar over this as it currently is. :o:D

;)

You seem to be dazzled by the carbon, alloy and mid-motor. Advancment is very slow and gradual in 2WD. I would be warry of something so far removed from the norm. Give The Cougar a season or two to see how it does in the hands of a pro. I certainly wouldn't commit to something so different on it's first season out.

We already know the TRF201 will be a capable car...

You seem to be dazzled by the carbon, alloy and mid-motor. Advancment is very slow and gradual in 2WD. I would be warry of something so far removed from the norm. Give The Cougar a season or two to see how it does in the hands of a pro. I certainly wouldn't commit to something so different on it's first season out.

We already know the TRF201 will be a capable car...

I'm not buying anything in this price range at the moment, and I understand what you're saying but at that price I want to be a bit more dazzled than grey plastic. Somehow the Dyna just had more soul to me. But I am well pleased Tamiya has something that will shine the brand brightly at the top level.

I look forward to nice picts of cool paint schemes on owners cars soon!

:-)

I would have liked to see something full of shiny Carbon as well but the more i read and the more i drive my DB01R i begin find the reinforced plastic tubs pretty too :D

Seriously i have never thought the Baldre could look that grat when painted nicely and with different decals. Tamiya seems to get their Buggy decal design as ugly as it can be at the moment.

Personally i also think it is stupid to release the TRF201 without body, wing and wheels but this won´t be a reason for to not buy the kit. I am simply blown away by the performance of the DB01R, especially with Lipo and brushless and i am sure the TRF201 will be the same for the 2WD.

My prediction is spot on for a base kit watch and see.. NEXT

...and Kyosho is always a little more than that. ;)

Yes, but the RB5 and ZX-5 are awesome and comes with all necessities, hence the price may be more and some will pay more for exclusitivity of the Kyosho brand like some of us with a TRF/Tamiya ;) .

Latest news...

Kit doesn't include body or wing. :D

Verdict is still out about wheels and tires, but I'm guessing no as well. I mean honestly, Tamiya acts like this car is gonna have so many options for bodies that people will want to pick their very first one. Please......this isn't a touring car. I'm betting just like the 511 and DB01, there will only be 1 or 2 that fit. Pretty dumb move. Wheels better be included.

According to one Tamiya USA employee, Tamiya USA is even working to get the kits packaged and shipped with a body and wing. Even they know this is a stupid decision...

AK of TamiyaUSA will try his best to get the package done I am sure. I would like the wheels/body and wing to be included but I would like to choose my own tires/tyres :)

The total package would be around $350+ (more than a B44 :o ), I am estimating and it will be more than the Kyosho RB5!!

You gotta PAY to PLAY! Then you need to get a Brushless/LIPO setup etc.. Which will COST....... ;)

My prediction is spot on for a base kit watch and see.. NEXT

Yes, but the RB5 and ZX-5 are awesome and comes with all necessities, hence the price may be more and some will pay more for exclusitivity of the Kyosho brand like some of us with a TRF/Tamiya ;) .

AK of TamiyaUSA will try his best to get the package done I am sure. I would like the wheels/body and wing to be included but I would like to choose my own tires/tyres :)

The total package would be around $350+ (more than a B44 :o ), I am estimating and it will be more than the Kyosho RB5!!

You gotta PAY to PLAY! Then you need to get a Brushless/LIPO setup etc.. Which will COST....... :D

Well, at least I didn't complain that our hobby is too cheap :P Anyway, you do hopefully get what you pay for, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the next 2WD TRF would be slightly cheaper: Tamiya has put a lot of effort and money into making this happen, and I think we should be glad Tamiya took the effort to make a 2WD TRF at all ;)

PS: I was wondering the other day if The re-release of the Dyna Storm a few years back may have had something to do with the development of a TRF 2WD? I know the car they have probably has more heritage from an RC10B4 than any Tamiya (2WD) Buggy, but it might have been a symobolical start of the project? ;) A sort of motivation and inspiration to the team for the project?

First photo where I like the look of the car. :)

Lee_Martin.jpg

I LOVE IT!!! Is this Lee Martin´s car? I think these are his colours...

http://translate.google.nl/translate?u=htt...l=&ie=UTF-8

Seems from the translation work of google that you can get a (lightweight) body for free after the purchase (first batch of produced cars only?) by entering the bar code or something of your car?

It seems that although the body, wing and tires are not included, the wheels will be.

PS: Another thing about the body: There is a Version 1 listed on TamiyaUSA at the moment, suggesting that there will be another one released? :)

PS: Another thing about the body: There is a Version 1 listed on TamiyaUSA at the moment, suggesting that there will be another one released? :)

Wasn´t it the same with the 511 body? It is called version 1 but there hasn´t been a second version as far as i know. Maybe it´s still to be released.

For people who might be interested... Chassis/closeup pictures :lol:

trf2012.jpg

trf2013.jpg

trf2014.jpg

trf2015.jpg

More info and reference to the pictures: Link

PS: I couldn't find them in higher resolution, but they must be out there... :(

Edit:

How about this Link? Me likes:

42167_36.jpg

Finally an image where the shape of the shell is shown over clearly - nice for planning paint schemes :)

42167_44.jpg

This one needs the item name included maybe:

54220 TRF201 Front Axle (For 3/16" x 3/8" Bearings)

So Tamiya decided to make their car compatible for both their own metric wheels, but also everything that's already out there - nice move Tamiya! B)

42167_22.jpg

This image shows the rear suspension mount according to Tamiya Canada... Although it's pretty obvious they would improve it, we shouldn't have the same trouble again as with the Dyna Storm's suspension blocks :D

PS: It also seems like not only Tamiya is going to join the 2WD buggy world again... Besides Schumacher also releasing a new buggy again, Team Durango might also be up to something, even though the current car still has the front and rear end from a B4 it seems

lm.jpg

lm%202wd.jpg

And here are some huge pictures of the TRF201 :) It seems to me that this car uses hex screws? (That would be great, and it might put an end to the necesity of buying titanium and/or hex screws, like on the DB01 (PS: Does the TRF511 also use hex screws already or not)?

Nice ;) - But which one is actually the kit? :) I see several ones listed.

And about pre-ordering... Is it really faster than ordering once the cars are in stock in the stores? :)

Isn't the price a little higher than we expected too?

Yep, definitely a lot more than I thought it would be :)

RC Champ sell the 4WD DB01R @ 20,280 and the 2WD TRF201 is only slightly cheaper @ 19,900. Why is it only 380Yen (£2.62) cheaper to buy a 2WD buggy?

Yep, definitely a lot more than I thought it would be :)

RC Champ sell the 4WD DB01R @ 20,280 and the 2WD TRF201 is only slightly cheaper @ 19,900. Why is it only 380Yen (£2.62) cheaper to buy a 2WD buggy?

The DB01R is not a race bred machine hence no TRF designation. This 2WD buggy is a TRF racing machine. TRF cars are always more expensive. The TRF501X which the DB01R is based on is much more expensive than this 2WD buggy. Anyway this TRF 2WD machine looks pretty nice but personally I wouldn't buy one since it's designed and priced for racers not bashers. I already have a Sand Viper + 3Racing hop-ups for bashing.

The DB01R is not a race bred machine hence no TRF designation. This 2WD buggy is a TRF racing machine. TRF cars are always more expensive. The TRF501X which the DB01R is based on is much more expensive than this 2WD buggy. Anyway this TRF 2WD machine looks pretty nice but personally I wouldn't buy one since it's designed and priced for racers not bashers. I already have a Sand Viper + 3Racing hop-ups for bashing.

I can understand the justification for the premium price of the TRF501X and TRF511, but take the TRF moniker off the 201 and call it a "Super Frog" does the price still stack up? The TRF201 and the DB01R kits are very similar and comparible; if my memory is correct both kits come without body, wing, wheels, tyres, motor, ESC and the chassis' appear (to me anyway) to be made out of a similar material.

So does that mean the DB01R is cheap, or is the TRF201 expensive. For me it's definitely the latter.

:)

PS - anybody know whether the TRF201 is a limited edition? It says so on this website --> http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=7891

The TRF201 is so expensive because it includes so many hopups like Fluorine sealed bearings, HL damper cylinders, blue titan turnbuckles, and titan coated shafts throughout. If you priced these hopups separately, they would be well over $150...

PS - anybody know whether the TRF201 is a limited edition? It says so on this website --> http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=7891

All TRF cars are limited edition. This is because the team is always developing something new, and the car will either be updated or replaced in a year or two. No reason to go on producing it indefinitely.

That's like saying the EVO or MS chassis are not race bread. Of course the DB01 is race bread. It's just a less expensive version of a more expensive car...

Wait wait wait... the TRF201 will be 19900 yen? One of those will be 210 dollars? That's 160 euros... What are you people nagging about that it's expensive!? :S

I'd just like to make a comparison here... Do you know people know that if I were to buy any car for that price not on the internet but at an LHS in the Netherlands (prices are roughly the same, especially here in the northern part), I would get no more than the oldest type of TA05 for that money at it's 169 euros, as a kit!? I wouldn't even get an RTR TT01 for it, as that would cost you at least 230 euros! The DF03 also costs 169 euros, to make a closer comparison. For me this TRF is dirt cheap, and I can almost buy two for the budget I decided to put aside for one of these :)

And yes I know it misses a body (and possibly the wing), and yes I know it doesn't have tires... But at such a price, it's not something I can't afford :)